GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Miss Molly
Year Created:
Medium: Pastel
Surface: Paper
Dimension: 9 X 10
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
This is another commissioned drawing. Still working on colors/shading of Molly's front end. Having trouble with back end and tail.....

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Help! I'm having trouble making the back end look like it belongs. It was not in the original photo, but her expression made me want to add a frisky tail, and of course a butt for it to attach to! I'm also thinking I need to include more of her chest, so thee image goes further down the page. Need, want, would love input!! Thanks so much!

Corby
06-17-2010, 10:49 PM
c'mon! Where are the 'dog people'? (there are lots of you here I know) I am not up to this... I am too mesmerized by the depiction of the fur.

SusieGS
06-18-2010, 12:22 AM
:)

Dana Design
06-18-2010, 11:06 AM
Susie, I'd finish the front of the dog and leave the rear as it is. It's a super portrait...looks like a ridgeback? Not sure. And, did you know that Molly is the most popular name for dogs in the US? Thought I'd toss that in.

crazywoman53
06-18-2010, 02:59 PM
I agree a wonderful portrait. I'd finish the front as well. I'm not sure the wagging tail is really even needed as the dogs happy face tells it all. The rearend reads fine to me. She looks like a Molly dog. :)

SusieGS
06-18-2010, 06:08 PM
Thanks girls! really appreciate your input, and I believe I will follow your advice! Dana, not sure what she is, lol! She's built somewhat like a greyhound, but a little stockier. I love her brindle coloring! I'm havin a blast doing these pet portraits! Really really appreciate the advice. I have a friend who thinks I downplay my art. I know we are always more critical of ourselves, so I know I'm not seeing the same thing that others do when I look at my work. Lovin WC!

jbart
06-18-2010, 11:24 PM
Looks great, I agree with the others. I'm guessing that the collar color hasn't been added yet? I really like the way you made him look so realistic. The hair, the tongue, and eyes are so nicely done. Thanks for showing Molly to us.

LeonArtist
06-23-2010, 12:08 PM
Beautifully done!

SusieGS
06-29-2010, 01:39 PM
Here is Molly again, with reference photos and some detail pics. I think she's almost done. I'm a bit worried I went too dark, but I have included a second ref photo that shows her coloring better. Would love advice, comments etc! Thanks so much!
SusieQ

SusieGS
06-29-2010, 01:42 PM
Looks a little washed out in the photos, not sure why. Here's one more detail pic.......:)

valentine girl
06-30-2010, 10:20 AM
this painting is just stunning! molly looks to be in her sunday best!*******sandy

SusieGS
06-30-2010, 09:12 PM
Thanks Sandy! :)