PDA

View Full Version : WIA Monday 17th May

LadyArowana
05-17-2010, 09:53 AM
hi everyone :wave:

Barrie, lovely dress you got for the wedding, is it a "thing" that ladies wear hats for weddings or not really where you are ?

Sorry not to chat to everyone, I'm just dashing through to start us off. Had to deal with the people that supply the gas and electric to the house. I had expected a bill when I got back here, but nada. I had the letter from them from when we got the place, so had account numbers and everything. The chap seemed surprised that I was calling and said I was on 3 month billing and one was due in June. So I asked why something hadn't been sent in March as it was in my name by then. Silence, not a clue. Anyways he sent me off to get readings and will manually generate a bill. Which will arrive after I have gone back to London, but at least it's a step in the right direction. I am sure it will be horrible as the weather was so cold when we were getting things fixed in March and beginning of April. Have a good one all. Might be back later. Fiona

Barrie
05-17-2010, 01:48 PM
Thanks Fiona! No to hats here - very few women wear hats here (thank goodness - I look BAD in hats! lol). Hope the bill isn't too ghastly!! It's usually the company bugging the customer not the other way around!

:wave: nothing exciting going on here today, heading to the studio shortly. Hope you all have a great day!! Cheers!

Andee
05-17-2010, 02:18 PM
Hi Fiona, hi Barrie, hi all. So tired. Feel like somebody hit me with a wall, could've slept standing up while being at work, except of course that I couldn't. http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Feb-2007/29310-yawn1.gif I'm afraid if I keep yawning like this the top of my head will fall off...

Andee
05-17-2010, 02:18 PM
PS - iPhone? Totally awesome!!

TheBlueBetween
05-17-2010, 03:11 PM
LOL, Andee, you've drunk the coolaid! Yes, the iphone totally rocks.

Just a quick hello for now, have spent too much time listening to my mother go on an on... I think I'm going to go try to make a bead or two.

:wave:

TheBlueBetween
05-17-2010, 06:30 PM
so no... I never made it out to the studio. I finished all the paperwork involved in enrolling Luke at that homeschool instead. ah well, it's done. Maybe tomorrow I will make beads. Maybe today I'll sketch some bead ideas instead...

What are you guys all up to???

claire.c
05-17-2010, 06:33 PM
Hi everyone
Sorry to be just dashing through, today was work, dog walk, cooking, soloist rehearsal. Oh and a tiny bit of sewing, I have finally finished the skirt I've been making for the past year!

Tomorrow I have a rehearsal and a load of music to get printed out ready (band parts for the new sections I put in). So I may be MIA then too, but I'll catch up eventually.

Barrie
05-17-2010, 10:46 PM
LOL Andee - I knew you'd be a convert!!! I love all the free apps especially. I'm leary of spending lots of money on different apps unless I love love love them. Welcome to the addiction! :)

Claire, sounds like you're almost as busy as Andee! In a differernt way, but still busy!

Pam, well done is done - guess Luke's committed to homeschooling. Hope you and he both enjoy it. You know, with all you do for him as it is, this might be even easier than regular school as you guys will set up a schedule that works for you rather than against you! Too bad about the studio though - I didn't make it to mine either.

No, I spent the day with Claire and Dayton working on wedding invitations. I didn't get to design them at all but I did do the wording and layout of said wording. They're rather cute and crafty, not to my taste, but it's not my wedding and she loves them, so all is good. Now time to relax a bit - 2 year olds are very energy draining!! Have a good evening all!

Dawnt0721
05-18-2010, 12:00 AM
Hi everyone!

I didn't make it to the studio either. Where does the day go anyway?

Fiona - what a pain! Hope everything gets on track with the billing now. Did you enjoy your little vacation?

Barrie - when is the wedding? It seems like everything is moving so quickly!

Andee - sorry for the exhaustion but glad you are enjoying your new toy :D !

Pam - yay for getting paperwork done! I envy those of you that can sketch out design ideas. I've had a terrible time with that.

Claire - you have been busy! Congrats on finishing the skirt!

I really don't know where today has gone. I relaxed for a bit early and watched some recorded shows on the dvr, made it down for yoga, and then...I don't know. I kept debating between making beads and walking the dogs since the weather was so nice. I decided I would take the kids to the park after homework and put off walking the dogs until then. Then I chatted with my mom for a while and booked my trip down to visit her in August. Chase was running a fever when the boys got home so no park and no beads...argh! Tomorrow I must make something before I go crazy!

MadameKali
05-18-2010, 02:34 AM
Hi Ladies!

I haven't been in much.. I've been super tired, as I think I said (the weekend is kind of a blur!). But when I last saw my doc, he said it was okay to take both doses at once rather than spread them out, because it makes one tired. So I've been taking them both before bed and have been a little less tired. We went out to the movies earlier and saw Sherlock Holmes at the dollar theatre--good film and I got to see a friend that I used to work with at Starbucks.

Barrie, what a great dress!! I hope we get to see pictures ^_^

Pam, awesome that you've found a place that you think will fit Luke. Hopefully that eases your mind some.

Fiona, what a drag when utilities are late and it's not your fault, but you're the one who is inconvenienced. :\ I hope it all gets worked out satisfactorily!

Claire, sounds like a busy busy day! I hope you'll get to put your feet up and rest at some point.

Dawn, I hope you get some good studio time soon!