PDA

View Full Version : Love Your Life Class

Nancys
06-04-2010, 08:11 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Jun-2010/40472-Peppers_art_Jsmall.jpg
Peppers
Kilimanjaro 9" x 12" 140 lb. Journal
I prepared this entry of peppers today in preparation for an art journaling class for members to document their daily life. The image came from the Wet Canvas forum but for the class I will make my own photo using fewer peppers. This is my first post in this area and I'm so glad to have it available for sharing.

c.michael
06-04-2010, 08:57 PM
Lovely!:clap:

Nancys
06-04-2010, 09:01 PM
Thank you Miss C. Wish you were going. Why don't you quit your job? It's time for your retirement besides I need an assistant.

robertsloan2
06-04-2010, 09:23 PM
Sandra, your peppers are gorgeous! I love what you did preparing for your art journaling class. The mingled colors and good design are so lovely. I like the strong values too, this is a bold painting. Enjoy the class and keep posting!

c.michael
06-04-2010, 09:54 PM
Nancy, in my crystal ball I see a new blog in your future ... just journal pages. What a treat that would be for all of us, including your students! Whatcha think? After all, what else to you have to do with your time?!!:lol:

jacquip
06-04-2010, 10:15 PM
Nancy that is a great pic to start with. I am sure the rest will be just as good and even better. I like that you are all prepared and eager and ready to go. My kind of person :) Look forward to seeing what you come up with from class and elsewhere.

Nancys
06-04-2010, 10:15 PM
Hi, Robert and it's not Sandra but Nancy but that's ok since you had such nice comments about my post. I think for the class I'll get some Kroger peppers and just have about 3 or 4 for the students to paint instead of the whole bunch so they can paint more projects but still work from a photo. And you have an awesome information filled website on oil pastels. I keep running back to learn something new.

And Connie, love, I'm always behind on posts on all the blogs I contribute to now. But thanks for the hint.

Zenica
06-04-2010, 11:10 PM
Hey nancy,
welcome to the journal forum. I noticed that you were painting on a kilimanjaro 9x12 from Cheap Joe's. I love that Kilimanjaro paint book too, it is the only one i have found that mingles regular sketchbook paper in between each page of watercolor paper. Now, the paper isn't "Arches" but it is lovely to work with anyway, just the right amount of sizing and a good sound too! I decided to branch out a few years ago and I got hooked on the product and the amazing price! Anyway, I am looking forward to seeing more work from you. Your peppers are fun and a great way to push the shade and value in newer artists. Thanks again!

From your "friendly" neighborhood,

Zenica

robertsloan2
06-04-2010, 11:30 PM
I'm sorry, Nancy. I've been goofing up on names all week. I have fibromyalgia and it causes serious memory problems sometimes. I know who I'm talking to and my brain feeds in a different name, which seems right at the moment. Your peppers are fantastic, the comment's definitely what I meant and yours is the art I was looking at.

That would be great, setting out peppers for your students to paint. I know I'd love it if I was in your class.

DrDebby
06-04-2010, 11:33 PM
Nancy, those peppers are awesome. Such lively colors.

Nancys
06-05-2010, 12:23 AM
Oh, wow..thanks for all the comments. jacquip thanks for the encouraging words since this is my first class to teach. I gave an art journaling program/talk last month and this is a result of that, but in a different location. Robert, I get that way without a good reason except old age and Dr. Debby, glad you like the colors. I'm having so much fun preparing for the class.

Nancys
06-05-2010, 12:34 AM
Zenica, I thought I put paste some notes on the sketchbook pages. I really bought it to practice from the Shirley Trevena books but didn't got around to it. For my regular journaling I use Aquabee, Canson Montval or Raffine and I'll probably have the students get one of those - anything around 90 lb. I see Strathmore is coming out with a new journal "Visual Journal" that is available for mixed media. Thanks for the visit.

suruchi
06-07-2010, 03:33 PM
Hi Nancy,
I just subscribed to your blog and sent you an email message. Welcome to Wet Canvas! You'll love it here. How was the class?
Dena

Nancys
06-07-2010, 07:07 PM
Nice to meet you Dena. The class will be July 23, 24, and 25.

Jakesgram
06-30-2010, 02:19 PM
Hi Nancy! I'm sure you are really busy preparing for your class and many other things. But I love your peppers and hope we will get to see more of your art journaling projects as time allows. I love the colors you used, and I really like the way you framed the image on the page.

Nice work!

Jean

mhimeswc
06-30-2010, 04:37 PM
I love the longhorn collage on your blog, Nancy.

virgo68
06-30-2010, 07:09 PM
Hi Nancy! Love the name for your journal - something I have got to remind myself every now and again, besides acknowledging how it good it really is too!

The colours of your peppers sing, and the looseness of the washes is lovely to look at, can't wait to see more and good luck preparing for the class :)