PDA

View Full Version : FREE CLOUD DEMONSTRATION, 6/10 in Albuquerque

Deborah Secor
05-21-2010, 02:27 PM
FREE COLORFUL CLOUD DEMONSTRATION
THURSDAY, JUNE 10, 11:30-12:45

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-May-2010/23609-j-nine.JPG

If you're in the Albuquerque area on Thursday, June 10, I hope you'll join our class-in-progress for a one-time treat! I'll be doing a demonstration & lecture on how to paint clouds. You know how much I love :heart: painting clouds, of course, and it would be fun to share with you what we do in this class. I'll demonstrate in soft pastels (although I now welcome students using ANY MEDIUM to my classes as long as they aren't using any strong smelling solvents or fixatives.)

I'm opening up the lecture/demo portion (only) of this class, which is usually about an hour to 90 minutes long, for FREE. My gang (who get front row, reserved seats, naturally) usually bring along a sack lunch. There's more information and additional options on my web page.

If you're nearby, come on along! Seating is limited, so I'm taking reservations.

Deborah

Donna T
05-21-2010, 06:09 PM
Oh I wish I could be there to see you paint clouds, Deborah! I know you will "wow" everyone and I hope we get to see the demo painting here later.

Paula Ford
05-21-2010, 06:43 PM
Oh I wish I could be there to see you paint clouds, Deborah! I know you will "wow" everyone and I hope we get to see the demo painting here later.

Oh me too :( . . . . ditto!!

BabyBeeb
05-21-2010, 08:04 PM
Gosh, it it weren't for distance, I'd be there in a heartbeat! All you locals better take Deborah up on her offer!

Deborah Secor
05-21-2010, 09:50 PM
Guess I need to hire a little Lear jet to pick everyone up! If only....that would be fun!

...But hey, if we have a jet why not go paint on location in the south of France or something? :lol:

Deborah

Potoma
05-22-2010, 12:45 AM
I am overdue for a vacation...

Studio-1-F
05-23-2010, 11:51 AM
FREE COLORFUL CLOUD DEMONSTRATION
THURSDAY, JUNE 10, 11:30-12:45
Wow! I am nearby, on vacation. Put me down for one seat. Thanks! Cool!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: (Please PM with directions, etc.)

Jan

Lynndidj
05-23-2010, 12:54 PM
It would be so cool if you could Skype this class somehow, but I don't know how you would do it with so many people receiving it. Wish I could be there - oh well, another time maybe. Thanks for the offer, Deborah!!

Lynn

Deborah Secor
05-23-2010, 05:38 PM
Jan, that will be great. I'll send you a message... :D

Skype--wow, kewl idea, Lynn. I don't know that it I could make it work for this, but maybe at some point it will.

Deborah

sketchZ1ol
05-24-2010, 03:37 PM
hello
sounds like you're really up for this!
Tres cool!
:} Ed

Mary Brigid
05-25-2010, 11:08 AM
Ok I am off out now to look for a rainbow. Find the leprechaun underneath and demand my wish...... If I find him I will be there... Seriously Deborah I would love to be there...
Mary Brigid

bnoonan
05-25-2010, 11:15 AM
Deborah - I'm off by a month! I'm so sorry I missed you on my trip through ABQ. I think we were actually there long enough to pick up the rental car and then breezed right on up to SF & Taos. I would have loved a good ol' hug from you! And of course to give one as well!

I want to know how you know there will be clouds in the sky on that day?;)

Seriously - I'm enamored by all your cloud paintings and am jealous of not being able to attend.

TRUST ME EVERYONE - THIS IS A GREAT DEAL!

Are you having someone video tape you? It may be something to use as a sales tool on your web site - just a few seconds of a demo.

Love you! Barb:heart:

Deborah Secor
05-25-2010, 01:57 PM
Thanks, all. Yep, I am up for it! I love doing demos...it's likely the show-off in me. (Only child. You know the type... :o)

Mary B., hop a jet and come on along! Seriously, I'd love to have all my WC friends come.

You too, Barb. I'm sorry we couldn't connect this time, too, but it's just unavoidable sometimes. Oh, I have a little trade secret I'll share with you: photographs. Wait, you already know that secret, don't you? :lol: There will be clouds that day, guaranteed. Never thought of taping it. I've been flirting with buying a camcorder...but can't afford it right now. Anyone have a Flip? I'm just thinkin'. (Oh no, I Googled it. Again. And now they will tempt me and tempt me with Flip ads. Get thee behind me, etc.)

Deborah

RiJoRi
05-25-2010, 06:00 PM
Hmmm, maybe you could come to Long Island, where we've had such artists as William Merritt Chase, Willem de Kooning, and Jackson Pollock. There are still some places that look like WMC's Idle Hour.

Note -- we do not generally dress that way....

--Rich :evil:

Deborah Secor
05-25-2010, 07:16 PM
:lol: Rich, I bet we could get some folks to dress up that way, just to add the proper contrast into the foreground! I'd love to travel and do a workshop now and then, but life has me pretty tied down, at the moment. I'd love to breathe some fresh, ocean air and paint the views.

Deborah

Dark_Shades
06-04-2010, 10:08 AM
Guess I need to hire a little Lear jet to pick everyone up! If only....that would be fun!

...But hey, if we have a jet why not go paint on location in the south of France or something? :lol:

Deborah

No Point........ no clouds :wave: just came back from there lol - perfect blue sky, not a cloud to be seen