PDA

View Full Version : sensual - revise

angela
09-24-2002, 10:00 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/09-24-2002/11184_final_behind.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/09-24-2002/11184_before.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: sensual - revise
Year Created: 2002
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 16x20
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
I reworked this from the original. I have included both images...

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
I guess, I want to know if it works better. Following all of your advice, I added detail to the wings, and made them look like they were growing from her back rather than blended in, and I added more shadows to her behind...Comments???
Thank you

artbabe21
09-24-2002, 10:13 PM
Angela,
Guess I missed the first one, for I like it better than the new one, other than the shadows under the upright buns...overall skin tones much better...

Growing out of her back isn't the way I personally see angel wings, but more subtly like the lower version. The top one looks more like an webbed being.....that's just how it hits me :)

PS, how do you like the changes?

jerryW
09-25-2002, 08:46 AM
this would decorate an adult toy shop with dignity

angela
09-25-2002, 10:45 AM
artbabe21,
Thank you for your comments....I like the fleshtones and the detail in the wings better, but I am not too sure about how they are growing out of her back. I think I might go in and soften it up a little. It looks kinda freaky to me...I may go somewhere in between the 2 so it doesnt look so flat, but also not so weird...

jerryW,
Thanks...I think...:)

angela
09-25-2002, 11:01 AM
Actually JerryW, I dont think this was a comment I should thank you for. I think you are being sarcastic, and sarcasm is not going to help anybody's work in here. Positive, constructive criticism is welcomed, and appreciated. If you don't like paintings of things like this maybe you shouldn't open the ones with the icon on them.....

jerryW
09-25-2002, 01:21 PM
sarcastic, to some extent, but it relates to aspects of the composition and the symbology, which may privately be much different than apparent. (and that is not a battle worth fighting)

artists dedicated to private symbol systems are like people who try to make up new spoken languages - it works in scat singing and music all the time. But if this relates to the transcendent (angellic) innocence of female hind quarters, a different market is waiting.

The central positioning suggests the development of LOGO or corporate symbol or illustration of a specific idea. This construction is prosaic more than poetic, it speaks in capital letters, but in a secret language.
Does all assistance have to be positive, no, negative no.

I must say you command color to make form well, but you seem to be spending time in a personal or psychic pursuit - like a full frontal rear onslaught on pure symbology (with an erect feminine inclination), I am failing to connect better than that.

IRDOC
10-16-2002, 01:35 PM
Angela the blended winged one is best.....
you did right by thanking all commenters......
as always beauty is in the eye of the beholder.....
doc

angela
11-07-2002, 07:44 PM
thank you Doc. i will try to remember that! :)

chifancier
11-07-2002, 10:20 PM
I love the shadows you added to her behind, but other than that I really prefer the first version. :)