Year Created: 2002
Medium: Pastel
Surface: Paper
Dimension: 16 x 20
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Pastel on Wallis sandpaper

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Anything goes. Just curious what you think.

drquinn
09-27-2002, 02:20 PM
Wow, really stunning work. I'm not happy about the crop to the left as it does not appear immediate, at least not on the computer that the horse is actually standing in the possition it is. But I think the child and horse are done excellent!!!

Gilberte
09-27-2002, 02:22 PM
A little more "body" in the body of the horse ? First impression was that I saw a balloon or a poodle of water behind the girl. The rest is excellently done.

Epicurea
09-27-2002, 05:10 PM
Works just fine for me, and brings back memories. I remember my favorite out of the three or four we kept over my childhood, an Arabian, standing just this way, turning his head and twisting his neck back affectionately toward whomever was standing close, almost like a hug. I see where a viewer could become confused about the natural curve of his belly where it meets with her arm. Maybe a touch of shadow or complementary to push that area back a little, so her arm and his belly don't appear to be on the same plane.

giniaad
09-27-2002, 05:59 PM
I can smell the horse (a good thing)
feel the body heat
and whoosh of air from nostril

yeah...I like it allot...

jerryW
09-28-2002, 08:46 AM
since it is on paper you might consider cropping at the girls hand (maybe 1.5 inches off the right edge) so that the balloon body effect goes away.
great realism and vitality
and intriguing shapes