PDA

View Full Version : Where's the Fire? (Rain Air)

tgsloth
05-31-2010, 01:50 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/05-31-2010/124239_Fire_Extinguisher.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Where's the Fire? (Rain Air)
Year Created:
Medium: Oil
Surface: Board
Dimension: 6x8
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
The last seven days of our disastrous trip to Costa Rica consisted of rain, followed by heavy rain, followed by thunder and lightning, with flooding, and then rain. So what's a plein air painter to do but attack something within the hotel room. I hope my painting adds to the Canon of Fire Extrinquisher Art and is categorized as a Rain Air piece.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Open

La_
05-31-2010, 02:02 PM
:lol: geez man, you'll paint Anything!

it's rather a redundant item considering the environment, but i'm glad to see it perched there just in case :lol:

almost too realistic to hang, i fear one might actually think they were prepared!

la

Corby
05-31-2010, 02:03 PM
Just goes to show TG that you can't keep a good artist down, you cant even drown him! They might however get you for such atrocious puns! About the painting itself I would say you worked the color choices to excellent effect and it reflects a certain amount of interest in the subject. That is a point for kudos in itself!

allanom
05-31-2010, 06:00 PM
Funny stuff, Bob! And a lovely addition to the "Canon"..:O)) No crits at all, just a fine piece of paint applying and wonderful balance of complimentary colours.

billmahler
05-31-2010, 10:23 PM
More good progress, TG
I think this is one of the best I've seen from you.
The canister is almost perfect. First class modelling using temperature and value nicely.
When you do this well, we can pick small nits:
The strap holding it on has a top edge - it has perspective and you haven't caught that. Just a hint of light will do it, I think.

MRSBB
06-01-2010, 01:49 AM
This is a great little painting TG. Boy, I bet your wife was upset with all the rain. Well all is not lost, when you get home you can have a fire sale and take the lady out to dinner...........Lenore

crazywoman53
06-01-2010, 01:37 PM
Your post brought a smile to my face reading your plight of rain drops falling on your head.. but you've managed to bring us a wonderful painting inspite of it all and even some laughter with the subject matter. How about hitting the dining room or the lobby and do some people paintings.. probably not as funny as the fire extinguisher though.

tgsloth
06-01-2010, 01:56 PM
Thanks for your comments, girlfriend. The darn people won't stand still while I paint them. I have, though, seen compelling paintings of banal subjects and I tried to do that sort of thing.

Spyderbabe
06-02-2010, 10:56 AM
This is great!
I just got back from the beautiful Dominican Republic where we had three straight days of heavy rain.....and me without my paints...

tgsloth
06-02-2010, 02:57 PM
The solution for both of us, Kathleen, would have been...
watercolors.

cthomp7280
06-04-2010, 02:12 PM
Nice work. It carries a painterly edge with excellent usage of chroma and value.