PDA

View Full Version : Christ with Dove above His head

l Heather l
05-31-2010, 05:47 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/05-31-2010/186792_ChristPainting2.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Christ with Dove above His head
Year Created:
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 24 x 36
Allow digital alterations?: No, please :)

MY COMMENTS:
Christ with a dove above His head.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
What do you think of the dove? Is it working? Thank you.

tgsloth
05-31-2010, 06:55 PM
Magnificent work. The dove is wonderful. The only thought I have for you is to work some darker values into His garment.

cthomp7280
06-04-2010, 03:30 PM
Nice work. Who can truly say anything bad about The Man himself?

On a technical note though, you may want to consider broadening your values. There are only 3 values in your piece. This gives the illusion of flatness.

If you broaden your values to around 5-6 and use them correctly, then you can turn this into something truly exceptional.

waiting4jesus
06-04-2010, 04:11 PM
I agree with cthomp that a broader range of values would strengthen the painting. The diagonal stripes are distracting to me. I'm sure it's not your intention, but they make it look like Jesus is in a cage with the dove.
Good job on the drapery.

Bis007
06-05-2010, 07:10 AM
The WIP is great. It is a very nice painting! The dove is working and good suggestions above. Maybe the white lines are a bit distracting,you have already indicated the prospective with the dove above with the dove's halo area. Maybe making the bottom BG darker too can you mix in other colors in the yellow?. Dunno.:music:

l Heather l
06-07-2010, 10:15 PM
Thank you all for your comments and observations! Much appreciated! :heart: