View Full Version : Spacers for framing

06-27-2010, 02:05 PM
Who has used the plastic spacers for framing? Where did you find them? I don't seem to find them at Dick Blick. How do you like them?

I've been framing with mattes, but honestly I am having trouble finding framing sections, and am considering just going with standard size frames, which (for me) means going without a matte and trying a spacer instead. :rolleyes:


06-27-2010, 04:10 PM
paul, I use spacers now and get them by the foot at my local framing supply warehouse. Here you only have to have a tax id number to buy wholesale from them. Lots cheaper than getting them from a frame shop or Hobby Lobby. Hope this helps,

06-27-2010, 04:16 PM
Paul, painting for standard size frames is easy, and many do that. Do a "search this forum" with the word 'spacers', and you'll find threads with good links to stores too.


06-27-2010, 04:56 PM
I get mine at United Manufacturers Supplies.

Deborah Secor
06-27-2010, 05:07 PM
Paul, you can buy spacers online at www.frametek.com Check out both kinds, Framespacers or Econospacers, depending on what you want to use. There are some videos there for you to look at, too. It's easy and looks good, plus the frames are smaller (more economical.)

My personal preference is to use a frame with a fillet or liner. I think it sets off the painting better than a plain vanilla frame.


06-27-2010, 08:54 PM
Here's a recent thread:


I buy mine at local framing shops.


06-27-2010, 10:55 PM
Thanks to each of you. Good food for thought and I'll look at some other posts and sites to check out products.

Deborah, I agree with you -- I like something between the frame and the image, and I think filets have a certain "classy" feel about them.