PDA

View Full Version : S&T - May 16-22

samben84
05-18-2010, 02:53 PM
I really didn't want to start this week's thread, but here goes. Please all C&C are welcomed and encouraged. The colors aren't the best. It started out purple, but when I sanded it, it ended up mostly red, so I just went with red.

The first pic is the whole necklace: Polymer clay pendant, rose quartz, pink satin cord, my own twisted wire and silver metal. The necklace simply ties in the back. The second pic is a little better pic of the pendant and the twisty wire. My brother taught me how to do that. He used the wire twisty thing when he was working on airplanes.

samben84
05-18-2010, 05:45 PM
A pair of earrings using the polymer clay. Silver metal, semi-precious beads that I lost the tag from, crystal bi-cones and polymer clay.

Boy, that jewelry stand sure is dusty. :rolleyes: Any C&C appreciated. Go ahead... I won't cry.:D

samben84
05-18-2010, 06:08 PM
One more pair of earrings. Same materials.

RWSewell
05-18-2010, 07:11 PM
You definitely have some good ideas and the texture pattern of the clay is a nice element to pair with your colored beads. I wonder if flat colored beads would have complimented a little better then patterned ones? In particular I'm thinking of the earrings in your second post - seems overly heavy and the red texture draws attention away from the pattern in the clay. I'm leaning toward the simplicity of your second pair of earrings and I think it's just a matter of finding a balance of color and texture that looks best to you. Keep experimenting with the clay - it's worth the practice!

:) Rob

samben84
05-18-2010, 07:14 PM
I agree about the first pair of earrings. I didn't realize the smaller beads would overwhelm the polymer beads so much. Every time I see them, I think of a cluster of beads with a dog tick hanging on them. :eek: I'll probably redo them somehow.

claire.c
05-20-2010, 10:45 AM
I love the faux stone, if you hadn't said it was clay I would never have realised. My only suggestion would be to maybe have the large stone in the earrings on a bit longer pin as it is mostly hidden and makes a lot of bulk at the top of the cluster. Lovely pieces, thanks for sharing.

samben84
05-20-2010, 06:04 PM
Thank you Rob and Claire for your input. I appreciate it. After scratching my head and trying to figure out what kind of main bead to replace on that first pair of earrings, I decided to just redo them. All pretty much the same stuff but rearranged. The colors seem to be a bit closer to reality this time. Sorry for the huge pic and busy background.

RWSewell
05-20-2010, 07:38 PM
Definitely less busy and heavy with this cluster and nothing distracts from the texture of the clay. The red beads pick up the color in the clay and the texture ties everything together in this arrangement. Good balance, Sandy.

claire.c
05-22-2010, 01:58 PM
Yes, I like that better, all the elements are allowed to shine.

Andee
05-30-2010, 08:23 AM
Sandy - thank you for keeping the S&T alive! I like the 2nd version of the pink earrings better. The first polymer bead looks really interesting, I would never have thought it's not a stone.