PDA

View Full Version : Hahns Bay, Lake Metigoshe

RPut
05-04-2010, 11:39 PM
This is a view we pass on our way to the cabin at the lake. I've been tinkering with this for a long time and I'm ready to be done with it. Is there anything I can do to tweak or finish this up? Anthing that doesn't work? There is a dock on the point, but not sure I want to put it in. It has the whole boat lift, cover, etc. If I did put one in, I would make it a simple old rickety wooden dock. Help would be appreciated!

Thanks!!!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-May-2010/117502-IMG_6301.JPG
22 x 24
Acrylic on Canvas

lilbelle
05-05-2010, 12:05 AM
Great sky and reflections Ruthie, wonderful work!

OkeeKat
05-05-2010, 01:50 AM
Ruthie, this is beautiful!! I love the folage and the reflections!!
Awesome work, especially the sky/clouds!!
Only thing I would offer is to add some white water/surface lines along the far left bank and here and there to show surface on the middle of the lake. Mostly on the outcroppings/points of land as the water goes around them.
would look cute with a little duckie along the edge of the lake on the bottom right in the water. but thats just an idea.. or a bird or two in the sky??
but I realy love it!!

arl
05-05-2010, 06:11 AM
Wonderful composition. I love the colours and the reflection.

JeanneCowan
05-05-2010, 09:07 AM
I love the stillness of the water....very nice!

RichDFischer
05-05-2010, 10:20 AM
Jeanne, beautiful painting! You have done a wonderful job on this. Just a note I have studied water reflections and have found that there is a simple rule: Brights reflect darker and darks reflect lighter. You've come very close to achieving this. I would also dd some white water/surface lines along the far left bank. Keep up the painting.

mollynix
05-05-2010, 11:10 AM
Ruthie!..this is absolutely gorgeous...can not see a thing you could do to make it any more perfect!

LavenderFrost
05-05-2010, 12:58 PM
Very nice, good work on the reflections! An old dock might be a nice touch, if you feel like it.

Kathryn Wilson
05-05-2010, 08:31 PM
On putting in the dock, ask yourself, would it add anything to the painting? What is your focal point? Do you want it to be about the red building or the beautiful reflection of the tree?

Just some thoughts for your consideration.

Lexycat
05-06-2010, 06:33 PM
I love the sky reflections - it has a very nice soft look overall.

RPut
05-06-2010, 08:30 PM
Thank you ALL so much! I appreciate your feedback!!! WC is the best!

ladypainter
05-07-2010, 08:37 AM
Lovely soft color and nice composition. I feel I would like to take my canoe up that river. Looks so tranquil . I can almost hear the frogs croaking and the fish jumping :thumbsup:

Gracie45
05-12-2010, 08:36 PM
Beautiful water.

George Servais
05-12-2010, 08:49 PM
Very, VERY nice work. Relaxing to view. There is just enough in this painting to make me smile and feel serene. Be careful adding much more. Maybe additions may kill the serenity and cause the viewer to start studying it instead of enjoying it. To me that clears up the mystery of when to stop. Very often less is more. Your heart told you what you wanted and you put it on the canvas. Is your heart satisfied? Is your soul serene? Then you are done.:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

RPut
05-12-2010, 11:44 PM
Oh, thank you all so much --again! I really appreciate the input.
Yes, it is done. I have decided not to add any more other than just a few tweaks. I agree, less is more. And my heart is satisfied!
I sometimes find it funny that I have so many quiet lake scenes on my walls! Must be cuz of the frenzy of my real job in a kindergarten room! LOL!
Thanks again! I thought this was old news!

noodle1
05-13-2010, 09:59 AM
Ruthie I thought I posted but don't see it..sorry girl...This is fantastic you are just acing everything you do, love it!!!

Elaine

clementine
05-14-2010, 05:42 PM
very lovely work Ruthie!very beautiful tones and reflections!!
clem

*dee*
05-14-2010, 07:16 PM
It must have gotten "shuffled down" originally...sorry I didn't see it sooner. :o

Its lovely & I'm glad you decided against the dock...I love it "as is"! :thumbsup:

purplepansey
05-14-2010, 09:21 PM
I like it a lot, lovely serene scene and the reflection of sky in water is so well done. I think it's time to sign it and hang it in a prominent place.