PDA

View Full Version : An Invitation

PeggyB
06-09-2010, 02:24 PM
Anyone in the Seattle area interested in participating in more than an "art walk" might want to check out the work that will be shown in Issaquah during the month of July. The opening reception will be held during the first Friday Issaquah ArtWalk.

Oh yah - the first image on the invitation is my Black Calla Lilly dry pastel. 20 x 10 pastel mat; Sennelier & Unison pastels. :)

Peggy

JULY MEMBERS SALON SHOW ~ 29 PEGS ON THE WALL
Come One, Come All, Just Peg It!

Opening Night Reception : Friday July 2, 2010 from 6 – 9pm
The Gallery decided to have a little fun with July’s Collective Works exhibition and do a Salon style show for Art Walk night. We made it an “anything goes” show and invited all current artEAST members to grab one of the pegs on the wall. Since it’s a non-juried show, we asked them to show us their new work, their best work, work they’d like to sell, work they wanted to share, or work that introduced them to their fellow members and the world at large. Needless to say, we had a stampede and received a wide variety of art submissions ~ maybe now we need to call the show 29 Pegs, 3 Nails and 1 Rope! Whether you are looking for new artists or your long time favorites, come check out what our artists wanted to share with everyone ~ we think you will find it to be quite inspiring! The show runs through the month of July and the Opening Reception is on Friday July 2nd, (6 -9pm) at Up Front art in downtown Issaquah (48 Front Street, between Jak's Steak & Stan's BBQ).

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Jun-2010/68149-2010_July2010ecard-web1.jpg

Colorix
06-09-2010, 02:47 PM
Would love to, Peggy. Gorgeous calla, very dramatic!

Charlie

PeggyB
06-09-2010, 09:51 PM
Would love to, Peggy. Gorgeous calla, very dramatic!

Charlie

Fly on by anytime Charlie - I've a guest bed just waiting for you. :)

The calla is a very fun flower to paint. This one really was an extremely dark red violet, and in some of them it did indeed look almost black. I bought it at Easter time instead of the traditional white.. Working from life made it so much easier than trying to work from a photo and not see things correctly.

Peggy