PDA

View Full Version : WIA Thursday 13th May

LadyArowana
05-13-2010, 05:36 AM
Hi everyone :wave: , just starting us off. I have my train ticket booked for tomorrow so today I need to tidy up in London. Currently running the washing m/c so that everything is clean when I get back here.

Hoping to hear back today on whether I can get a pelmet made for the bedroom. I have some spare material from when the curtains were made in Singapore but didn't bring it with me as I was tight on room in my packing and wasn't sure I needed it. Because of the way the window is inset it really would look better if I had one done. So IF I can get DH to find the spare and bring it over and IF the upholsterer has time I will get that done after holidays.

Have also been thinking seriously about the kitchen chairs. The Ghost ones I showed you a while back have been culled from my plans. The ones with the arms are prettier than the ones without, but wouldn't look right as 4 in a kitchen. They also seem to be prone to scratching. They have them in use in the V and A museum and whilst a public space is obviously hard on them it would annoy me if they showed every little scrape. DH was happy as he never liked them anyway. SO there are some others being thought about.

Have a good day all that drop in.

Andee, enjoy a work free Thursday :clap: Fiona

Barrie
05-13-2010, 12:54 PM
Good morning! It's a bright sunny one here today - I'm hoping it warms up soon - I'm chilly!

Fiona, good decision on the ghost chairs - I can't see a princess tolerating scuffed up chairs! Hope your dh can find/bring the material for you!

:wave: to everyone!! I'm working on web stuff for a bit, then will probably head down to the studio. I figure it I hang out in there long enough, inspiration will strike and I'll be able to make something without feeling like I'm forcing it! We shall see! In the meantime, I'm just not going to stress about it! :) The wedding plans are coming along nicely - Claire found her dress on Craigslist yesterday! We were sending links back & forth, and voila, one we both like turned out to be 'the one'. And the lady selling it hadn't even worn it at all - her family didn't approve of it, so she bought a different one for her wedding. Too cool!
Hope everyone has a great day today!! It's almost the weekend! :) Cheers!

claire.c
05-13-2010, 02:23 PM
Hi all
Tonight is the first yoga class, I'm starting to worry that I won't be fit enough for it, I'll just have to take it easy and see how it goes. The relaxation part should help my stress reduction. Tomorrow is my consultant appointment so I don't want to get myself in too bad a state, but it might help me know what hurts and what doesn't.

I've been organising the doodle meet for Saturday, looks like we have at least ten dogs coming, mainly because one woman owns five - can you imagine that! We will take a lot of pics so I can share them, I'm hoping Leon won't be the naughtiest dog this time.

Fiona, what type of chair are you looking for, presumably something contemporary? Hope your dh can manage to bring the fabric, it is a tough task for a man you know.

Barrie, seems like Kevin and Claire's wedding will be totally different to Chris and Imogen's, nice that your kids just seem to get on and do it.

Hi to everyone else, I'll pop in after yoga and let you know how I get on, now I need to go and sort out my feet as it is a barefoot class and they look disgusting!

Andee
05-13-2010, 03:25 PM
Hi all - Looks like it's another day of not-even-attempting-to-catch-up, sorry for that. Am living on pain killers these past days. Sleeping in didn't quite work either as it was only 6 when I got up. At least I went out today for lunch at my mum's, and I need to do some shopping tomorrow. I am considering to buy an iPhone - me, who HATES cell phones. But the thought of being sans internet during my vacation next month gives me the shivers. ;)

Claire - enjoy your yoga and don't get yourself knotted or something ;)

Barrie - it's way too cold here, too, I'm having the heaters on all day.

Fiona - have a good trip! Hope you'll find the perfect chairs soon.

Pam - you asked about my boss. She's not leaving the company, she'll work in a different department which is on the same floor as ours, so except for her not being my boss anymore not much will change, she'll even keep her office for the time being (we'll move locations in a month or so to which I'm not looking forward as it will mean a slightly longer commute and, ugh, huge offices for twenty or so people - atm I'm sitting on my own with just one colleague).

All - :grouphug:

Dawnt0721
05-13-2010, 03:27 PM
Hi everyone,

Fiona - eww scratched up clear chairs definitely would not do! Hope you have fun on holiday with hubby and that he finds the fabric for you.

Barrie - great find on the dress! I'm with you on the lack of inspiration. Hoping to get some soon.

Claire - don't worry about yoga. The best thing about it is that you just go to where your body tells you and it could be different day to day. I do find it relaxing as well because you are forced to think about the postures and it helps to give you a break from the life matters that run through your head day to day.

Susie - I would agree that you should go for all new tires if you can. It will certainly cost less in the long run if these tires you have are prone to holes and dents in the rims. Congrats on the willpower too!

We spent the day yesterday in Denver at the center for our one week follow-up appointment. All went well and we got home just in time to cook dinner. Then I had to take Chase over to urgent care for an ear infection and to the pharmacy for antibiotics so didn't get home until 9! Ugh! I'm tired and I have a class to teach tonight.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Dawnt0721
05-13-2010, 03:27 PM
Hi everyone,

Fiona - eww scratched up clear chairs definitely would not do! Hope you have fun on holiday with hubby and that he finds the fabric for you.

Barrie - great find on the dress! I'm with you on the lack of inspiration. Hoping to get some soon.

Claire - don't worry about yoga. The best thing about it is that you just go to where your body tells you and it could be different day to day. I do find it relaxing as well because you are forced to think about the postures and it helps to give you a break from the life matters that run through your head day to day.

Susie - I would agree that you should go for all new tires if you can. It will certainly cost less in the long run if these tires you have are prone to holes and dents in the rims. Congrats on the willpower too!

We spent the day yesterday in Denver at the center for our one week follow-up appointment. All went well and we got home just in time to cook dinner. Then I had to take Chase over to urgent care for an ear infection and to the pharmacy for antibiotics so didn't get home until 9! Ugh! I'm tired and I have a class to teach tonight.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

TheBlueBetween
05-13-2010, 05:50 PM
hi peeps, am feeling a bit better today and managed to make cookies to take with me to Luke's class poetry reading in a few. It should be cute.

Dawn, you've got your hands full, but I'm sure things will calm down soon. Hope Chase feels better!

Claire, good luck with yoga - I want to get back into that one of these days when I have the energy again.

Andee, are you going to the beach again?

Fiona, I'm so glad you decided against those chairs! LOL

Barrie, let me know if it works... I've given up even going out to the studio.

:wave:

claire.c
05-13-2010, 06:18 PM
Hi guys,
Just got back from yoga and grabbed a quick salad. It was an interesting class, most of the things were doable, just the kneeling and one of the lunge positions that were real problems. My pointed toes caused amusement, automatic and I have to concentrate hard to stop it. I think I'll carry on with it when I can until I am well enough to dance again, if it keeps me flexible and builds strength in my back it is a good idea.

Andee, what is causing the pains, is it your neck again? Maybe when Pam and I have sorted out our opposing problems we may be able to suggest something helpful from our experiences.

Dawn, poor Chase, your kids are in the wars lately. I'm finding the yoga positions a bit confusing as I have danced for so long that I tend to go into positions I know and control joints separately rather than moving holistically.

Pam, good to hear you are starting to improve, I'm not certain yet whether I am getting anywhere, too many variables in my life. But I'm still trying.