GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Daughter
Year Created: 2002
Medium: Oil Pastel
Surface: Paper
Dimension: 12 x 16
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
I've been spending time in the pastels for about 5 months now. Still oil painting but loving pastels. Just wanted to show some of the people I haven't seen in a while when I use to come into this forum what I've been up to.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Don't know what to say in these boxes cause haven't submitted anything since the change

TeAnne
09-27-2002, 09:13 AM
I think this is delightful Luvy. Honestly, it's awesome. :clap: :clap:

Fagan
09-27-2002, 10:38 AM
Luvy! This is wonderful. I thought at first it was an oil painting. Very well done. Your daughter is beautiful! hmmmmmmmm how old is she? is she single? how does she feel about long distance romance?? *LOL* I have three bachelor sons...two in Oklahoma..one in Wisconsin.

giniaad
09-27-2002, 11:11 AM
Luvy...great to see you!...
my 2 cents worth...
the boa and earrings have such nice bright highlights
perhaps some (wee bit) darker spots
at the face edges and maybe hair
would work well to balance this a bit better overall

nice pastel glamor shot work!

jnet11
09-27-2002, 11:16 AM
I have to say I'm not too fond of the glamour shots pose ... I think people are more beautiful in more natural, comfortable environments ... that personal aesthetic aside, well done! the shadows give volume, the composition is classic. Perhaps the eyes seem to float a bit on the face??? no biggie!

nice to see you around, and glad you are still pigmenting

Paintonbrush
09-27-2002, 12:07 PM
Luvy-where have you been>? YOu are really coming along. wow. great lines, shadow, color. you can see confidence in this piece.

Luvy
09-28-2002, 12:34 AM
Thanks Teanne *S* Fagan been in the pastel forum. I love pastels Did another pic of my daughter recently. Have a new website too with all my latest work. Daughter was 14 in this pic We took it after she had her braces removed. She wanted to be glamorous without her braces. I love this picture of her. I've done alot of paintings or drawings of her. She is engaged Been with the boy 6 years. Both in college at UF.

Jnet I just loved this pic of her. She has problems getting her hair to curl and it's the only picture of her that will ever have curls and full like this LOL Plus she was very confident with her new smile. *S*I was trying to get the slight tilt of her face. Guess I didn't get the eyes exactly right. Hmmm

Hello Giniaad Keeping busy learning pastels. I love them. Mostly in the pastel forum as of late. Still oil painting but pastels are so easy to just pick up and do. I did this one in July around her birthday.

Paintonbrush Well I'm still at it and loving it. *S* Think I'll post my lastest pastel portrait while I'm at it tonight *S* LOL

Nice seeing those I haven't seen in a while *S*

allanom
09-28-2002, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by Paintonbrush
Luvy-where have you been>? YOu are really coming along. wow. great lines, shadow, color. you can see confidence in this piece.

Precisely what I was going to say! Very nice to see your work again.

jerryW
09-28-2002, 07:49 AM
uncanny resemblence,
no doubt of family connection
you are really cooking

Fagan
09-28-2002, 11:36 AM
Luvy! This is fantastic! You have kicked it into high gear! beautiful work.

Wayne Gaudon
09-28-2002, 11:46 AM
Luvy .. wondered where you disappeared .. good stuff .. welcome back, nice to see you still active.

artbabe21
09-28-2002, 11:59 AM
Luvy, we've missed you----wow, you've been up to good stuff.
Beautiful pastel work, she looks like her mom.....

love the expression captured on this second pastel!!

pampe
09-28-2002, 11:07 PM
great work, Luvy....missed you!

Pamps