PDA

View Full Version : WIA Monday, June 7/10

Barrie
06-07-2010, 03:43 PM
Good moring!!! Our sun is shining, the birds are singing - perfect way to start a Monday. Sure wish I hadn't had to get dh to work at 6am - makes for a very long day! I'm on my way down to the studio to get that ring finished - send me good 'flush setting' vibes please!! Back later to let you know how it goes! Cheers!

Andee
06-07-2010, 04:15 PM
Hi Barrie, Hi all!

So it's Mionday Moring, Barrie? ;)

Had my first nervous and tearful breakdown of the day this morning after a whole 20 minutes in the office. Fun. :P 4 more workdays.

Hugs to you all.

TheBlueBetween
06-07-2010, 04:18 PM
everyone north and south of me keeps mentioning sunshine... and it's POURING out here!!!

Andee, you need that vacation asap! hugs!!

Barrie, good luck - custom work makes me crazy too, the best plan is to just GET IT DONE!!!

I'm painting. It's a misty jade color. it looks like hospital gown. if frank comes home and that's what comes out of his mouth.... well lets just say I've got the pointy stick sharpened.

claire.c
06-07-2010, 05:27 PM
Hi all
How did it get to be Monday so quickly? Work was OK, nothing too bad happened, after work I took Leon into town to bank all the show takings, thought he could be my bodyguard! Most bodyguards don't steal frisbees from small children though. I also got the invoicing done at home, another small job out of the way, and I've been trying to work out the financial results on the show, looks like we have made £400-£500 profit which is very good for a musical.

I'm not doing a lot this evening, have been trying to train Leon to turn in a circle, for some reason he struggles with the concept but is finally getting there. I got a bit stuck for things to teach him and decided to try a few dance moves so this is the first one. Have you seen any videos of Tina and Chandi, the dancing dog? I don't think Leon will ever be that skilled, but he does enjoy dancing.

Barrie, flush setting vibes heading your way. Hope you get it over and done with quickly and can do some things of your own choosing.

Andee, ugh, your Monday does not sound good, keep your focus on the holiday and let the rest go hang. (((HUGS)))

Pam, we have grey skies too, the sun will come eventually. What are you painting? I am envious, I would love to do something creative. Now the show is over I may have time, and in fact have to make masks for Hamlet (for the Players) so that should be fun.

TheBlueBetween
06-07-2010, 08:34 PM
Claire, I'm painting the bedroom, nothing creative except that I love the color finally. Let's see if I still love it at night.... but I love it in the day, so I'm keeping it. That's so funny you are teaching your dog to dance! Zoe is not a dancer at all. I've been teaching her to stick her tongue out at me though. Frank think's I'm certifiable.

Barrie
06-08-2010, 03:19 AM
Pam, I really like the green - very soothing color. Hope you like it when you get up tomorrow! lol about being certifiable - you wouldn't be nearly as much fun if you weren't would you?! :)

Claire, that's awesome that you're trying to teach Leon to dance!! Fun!! Wouldn't work with my dogs, though Jessie will jump around on her back legs in a circle if cookies are involved. Hmm, maybe she does dance?! lol Hooray for the musical making money!! Hope you get a rest before tackling the next one! :)

Hugs Andee, hope it isn't as bad tomorrow.

Well, I finally finshed the ring! And I'm exhausted!!!! I had to tear my studio apart looking for a 2mm pink stone (either tourmaline, garnet, ruby, whatever!!!!), and had to settle on a pink sapphire - my studio looks like a bomb dropped. Even worse than usual!! lol but the dang thing is finished, and I can say I did it!! (had that stupid Dora the Explorer song in my head - for those with little ones that know that stupid tune!!) Now, I'm going to bed - I'm exhausted!!! I don't usually work with such precision!! Four 2mm stones, placed evenly around the band - precisely drilled, burred, set, burnished, polished, etc. Whew! Need sleep! :) Cheers!