PDA

View Full Version : Cicelly

DeVere
06-02-2010, 06:09 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/06-02-2010/44027_Cicelly_(for_critique).jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Cicelly
Year Created:
Medium: Colored Pencil
Surface: Paper
Dimension: 11 x 14
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
I know the proportions of the head are off. Will work on getting that right before shading next project. Is there anything else (there must be a lot) that I can improve upon?

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Any and all input is welcome.

Kent
06-02-2010, 09:25 PM
Devere,

You've done some nice work here; the shirt is particularly well done. The jaw line looks very sharp--on children, the jaw often flows into the neck area rather than being sharply defined.

Cheers,
Kent

tony1
06-03-2010, 09:00 AM
There's not much that I see as problems here. The teeth/braces are well done, something I'd imagine is tough to do.

The only thing that jumped out at me, and it's minor, is the texture of the hair. The hair you did on the her right side is great, but the majority of it on her left side doesn't look "fine" enough in texture especially towards the bottom. Just my opinion.

Like the palette too.

DeVere
06-03-2010, 09:17 AM
Thank you so much for taking the time to review my drawing and for the kind words. I appreciate the critiques and will work on correcting those areas especially, on my next one.

cthomp7280
06-04-2010, 02:10 PM
Nice work.

The only critique I can offer is to re-examine the value of both eyes. The eye that is logically farthest from the viewer happens to be the darkest item on your portrait. This jerks the viewers eye left. away from the other parts.

IMO, either lighten the eye or make relative changes to the other parts and bring the portrait up to speed as a whole.