PDA

View Full Version : Got One! (WIP)

Greg C.
09-25-2002, 09:03 PM
A somewhat whimsical look at UFO's...this combines several photos, part of a monotype and some painting with my tablet (the flying saucers). The man with the gun is from an old photo of my great grandfather that I restored recently.

I'm not really sure where I'm going with this image...not sure if I even like it yet!...so any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

TeAnne
09-25-2002, 09:43 PM
THIS is really impressive WOW:clap:

Wolverine
09-25-2002, 11:33 PM
I like the lines throughout, the blue is my favorite part. :D

nonamac
09-25-2002, 11:44 PM
Greg, I love the colours and the texture! The halo around the gunman gives him a "hunted by aliens" feel. The tension between the dark red area and the dark blue area is good, and the arc pulls it all together. If you don't know where it's going, maybe this is just a study...

I find that when trying things in digital, they tend to have a more "finished" look to them than, for example, a watercolour study. But not everything you start has to end as a finished piece. I find that my best digital works start with a plan of where I'm going...I may not always get there, or some unexpected and wonderful effect may alter the plan, but it's hard to work with no idea of what's intended.

I love your digital pieces, and am so glad you came into WC!

nonamac

jsr88
09-26-2002, 10:45 AM
What she :rolleyes: said!!!
Plus
:clap: ~ WOW!!! ~ :clap:

I really LOVE this one! REALLY!!!

plumpfairy
09-27-2002, 12:39 PM
:D I like it!
jana:D

Topaze-Skye
09-27-2002, 06:54 PM
I am totally sure of one thing it's wonderful, so glad you came to wetcanvas to post your work:D

plumpfairy
09-27-2002, 07:48 PM
:D Hey Adriana!
I like your tineyhead! Good to see you here.
jana:D

Greg C.
09-28-2002, 12:56 AM
Thanks to everyone for the nice comments!

nonamac- You make some very good points...I go crazy sometimes if an image is not working for me. I guess I should just call some things studies or sketches and leave them at that! :)

bmckamey
09-28-2002, 02:20 AM
this rocks!
i want a copy!