PDA

View Full Version : Stone Bridge finished

tigre255
09-24-2002, 11:18 AM
I decided to do a new post for this as I am thinking it is finished. I darken some of my greens. If they aren't dark enough let me know.

Critiques are always welcome. If I need to do more don't hesitate to say.........:)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Sep-2002/stonebridge_finished.jpg

Thank you for looking and commenting about the WIP and thanks ahead for looking at this one.

mariela
09-24-2002, 11:23 AM
:clap: :clap: Hi fried! very well done:clap: :clap:

madmum
09-24-2002, 11:28 AM
Barbara, you should be very happy with this :) I like the greens you finished with, and the bridge, water and sky are lovely. Well done :)

Ruth

Becky-Bob
09-24-2002, 11:28 AM
Very nicely done Tigre. I envy those who can do landscapes and make them look so good. :)

tigre255
09-24-2002, 11:38 AM
Thanks mariela "my friend", Ruth, and Becky for you support. The color green is going to be the death of me yet.lolol

thanks again for looking in and commenting..........;)

ArcticRose
09-24-2002, 11:49 AM
I think it's wonderful Barbara!
Greens are tough because there is such a major diversity of them in nature. Finding the green that works with the location can be tough. I live in Colorado, but I still paint my trees like I'm in N.Y. I liked the colors better.

tigre255
09-24-2002, 11:56 AM
I know what you mean. I live in Florida and I like the northern colors better. Mostly fall colors (reds, gold, and all of those other fall colors.) Went ot Conn. last year in Oct. and fell in love with all the variations of colors in the woods there. Didn't want to come home. Plus the fact that the land isn't flat there.lol

Thanks for looking and commenting.;)

ArcticRose
09-24-2002, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by tigre255
I know what you mean. I live in Florida and I like the northern colors better. Mostly fall colors (reds, gold, and all of those other fall colors.) Went ot Conn. last year in Oct. and fell in love with all the variations of colors in the woods there. Didn't want to come home. Plus the fact that the land isn't flat there.lol

Thanks for looking and commenting.;)

Connecticut and Vermont are two of the most beautiful places to spend Fall in! You get your share of purples too. Even oranges look gorgeous in nature....keep painting!

els
09-24-2002, 01:16 PM
Thumbs up! Very well done, love the running water!

Yorky
09-24-2002, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by tigre255
The color green is going to be the death of me yet.lolol

I suggest you mix your own greens, Barbara. There is a whole thread dealing with mixing greens, I did a search on this forum and found this:-

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1823

By mixing your own greens you can vary the blues and yellows and get a very wide variation of colours.

Doug

tigre255
09-24-2002, 03:01 PM
Thank els for looking in and commenting.

And thanks also Doug, and I plan on mixing my own greens from now on. I found the web site the other day and printed it out. But thanks telling me about it. I need all the help I can get when it comes to green. I have to learn about greens because I LOVE LANDSCAPES.lol
Go figure..................:rolleyes:

Strawberry Wine
09-24-2002, 03:11 PM
I love it Barbara. The water really flows and draws the eye down.

Gail

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog
- Ambrose Bierce

Lise
09-24-2002, 03:39 PM
Lovely painting with beautiful fresh colors. Well done.

tigre255
09-24-2002, 03:47 PM
Thank you Gail and Lise, you good for my ego.lol:D

Little Old Lady
09-24-2002, 08:53 PM
Great painting. You did well with your greens. We have some beautiful colors here is Wisconsin too.
JoAnn

tigre255
09-24-2002, 08:56 PM
Thanks JoAnn, I'm sure you do. I really miss the change of seasons. We really don't have that here.:(

taghera
09-24-2002, 10:49 PM
Very good indeed Barbara.....you certainly are pumping out the paintings these days....keep it up. :)

tigre255
09-25-2002, 04:55 AM
Thank Hugh, just need the distraction. But thanks for looking in and commenting.;)

painterbear
09-25-2002, 05:07 AM
Hi Barbara,

Missed seeing the WIP, but I like the end painting. Very nice clear colors and composition. Good job on the greens too.

Agree with Yorky about mixing your own greens. It's fun to see the variety you can come up with for a painting, and, for some reason, they seem much more believable than the pre-mixed greens that you buy. Even a green from the tube such as sap green can be improved by mixing it with another blue or yellow.

Lulu
09-25-2002, 05:27 AM
This is really really nice Barbara. Your progress is an absolute inspiration to me.

Rod
09-25-2002, 06:19 AM
Well done Barbara , I like your strong darks on the bridge , also your foreground boulder that balances the scene.

You have some nice greens and water colouring .

The distant trees if made a touch more of a blueish green would throw them back and give you more depth to the painting.

Rod.

tigre255
09-25-2002, 06:42 AM
Thank you all.

painterbear........your right and I'm going to start mixing my own greens now that I'm getting more into this painting thing.lol

Thanks again Lulu. Your so sweet.

And Rod, I'll try that blueish green, but wont post this painting again. I know you are right about pushing the trees farther back. Your so smart when it comes to painting. I think I've printed out all of your tutorials.lol