PDA

View Full Version : WIA - TGIF June 25/10

Barrie
06-25-2010, 12:07 PM
Happy Friday!!! Nothing going on here at all - the sun is shining, my emails are answered, and I'm contemplating a little breakfast. Then some studio time! After dh gets off work, we're heading to town for the weekly shopping - kitty food, parrot food, crickets for the lizards - hmmm, grocery shopping for pets! :) Have a great day everyone!! Cheers!

Andee
06-25-2010, 12:59 PM
TGIF!!! But - roadwork is going to start in a few minutes to last through tonight, tomorrow, tomorrow night, the day after tomorrow and the night after the day after tomorrow. Argh.

:wave:

Andee
06-25-2010, 12:59 PM
Oh, and hi Barrie! ;) And Hi all! ;)

TheBlueBetween
06-25-2010, 01:38 PM
Andee, does that mean your commute or your sleep will be disrupted? How was the beach????

Barrie, doing the same here, oatmeal with blueberries (someone got all the garden strawberries while we were gone - pooh.) and then off to Target to get a couple of pillows for the new pillow shams (my spread came - it's great! brighter than in the picture, but it's ok) and then more tennis camp (2 hours, 3 days a week, will keep him tired out!) and I don't know, either a couple hours of melting glass... or weeding. the yard is out of control since I was feeling so bad all spring. Seriously white trash looking. the grass is up to my mid-shin. The weeds are as tall as I am. Bleh. I guess it's weeds then.

LOL

:wave:

Barrie
06-25-2010, 02:05 PM
Pam, Andee had a holiday filled with construction right near the place they were staying, and came home to find out they're doing road construction nights and weekends for the next while (can't remember how long!). Poor Andee - she won't know peace and quiet for a while!! If I win our big lottery tonight, Andee, you're SO quitting your job and doing a bit of travelling!! I promise!! Pam maybe your raccoon friend raided your garden? Oatmeal and blueberries sounds yummy! Our local farm will have blueberries next week - I think I might get one more trip there for strawberries before they're done for the season (I've been on a total strawberry kick while you were gone!!). Hope Luke enjoys tennis camp! Oh, and welcome to white trash land - the yard around here is starting to remind me of something out of Jurassic Park! The back yard weeds are almost 4 ft high! lol Good thing only one neighbor can see in our back yard! :)

I still haven't had breakfast yet - better get to it!! cheers!

LadyArowana
06-25-2010, 03:09 PM
Hi everyone, welcome home Pam, how great that you have been able to meet up with Dawn.

Andee, total yuck about the road mending. In the UK I think they are all much too lazy to work anything like antisocial hours. The chaps that did the gas pipe thingy at the house were 10 till 4 types, weekdays only LOL. It's your punishment for German efficiency! At least you are sure of a break while the footie is on LOL.

Barrie, that's a pretty pattern for the dresses, I'm sure you will do fine, measure twice cut once, isn't that the motto ?

Claire, I'm glad you rescued Leon, they probably had a good laugh at the CCTV camera footage, just don't try it around any security sensitive sites, wouldn't want you and the puddle hound arrested.

Not much happening with me. Cleaned up at the house first thing, returned the carpet samples to the agent so the guy can collect them from her, had a quick chat about the decor etc plans, and then came back to London. Poor DH is having a wasing m/c crisis, but I told him that my superpowers do not extend to fixing a washing machine in Singapore from a train in the UK! He is phoning the service people first thing and as a plan B can always go and see one of my friends. She has a Philippina housekeeper so it's not like an extra load or two of laundry is any biggie!
Must go get supper now, have a good one all. Fiona