PDA

View Full Version : WIA Sunday 23rd May

LadyArowana
05-23-2010, 03:59 AM
Hi everyone :wave: , just starting us off. It's another beautiful sunny Summer day in London and I am just having a quick coffee before I get up and start the day. Really should go out to play YAY. Hope it's a lovely day for everyone else. Fiona

Barrie
05-23-2010, 12:00 PM
Good morning!! It's cloudy here, but not cold so I'm not complaining. Hope everyone has a lovely Sunday! Cheers!

claire.c
05-23-2010, 01:35 PM
Gosh we are quiet this weekend. I've been enjoying the glorious sunshine, not spending too long out in it for fear of burning. I took Leon to the riverbank for a swim so he is damp and happy. Some doodle owners have bought paddling pools for their dogs, don't think I have room for that, but he can jump in the pond if necessary. He never has done yet as it is quite deep, maybe one day he'll take the plunge.

This morning I did some baking, made potato and chive monkey bread, and chocolate cake. That's enough cooking for a hot day. David is still not back and hasn't rung me so I have no idea whether he'll be back in one hour or eight. No doubt next week will be one of moans and groans, about being tired, aching and having too much work to do. Not feeling in the mood to be sympathetic.

Andee, hope your movie fest cheered you up. Are there any local events for the bank holiday?

Barrie, you have a holiday tomorrow too don't you? Hope the commission stuff went OK.

Fiona, London must be stifling, it seems to amplify the heat. I suppose you are used to it after Singapore though. Hope you have a fun day.

Rehearsal tonight so I had better get a few things done.

Andee
05-23-2010, 02:05 PM
Another quick Sunday-blah-hi. Sorry...

Claire, nope, didn't really help cheering me up. It's not movies, it's just vids the devs of that game made during their feedback sessions, and since I still have a crush on that one guy and they tend to do some taradiddles I was hoping for a giggle at least. Oh well... Monkey bread? Beg'y'pardon? :D

Barrie - :wave:

Fiona - hope you enjoyed your sunny day!

All - hugs, and sorry for being so quiet once more...

claire.c
05-23-2010, 02:12 PM
I have no idea why it is called monkey bread, you can get sweet ones but I make a savoury version. The dough is rolled into small balls and coated in butter before going into the pan, then when it is baked you pull it apart rather than cutting and it falls into sections. Calorific of course but rather nice, my recipe uses mashed potato in place of some of the flour which makes it moister.