PDA

View Full Version : Cades Cove

tamid
06-26-2010, 11:27 AM
What are the finishing touches you would do? And how do you do it?
(winsor newton w/c on kilimanjaro "baby block")

thanks for your help! - tami

Bumpa
06-27-2010, 12:14 AM
G'day
great work, marvellous foliage
My view would be for a little more variation and interest in the fore- to mid- ground
e.g. - low shrubs or bushes, or a diagonal fence line, coupla cows?
It's looking good so far
cheers

tamid
06-27-2010, 03:01 PM
Thanks Jill! I really like the idea of the cows, I may give it a try.
"great work, marvellous foliage" - thanks, it was a trick I got out of the Watercolorists Essential Notebook: a torn sponge.

Herve
06-27-2010, 05:01 PM
Very nice work. I like the mood

tamid
06-27-2010, 06:10 PM
Thank you, Herve!
tami

artmom
06-28-2010, 09:59 AM
Tami, very well done. Lovely view of the Cove. :clap:

Deer might be a better animal to put in the Cove. Or wild turkeys.

However, if you put cattle in, Black Angus were the kind run in the cove for the last 50 years or so.

I live near the cove and it is one of my favorite places on earth!

Lyn

tamid
06-28-2010, 01:35 PM
Great suggestion to keep it authentic to the location, Lyn. We have been going every saturday morning to ride bikes. you are right, there are so many deer and turkey that they almost seem to be tame. The same day I shot this photo, we saw many turkey and deer. I wish now that I had gotten a photo of one turkey with his feathers all fanned out. He would have been perfect to add.

Cades Cove is definitely one of, if not the, most beautiful and serene places there is on earth!

Thanks for the nice comments, I still feel the mountains, and green of the field need some work just not sure how to go about it, also that blossom bothers me but I don't know what to do with it either!

Laura D
06-29-2010, 12:17 AM
It's one of my favorite places too. I think some more definition in the distant tree tops... would give it a more misty quality, which the Cove is famous for. I like the idea of the deer and turkeys but would keep them muted.

tamid
06-29-2010, 01:11 AM
Thanks for the suggestion, Laura. I posted the finished piece in the Gallery. See what you think. - tami