PDA

View Full Version : WIA Thursday 20th May 2010

claire.c
05-20-2010, 02:52 PM
Hi all
I'm off to yoga in a minute, went and got a proper mat today so it looks like I'll be keeping it up! The mat will be handy when camping and suchlike anyway so it wouldn't be wasted in any event. Looks like we finally have summer, the weather is warm enough to be outside without coats and the forecast is to get good and hot this weekend. I'm feeling quite upbeat, whether because of the increased warmth or the new eating patterns I have no idea, pleased though. I've been trying to do my knee exercises, not all at once but every time I have a few minutes. Not sure if they will have any benefit, and it is odd just doing one side, perhaps I should do some on the other side too to even up.

Dawn, sounds like Cody is doing really well, they adapt quickly at that age. Such a shame Chase is not well, seems like it is one thing after another with your boys.

Waves to everyone still to come, I hope we can all catch up over the weekend.

Dawnt0721
05-20-2010, 03:34 PM
Claire - have fun at yoga!

Had to bring Chase to work with me this morning because he was STILL running a low-grade fever when he woke up. I know it's viral because he's been on antibiotics for a week so nothing to be done but wait it out. I think the ear infection was part of this...whatever it is.

Talked to the dietician this morning and she said his food logs look pretty good. What they usually do is have you count the carbs for each meal and dose the insulin according to that number but she says Cody's on such small amounts of insulin right now it really wouldn't do us much good. Other than the occasional FOUR cinnamon roll meals where he might need a little extra to cover it.

Poor guy was so upset this morning at getting up early he flung himself on the couch and cried "I can't take this anymore!". I assured him that it was only ONE week until summer and he could sleep in everyday. Sweet baby.

Hope everyone is having a nice day. Kind of cloudy/rainy here but supposed to be a gorgeous, warm weekend.

Andee
05-20-2010, 04:00 PM
Dashing through hi all - freezing my bum off here, I have icecubes for toes, even tho it's still nearly 20°C outside, it's icy cold in my appartment. Or maybe I'm coming down with a cold, I don't know. One more workday, and then a three-day-weekend. Can't wait!! See you then! :wave:

TheBlueBetween
05-20-2010, 06:02 PM
hi guys :)

Have another one here that is SO done with school. He's draggin' and tired and has a headache over one eye... so I let him stay home. But he's got 4 weeks... lucky Cody! Poor Chase, he sounds like Luke....

Claire, yay for sunshine and feeling good :) I think you should do both sides... unless doing the other side would put undue stress on the hurt side?

Andee, warm up! That's one thing I am these days is warmer. That's something at least :) hope you aren't catching something...

Not much going on - see you guys later :wave:

Barrie
05-20-2010, 09:32 PM
Well, that was interesting!! We spent all last evening and night with no power - again!!!! Not my favorite thing, I must say!! I stayed upstairs and didn't get to sleep until nearly midnight (got into a really good book on my ipod - which had power!). Dh went to bed early (not much to do in the dark!). Cody and I took turns stirring the saltwater tanks every hour or so (breaking the surface tension allows the water molecules to exchange oxygen molecules or some such nonsense). Anyway, when the power came back on at 1 am, I nearly jumped out of my skin!! But had to wake dh up because the one living room salt tank didn't come back on (he'd unplugged something he shouldn't have, so served him right! lol). Anyway, we're seriously researching generators now - wouldn't due to lose $1000 worth of corals (no, didn't pay that for them, they grew!!). I told him if we sold a couple of the big ones, it would pay for the generator!! Not sure he'll part with his babies, but worth a shot! lol Other than that, today was run around like crazy doing some stuff for Cody and getting supplies for my class tomorrow. :wave: to all, hope you're all having a good evening!! Andee, glady you have a 3 day weekend coming up!! Cheers!