PDA

View Full Version : Revelation of Judgement

Corby
06-05-2010, 11:14 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/06-05-2010/70790_lampstands12.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Revelation of Judgement
Year Created:
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 18X20
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
I dont know as I ever posted this, perhaps I did, even though I consider it unfinishable from my standpoint of capability...how presumptuous to try and capture the glory of a heavenly scene. This is where the glorified Christ tu<br>s his attention to the 7 congregations pictured by the lampstands to give commendations and reprimands. The Apostle John recorded the vision under the power of holy spirit and so it is available for the congregation today, for the purposes of self analysis.<br>Revelation chapter 1 verses 12-16

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
whatever expresses your artistic convictions.

MRSBB
06-06-2010, 01:28 AM
Corby, I had to go read the verses, and yes He does stand in our midst. I think it is wonderful you are able to express your faith through your art as I know you do in your every day life. I like the light radiating around Christ. I can only speak for myself, but I know I could never have faced the challenges in my life without my firm belief in Him. Thanks for sharing, it's beautiful........Lenore

Becky Foster
06-06-2010, 10:16 AM
I find it fascinating, Corby, that we both like to paint botanical subjects and I've always wanted to paint a scene (or 2) from Revelations... :heart:

You've done such a wonderful job here. The atmosphere especially and the light. The way Christ glows and the way you've made the candlesticks come alive - excellent.

My only crits would be the elipses on the stands - maybe check those. And I can't tell if Christ's hand closest to us is palm up or down - I'd think it would be up but the thumb appears to be on our left, which would mean it's palm down.

Beautiful, well-thought piece Corby!
-Becky

mkillough
06-06-2010, 03:56 PM
When I scrolled down and saw this it was as if time stopped for a second, and left me with the most peaceful, comforting feeling.
Thank you for sharing this very special work with us. :)

Maryq

tgsloth
06-06-2010, 05:39 PM
I was going to say that this is wonderful and you're getting better but I realize that it may have been painted in the past. It's still wonderful regardless of when it was done. More like this, please.

rusted_art
06-06-2010, 08:15 PM
as usual i am looking at the composition as a vehicle for continuing the painting journey along the spiritual path that is our existence

jbart
06-06-2010, 11:07 PM
This is a fascinating piece. I really like the composition. His left hand probably could use a little shape definition. Thank you so much for painting this beautiful scene of Jesus and sharing it with us. I am a Christian so this painting is especially uplifting to me.

maqbool
06-07-2010, 02:56 AM
Corby, you succeeded to give us a new dream. Excellent.

toraman
06-07-2010, 05:54 PM
A successful painting Corby.

Bis007
06-09-2010, 04:26 AM
"his head and his hair were white as white wool, white as snow"
Very admirable work MrC, it is lovely! and to create a piece from a verse/poem or any writing is very difficult to do, you've shown us it is from the heart and very personal. Thanks for sharing this amazing work of yours.
(Albrecht Dürer, Apocalypse (1471 - 1528) his depiction are interesting too-I love his sketches).

Lovely!