PDA

View Full Version : Cheeky

John B
05-12-2010, 08:36 PM
Hello,

I've not posted here for some time due to illness and the inability to get to my studio. I am recovering very well and I;m now able to get back to my painting. I have an exhibition in July along with 2 other artists. It is a themed exhibition titled "Sensual Art", I have already completed several pastel painting and this is the first of my acrylic paintings.

This will be my first exhibition for a very long time and I am glad to be sharing it with other friends and artists. The title of the painting is a little obvious but it fits in well with the painting I have already done.

The other paintings can be seen on my website.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-May-2010/55768-Cheeky...jpg

Various Acrylics on stretched canvas, 18" x 24"

Kindest regards

John

gaykir
05-12-2010, 09:25 PM
Well John you haven't lost your touch! Nice work. Great satin and hose!

OkeeKat
05-12-2010, 09:25 PM
Hi John!
This is done well, but I think she appears a bit too pinkish almost sunburned.
Sorry not quite one of my favorite subjects, but it is art so Thought I'd give you my input!
good luck in the show!

ladypainter
05-13-2010, 07:42 AM
Very well done. The title fits for sure. :)

arl
05-13-2010, 09:42 AM
Wonderful work and modeling of the figure.

dances_with_oils
05-14-2010, 10:58 AM
John, I just love this pose! I don't think she's too pink...I think she's the loveliest shade of "come hither' glow.

My grandfather was a Bootie (40&41 Cdo WWII/Korea era) as was my daughter's father (42 Cdo Falklands era). I love your pieces on them and yes, you're right... those bugles are permanently seared into my brain...lol I was actually just listening to C-in-C Fleet Band's CD with the Preobrajensky March on it... love that piece... Per mare, per terram!