PDA

View Full Version : WIA Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Andee
06-01-2010, 03:43 PM
June already? Where did May go?

Hi all.

As of today I'm officially boss-less. Yay. Erm...

One more workday, then 4 days weekend, then 5 more workdays, then the long awaited and still not-quite-ready-for holidays. I mean, I am SO ready to have holidays, I'm just not ready if you know what I mean?

Pam - can't complain, Thursday will be a holiday and Friday the company is closed, so - yay. Ummm, I'm afraid I don't have the energy to read a book on diets, I don't even manage to read for fun atm. I SO have no life... Wow, I guess I need a kid, my floor needs mopping, too. :D

Claire - your dinner sounds yum, minus the crab of course.

Dawn - I never heard about that honeymoon phase in diabetes. Hope it will last long for Cody.

A note on the tell-the-boss-you-can-only-do-so-much thing. It's easy to say, but sadly that's not how it works... It's not as if the boss is the one pestering me with more-than-I-can-manage, it's the whole situation really, he/she can't do much about that. My former boss was working her *** off as it was, 12 - 14 hours daily, it's total madness. I currently have 4 reviews to do on new business partners, each of them taking a full day at least, plus a couple of communication measures that need to be organised (until a few months ago I didn't even know that would be part of my job, but there you go), and all of that before I go off on holidays. Plus the numerous other things like payment releases and whatnot. Have I mentioned lately how much I hate that job? Sigh...

Yawn... :wave:

Dawnt0721
06-01-2010, 03:56 PM
Good afternoon!

Andee - how nice that you have a long weekend! Maybe the weather will be nice enough for you to get out with your camera.

:wave: everyone!

Another lazy summer day! Spent the morning outside with the boys trying to get some color - I'm so pale! They played with water balloons on the trampoline. Of course much of the water found it's way to my back! Lunch is done, laundry is going and I'm going to light my torch. I'm feeling like I need a turtle. I think I sold mine from last summer.

TheBlueBetween
06-01-2010, 04:18 PM
Hi Andee, glad you have a short week! I like Dawn's idea of a camera. Too bad you can't read that book (or another one on the subject) as I really think you might benefit as it lowers stress.

Dawn, sunshine sounds dreamy. it's so wintery here. Hope you make a turtle. Everyone needs a turtle ;)

I'm done packing up my bead orders (lots for a change!) and am off to the PO and to the vitamin store, looking for adrenal and immune system herbs. I'm determined to feel better by the time we go to Vegas. I know, it's only 3 weeks away...

:wave: for now...

claire.c
06-01-2010, 07:20 PM
Hi all
Just back from dress rehearsal, all very hectic. The cast did very well and it is all going to come together I think. Small problem on one of the leading man's songs, he is coming round to mine to go over it tomorrow.

Sorry not to be more chatty, I'm feeling tired, I'll catch up tomorrow.