PDA

View Full Version : WIA Tuesday 22nd June

LadyArowana
06-22-2010, 12:44 PM
Hi everyone, just starting us off :wave: Fiona

Barrie
06-22-2010, 01:07 PM
Good morning Fiona! Good morning everyone!! I have a student coming today for a private class so I'm up and getting ready early. Must go arrange the studio for the student. Hope you all have a great day!! Cheers!

Andee
06-22-2010, 01:10 PM
Good morning... what am I doing here, it's EVENING in my part of the world, see how exhausted I am? :p Hi Fiona, hi Barrie, hi all. Work is... worse than ever. With added tummy cramps. Let's leave it at that. Hope Dawn and Pam are having a great time, and the rest of you, too! :wave:

claire.c
06-22-2010, 02:19 PM
Hi all
We have lovely hot sunshine, Leon has finally been persuaded to jump in the pond, I might live to regret this. David has booked him for a haircut before we go on holiday, I'm a bit sad at the thought of him losing his lovely curls (I sound like Pam with Luke LOL).

I've been researching masks for the ones I want to make, there are some totally gorgeous venetian ones that I'm longing to try my hand at http://www.delpiano.com/carnival/html/strand1.html. The big problem is what to use as a basis, I want something light, strong and with some flex to it, I'm thinking expanded aluminium with thin foam backing and covered with satin on the bias. Then decorated with beads and filigree/lace. I'm considering trying to batik crackle on the fabric to give it some texture, I don't know how well it would work on satin so may have to try a very shiny artificial silk instead.

Fiona, if you have nice light in a room then I think cream walls look wonderful. Seems like the statue is making progress, hope it reaches you soon.

Barrie, hope you and your student have fun, what will you be making?

Andee, sorry your day has been so awful, I suppose it wasn't unexpected. Hope you feel better soon.

LadyArowana
06-22-2010, 03:28 PM
Hi again, Barrie, have a good class, how are all your things for the wedding coming along ?

Andee, hugs, are you still bossless, ? I saw some well muscled chaps taking down scaffolding today, and it was warm and sunny, so they were only wearing shorts and high viz vests, I thought "Andee should be here, this would cheer her up" we could have whistled and hooted and embarassed them.

Claire, I am going to be very boring on the decor. Magnolia walls, how dull is that. But I don't want something that people would not like, and while cream is boring it's not offensive. If I was going to be here I would do it differently but I have to be sensible.

Hope Pam and Dawn are having a great time. Fiona