GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Looking OUt
Year Created: 2002
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 16 x 20
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
I losened up on this one. Painting was becoming a choir, since I was being soo critical. I could fix a lot of things I am sure, but I will move on and try to just paint daily.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
However your feed-back is helpful for future refernce. Take your best shot at this one. I think I'm going to start painting with a little more impressionistic flair. It seems more enjoyable. By the way I encourage you to support Wet Canvas, it is an awesome venue for artist all around the world to show their art and share their experience.
www.mybrushwork.com

TScottDove
09-24-2002, 04:43 AM
The sky seems so overcast (white) for your foreground to have such vivid color. A more vibrant sky might set this off.

jerryW
09-24-2002, 06:45 AM
you recently posted a different version of the same scene which I liked.
the way colored shapes penetrate other colroed areas is very good.
if the green hill could push into the sky space in a bit more interesting way the whole thing would come together a bit better, as it is the sky is not enough involved.
the style is a treatment that I like.
wayne goudon-ish

Wayne Gaudon
09-24-2002, 06:56 AM
jerry .. did you get your check in the mail . LOL ..

USA .. I think it's a lot looser than some of your formers .. 2 things for me .. the bank going of into the distance (ocean). If you had lighten your value as you go off into the distance you would have created a lot of distance for your viewer to travel .. ie. go from your beginning color to a low mute of purple blue .. the sky is lost on this one .. a good old fashioned dark sky with a little peep hole or no sky at all .. 2nd choice would work for me.

Good stuff .. the rendering is loose so your next challange is to let loose with your coloring .. painting is supposed to be a joy, not a burden.

USA
09-24-2002, 09:27 PM
(Wayne) I will work on lightening up distance mountains adding purple blue in a low hue to create the illusion of depth.
(Jerry) I will get the sky more involve, it seem a little light in color.
Thanks for the tips.
www.mybrushwork.com