PDA

View Full Version : WIA Friday 5/7/10

MadameKali
05-07-2010, 11:17 AM
G'morning friends!

I . am . up . far . too . early. I popped awake around 7 after going to sleep around 3 and I wasn't able to get back to sleep for two hours (!). I tossed and turned until I could tell B was starting to get fussy about my moving around and got up so he could sleep before work. I have a few pairs of earrings to ship off today (yay, sales!) and then... I would love to be productive but I will probably just crash out at the first opportunity.

Dawn, you're in my thoughts today!

:wave: Everyone, I'll pop back in to catch up later.

TheBlueBetween
05-07-2010, 11:31 AM
sounds like my night Susie! off to a field trip to padilla bay with the class though... need COFFEE!!!

(((dawn & cody))))

:wave: to the rest of you. I'm sure there will be pictures on facebook.

xoxo

Andee
05-07-2010, 11:53 AM
TGIF and TGTCIO!!!
That last one? Thank God The Conference Is Over. And it's heartfelt.

Hi all!

I was living on nerves the last 5 days, huge conference which I organised with people from all over the world, 1 1/2 days, our biggest event of the year (our = our department). It's over now, pheeeeewwww!!! AND! Remember that yummy CEO I told you about last year? This morning I rode the elevator with him, and what can I say? I wanted to kick out our student and press the stop-button somewhere between the 7th and 9th floor just so that I could be alone with him for a while, he is THAT attractive! :D Of course I did neither, but it was nice daydreaming about it for a brief second. ;)
(I'm still too smitten with that dev guy, it almost felt like I'm cheating on him. LOL)

Sorry I've not been around lately, I'm afraid there will be more of that in the near future, what with my boss being gone after next week and our student who has been a great help the past 12 months leaving, too (he told me this morning, I was not happy), and my colleague being on seminars and holidays and whatnot all the time and there's no replacement yet for the boss and WARRRRRGH I don't even want to think about it, I will probably work around the clock or at least it will feel like it.

I haven't read anything of the last WIAs really, but I read about Cody, Dawn, and hugs to you both, and to the rest of the family! What luck that you got it checked just in time, hopefully it won't be as terrible as you think to get adjusted to it. Hugs!

And hugs to you all - I really missed you!!

BeadTowne
05-07-2010, 01:40 PM
Susie, I woke up way too early too. Think it was knowing I had to get to school to deliver lesson plans, my alarm was set, but that's me and my sleeping habits. Hey, how did your cinco de mayo feast turn out? Have you recovered yet?

Pam, Hope the bay is magical and the kids well behaved.

Andee, Daydreaming is nice. Hmm, don't know who this other dev guy is. I've missed a lot myself. I'm still at a point where guys are just guys and I barely notice them.

Dawn, How are you, Cody, and the rest of the family doing today? Hope it is starting to sink in and will get a bit less scary for Cody.

Claire, Any fun weekend plans? I think I should be like you and bake some bread this weekend. Think it would cheer me up.

Need to try to take a nap. My eyes are still watery and itchy, but think I'll be fine after a couple days of rest. Was watching some crochet vids this morning and thinking I'm ready to give it a try. Now to find the hooks I bought a few weeks ago.

I'll be back later.

LadyArowana
05-07-2010, 01:44 PM
Hi Andee, Pam and Susie,

Dawn, hope things go Ok today, Extra Hugs.

I went out to look for some fabric to make a scarf today. I just finished one I started a while ago. A lovely linen that was really meant as a furnishing fabric but I fringed and knotted it. Liked that one so much that I thought I would do another in a different color, but nothing as nice as the one I had. Either nasty fabric or prints that looked much too "furniture" like. I may try Liberty's tomorrow, but I was too tired today. Had been out for ages and was weary. I will share pix of the project later. Have a good one everybody. Fiona

Barrie
05-07-2010, 01:58 PM
Good morning!!
Dawn, awesome Mom instincts!! It's not an end of the world diagnosis, and soooooo much has changed since your Mom's days. I have a g/f who has an insulin pump and highly recommends it for kids especially. Instead of having to check herself with pin pricks and whatnot, the pump monitors her blood sugar constantly and adjusts as needed. If you want more info about it, she's awesome to talk to (fellow lampworker - Ghost Town Glass - Janine), let me know and I'll hook you two up. She says that the pump made her rebellious teen years much easier to deal with (diabetes wise). And if you need to vent/breakdown, whatever, feel free to do it here - we're here for you!! ((hugs))

Susie, insomnia SUCKS!!! Hope you find a little spurt of energy from somewhere today! :)

Andee, wow! Big conference planning is NOT easy!! Glad you survived it, and lucky you to get to hang out in an elevator with the dreamy CEO!!! Remember it's only cheating if you act on it! lol We miss you too, btw!!

Maggie, mmmmmmmm home made bread!!! Have fun!! Hope the itchy watery eyes thing is over and done with soon. Rest up!!

:wave: to all today. I'm going to head to the studio for a while today though I'm nearly out of silver (order coming next week, I hope!), so I'll work with what I have! :) I had a great chat with the gallery owner last night, she's quite happy with the turnout and results of the show and will definitely do it again. She also asked if I'd be interested in doing some live jewelry making demos in June for an event her business community is sponsoring - it's called 'Passport to Summer', involves 14 local small businesses and customers go from store to store, gathering 'stamps' in a little book they hand out. If the customer gets a certain number of stamps, they're entered in a drawing for a fancy vacation somewhere. Each store pitches in some money towards the trip, and it sure brought out lots of customers last year. Hopefully this year will be even better, and it will be fun to sit outside and make jewelry for a couple of days. I love an audience when I work! :) (I really do - weird huh?). Anyway, guess I better get cracking - need to shower, get dressed and start the day properly! Cheers!!

Andee
05-07-2010, 03:25 PM
Barrie, even if I did act on it it still wouldn't be cheating coz dev guy doesn't even know I exist! ;)

Barrie
05-07-2010, 04:08 PM
lol I know - so cheating isn't even an option, is it?!?!? I'd suggest sending him some suggestive pics, but then you'd just be 'crazy stalker girl' and that's not likely to go over well! LOL!

MadameKali
05-07-2010, 04:48 PM
Andee, congrats on the successfully completed conference! I think you should celebrate with one of those hunky coworkers of yours ;)

Fiona, can't wait to see pictures!

Maggie, the cinco de mayo feast was great. We just finished off the last of the tortillas today, which means I will need to make more soon. I didn't know you were going to take up crochet! It's fun times :D I need to finish my hat one of these days.

Barrie, that Passport to Summer sounds like fun! I hope you get some silver soon, can't have you running out of silver ;) What would we do without the fine eye candy?

claire.c
05-07-2010, 07:21 PM
Hi all,
So glad this week is over, it has been terribly busy. I got my work mostly finished, and have been at rehearsal this evening for our first run through of act 2. We had the pianist there so it was very different for the cast but they coped well. I had to stand in for the lead female as she was busy with her mother who has depression.

I'm hoping to get a bit of time to myself this weekend, and I desperately need to do housework, everywhere is in chaos again. Also need to buy a new watch, the strap on my old one broke and I can't find it anywhere. It's annoying but I have searched the bedroom and around the house so I must have dropped it in the street somewhere. I'm sure as soon as I get a new one it will turn up!

Barrie, you seem to be finding new venues and exposure all the time, soon you'll have to start picking and choosing. Do you have to talk through your demos?

Pam, sounds like you friend had some post natal depression there, hope this time is better for her. Hope the field trip was fun and not too cold and damp.

Dawn, so sorry to hear Cody's diagnosis, but good thing you acted and got him to the doctor. I hope the centre is helpful and encouraging, they must see loads of kids and parents in this situation.

Gladys, how are you getting on, are you fully healed now?

Maggie, good thing those allergies are reducing, you must have really needed that long sleep. Hope the weekend recharges your batteries. Making bread is pleasantly soothing, I will be doing my usual kind this weekend, may make some sweet dough too which can become chelsea buns or cinnamon rolls or lardy cake.

Susie, are the sales from your new website or is it not fully operational yet?

Andee, the nice boss must be your reward for working so hard this week, I hope it was appreciated. Just remember my mantra, you can only do what you can do, no point in trying to get everything done or they won't replace the missing people.

Fiona, for fringing do you take out threads to fray the ends long then tie them together?

Time I was heading to bed, too tired to think much more now.

MadameKali
05-07-2010, 08:51 PM
Nah, sales are from the Etsy site. ^_^

gbot
05-07-2010, 10:07 PM
Hello all, No, I'm not completely healed, but getting better. Hardly any twinges in the hip or incision area. I can even lay on the right side again, so all in all things are getting better. The only problem I'm having is that my left leg from the knee down swells during the day while I am at work. I even prop my leg up on a taller box than my foot rest. I have still been wearing my surgery hose to help keep the swelling down. We need to get a handle on this before short season starts because I am wearing sandles and my capri pants "without" hose!!!

Dawn, Hope things went well for you today.

I haven' responded much because I am trying to get the house ready, the kids are all coming home and we are painting the house the last weekend in May. I have alot of prep work here.

Happy Mothers Day everyone!!

Dawnt0721
05-07-2010, 10:17 PM
Hi everyone!

Thanks so much for the hugs and encouraging words. We had an exhaustive day learning about everything. Cody's sugar has come down nicely today and maybe even quicker than the doctor would like. We won the lottery and ended up with the clinical director as our doctor and our center down there is one of two of the largest research centers in the world. We met with him a couple of times, the nurse educator for a crash course in all things diabetes, a dietician, and a social worker.

Cody is handling the situation amazingly and even getting used to the shots and pokes. We are heading back down Wednesday for a follow-up visit. I'm feeling much better about everything. The diet isn't really restrictive, in fact, the only things he really shouldn't have are fruit juice, regular soda and regular syrup. Everything else can be had in proper servings and such.

He's feeling much better now and his distance vision should return within a couple of weeks.

We are really lucky in that our school nurse has a child with diabetes so we don't have to worry about "training" the school to take care of him.

So all is well in our world though we have some things to adjust to. We're all totally wiped out and looking forward to relaxing to a movie this evening. Will try to stop by tomorrow during work.

TheBlueBetween
05-08-2010, 12:26 AM
hi everyone - exhausted and putting the kid to bed soon. was planning on following him, but now must manage a tooth fairy visit, arg! Oh well.

Andee, you are hilarious - sweet dreams tonight! LOL

Dawn, sounds like a successful day and I'm so glad his eyes will return to normal too - that's fantastic.

xoxo to the rest of you - see you tomorrow!

Barrie
05-08-2010, 01:42 AM
Dawn, yay that his eyes will return to normal, that's a VERY good thing. I'm SO glad you got excellent care and that you don't have to train the school! Sounds like things will be just fine with a few adjustments. Whew!!

Pam, sweet dreams to you too - you had all that fresh seaside air today, no wonder you need to go to bed! :)

Gladys, yay that you're healing up!! That's great news. Rather frustrating about the swelling though - hopefully that's just a temporary glitch and things are back to normal before shorts/sandals season! Hope you're not overdoing for yourself with the prep work - no setbacks allowed! :) Sounds like it's going to be interesting at your house soon enough!!

:wave: nighty night all - sweet dreams! :) I'm heading off to read for a bit, then bed. I'm pretty darn tired myself! :) Cheers!