GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: My cat
Year Created:
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 30 x 50 cm
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
This is my tabby cat. It seems the ear is too big, and I didn´t like the body (left side) so much.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
All comments are wellcome.

Corby
06-11-2010, 09:37 PM
Hi Doralice! No I dont think the ear is too large. The eye also seems large on the left as well. I think it is a photo image issue. The picture has been taken at a pretty extreme angle and any parts of the image closest to the camera will be rendered larger than those on the right side of the canvas further away from the camera. It looks to me that you have in fact done a very fine job on your beautiful tabby.

DanaLJensen
06-12-2010, 04:00 AM
I love it....great job!

Bis007
06-12-2010, 06:53 AM
Tabby looks so real! I bet his nose feels wet too. It is Beautiful portrait of your pet.:music: Nice work.

tgsloth
06-12-2010, 01:59 PM
Great job. It's astonishing and inspiring to see how much you've improved. Possibly the eyes are too big is the only critique I can find.

cathaden
06-12-2010, 07:19 PM
i agree with Corby, but htis is a great picture of your cute kitty ;)!

rusted_art
06-13-2010, 08:33 AM
a great portrait of a very pretty tabby. It has a slightly stylized feel to it in the way you have idealized the features and made them conform to where a definite line should be. I have done some photoshopping and moved a couple of tiny things and softened this effect. The body on the left rear, the corners of the eyes, the pupil/iris have been moved a bit, the bottom of the right ear out a bit, the forehead in front of the ears lifted a bit. It might be slightly more realistic but i quite like the way you have done it.

valentine girl
06-13-2010, 06:22 PM
i love it! shows the true curiosity of cats. it looks like he 's pokeing his head right in a camera lens.****** sandy

Doralice
06-14-2010, 09:53 PM
I thank you for your comments, they are very helpful. I haven´t realized about the camera distortion, and I also thank for the photoshop modification. This forum is great and helps a lot. I´ll post the other one I´ve done now.