PDA

View Full Version : WIA Saturday 19th June

LadyArowana
06-19-2010, 10:48 AM
Hi everyone :wave: I now have a mattress on order to go with the bed frame :clap: It will come before, but I shall warehouse it in the living room and then the guys who assemble the bed can leave it as an actual bed :clap: . Other than that nothing else much going on.

Asked DH when he phoned if he had heard anything about the statue, but no nada nothing zip. He is depressed about the football, England were rubbish. I wasn't disappointed because every time there is a world cup people say England will do brilliantly and every time they are rubbish. So I decided ahead of time that they would be rubbish.

Happy travels to Pam and Dawn. Good thing you are not having a "Summer" holiday here, you would be needing to pack sweaters and jackets not capri pants LOL.

I need to get to some chores now. Have a good one all, Fiona

Dawnt0721
06-19-2010, 01:01 PM
Good morning!

I'm sitting in the airport waiting for our flight. We got here exceptionally early (better than late I suppose!) and our flight has been delayed 15 minutes. First major catastrophe...Chase left his Nintendo in the car back at the long term parking lot. I even asked him where it was and he told me it was in his backpack. Sigh.

I'm guessing Pam is probably in the air right now. We arrive about an hour after her! Too funny.

Fiona - yay on the mattress! Wouldn't be good to have a frame without a mattress!

Have a good day everyone!

claire.c
06-19-2010, 01:59 PM
Hi all,
We've had an uneventful day, the usual round of laundry, breadmaking, shopping, dog walking etc. We got the tent out to check it over and measure up for an additional liner - I decided it needs a liner in the front section which can get too much condensation with a dog sleeping in it. So I've bought a load of lining material and will have to stitch it together, not exactly certain how it will work out but I'm sure I can manage.

Barrie, what a nightmare having those cards queried, it makes you realise how much we rely on them. Banks infuriate me, they could so easily develop proper security systems but they just can't be bothered. Hope you have a lovely time with the family tonight.

Fiona, you are so right, this summer is dreadful. We have no interest in football, just as well under the circumstances! Well done getting the mattress organised, you are very efficient. It makes me wonder what your job was before your dh spirited you off to the orient.

Dawn, they were bound to forget something, no nintendo is not a major disaster and he will learn to be more careful in future. Have a wonderful holiday.

Pam, hope all is going smoothly for you.

Andee, I hope your holiday is fun and the weather is now proper summer, unlike the chilly days we are getting here.

Time I started cooking, a nice easy meal and a dvd should be about right. I need to get a bit more sleep tonight, something keeps waking Leon up at 5:00, he barks a few times then goes back to sleep, unfortunately I don't always follow suit.

LadyArowana
06-19-2010, 02:36 PM
Dawn, safe travels. A shame about the Nintendo, boys never listen though do they ? One day he will be married and his wife will be telling you that he never listens and you will fondly remember today!

Claire, you are very brave to tackle tentmaking, even if it is just a lining! Are you planning a trip ? Leon would love that I'm sure. Is it the birds that wake him up early? In Bath the seagulls go off just as it starts to get light, often wakes me up. They cause a lot of problems, it's the fact that we can't use wheelie bins for rubbish ( no where to keep them with townhouses ) and they get into it for tasty morsels ( not from my sad collection of wrappers from 'meals for one' of course LOL ). I thought you knew what I was in my previous life, very dull really, a chartered accountant. Last job was in the financial reporting side of a Japanese bank, slightly less dull than auditing.

Andee
06-19-2010, 04:07 PM
Hi all. You know what's ironic? When you return from a week of vacation that pretty much sucked due to the street being torn open only to find the street at home is currently being torn open and they will work on it for the next 6-8 weeks, during the nights and over the weekends? Seconds between coming home from holidays and first tearful nervous breakdown: 10. Oh, and the train forgot the 1st class coach on the way home. 7 miserable hours in 2nd class, cramped and ugh. And do they give me my money back? Nooo - I have to fill out a form and send it in, and maybe - just maybe - they will decide to give me a voucher or something.

That was my week. My today. And that is going to be my next 2 months. Plus you-don't-even-want-to-know-how-much-work-I'm-going-to-have-during-that-time-with-2-weeks-on-my-own.

I'm so angry I could spit nails.