PDA

View Full Version : WIA Thursday 17th June

LadyArowana
06-17-2010, 01:35 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANDEE

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Jun-2010/45865-chocsmiley.gif

Hi everyone :wave: not much happening with me, but thought I would start the WIA anyway in hopes that some people may drop in and chat. Been very quiet here recently hasn't it? people out having fun in the Summer weather I hope.

Fiona

Dawnt0721
06-17-2010, 01:48 PM
Good morning!

Happy Birthday Andee!!

Fiona - it has been quiet here!

I've been trying to get here everyday but this week has just been crazy for me getting all the packing done. I think most everything is done, one more load of laundry and the last minute stuff and we're set. I also need to run by the book store and see if there are any new magazines I might want to take.

I work tomorrow and then we have a hotel reservation near the airport in Denver tomorrow night so we don't have to get up crazy early to drive down and catch our flight. I'm still debating on whether to take my laptop. We always have some time in the evenings at the hotel but I'm not sure that's a good enough reason to lug it around! I probably will end up taking it just in case I need it for something. My boss teases me because I take it everywhere.

Hope everyone is having a nice Thursday!

Andee
06-17-2010, 01:54 PM
Hi Fioma, hi all, and thanks for the birthday wishes (here and on FB). I've had a quiet day with the usual walk on the beach and football/soccer. Well, I say quiet - as long as you don't count the noise of the street being torn open in front of "our" house which starts at 7:30 in the morning and continues until the evening... Last time I'm going here for vacation, that's for sure! On the other hand, I'll have a gazillion of beach finds to carry home including the front of an antique drawer. My mother thinks I'm crazy, but that's not exactly news... ;)
:grouphug:

Andee
06-17-2010, 01:56 PM
Hi Dawn, you sneaked in on me. :wave:

TheBlueBetween
06-17-2010, 03:02 PM
Happy Birthday Andee!!!! SO SORRY to hear about your noisy vacation - that is such a bummer - and that is what happened to us in Belize so I know exactly how PO'd you are! Oy!

Dawn, I've been going back and forth about bringing my laptop too! LOL I think I will, just in case I need directions or a phone number or something. Speaking of, we need to exchange numbers - I really hope we can meet up. I need to remember to bring you a beady thing to trade :) We fly out early Saturday morning and get in to vegas around 10:30 I think.

Hi Fiona, yes, it's quiet here for sure. So busy a time of year. But that's done for me - school is DONE! Baseball is DONE! I'm so happy! LOL, now to fill the summer up with other things. I want guitar lessons for me and Luke and then he has his camps and such. Wish the weather would improve.

Well I have to go do a huge amount of laundry and try on my new clothes and start thinking about packing. Luke is done with a brand new wardrobe as all his summer things from last year are too small (of course.) I'm not sure what I still need, but am so relieved I don't need a wedding dress.

hugs,

Andee
06-17-2010, 03:31 PM
Vacation time for you, too, Dawn and Pam? Have a FANTASTIC time!! :)

Barrie
06-17-2010, 04:45 PM
LOL Dawn and Pam, don't you two have iPhones??? Internet addicts! Bwaahaahaaa!! And I thought I was bad!!

Andee, glad your vacation is handing you lots of treasures, but that really sucks about the noise!! The drawer front sounds fascinating! A quiet birthday (all things being relevant of course!) is a successful one in my books - do you get to have cake or something delicious at least?

Dawn, good thinking about the hotel - hope you find a couple of good mags to take with you!!

Pam, isn't it funny how quick kids grow? Does Luke like getting new clothes? Freya loves it when she gets something new to wear! Hope you two get to meet up for a quick visit at least!

:wave: to all that drop by today! Nothing exciting going on here today, think I might go find some lunch then head to the studio. Hope you all have a lovely day!!

claire.c
06-17-2010, 06:10 PM
Hi folks
:clap: Happy Birthday Andee:clap:
Just got back from yoga, also had physio today, and my knee is feeling it a bit. Painkillers tonight before bed I think. Otherwise I am OK, just too busy and looking ofrward to the weekend.

Pam, out with the old, always a good feeling. And a holiday imminent, another good one. Things are going to be super quiet here for a while with you, Dawn and Andee all away. Glad all the baseball practice paid off. When do you get blood test results?

Fiona, where are you going to put the statue, is it an indoor piece? I like the bed, underbed storage always seems a great idea, even if frowned on by feng shui purists. Flooding is a nasty messy thing, you are best off half the world away.

Barrie, I used not to be a shoe person but they have grown on me. I think realising that they are the one thing I'm unlikely to grow out of is part of the appeal! David has finally done some overdue pruning too, on our choisya, not severe enough for my tastes.

Dawn, hope you have a fantastic trip. Sounds like you have to pack and prepare for everyone, makes it hard work.

Andee, what a shame about the noise, can you demand a discount? It seems wrong that you should have to put up with that disruption.