PDA

View Full Version : WIA Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Dawnt0721
05-04-2010, 01:23 PM
Just getting us started! I'm off to the school to chaperone the kids for lunch so the teachers can go to the Teacher Appreciation Luncheon. Man it's windy as he** here today...not looking forward to getting on the highway.

claire.c
05-04-2010, 01:48 PM
Hi all
David got back late last night, he had a good time but the crossing was rough. We had to go to a funeral today, sad to see how old people are getting - scary too, they are probably thinking the same about me. Work was busy as ever, got to do five days work in four this week due to the bank holiday.

Leon is very thrilled today because I ordered a parcel of toys for him which arrived. He has a new cow voice box for his backpack, a cockerel with an elastic neck which flies through the air and crows and a slide whistle (not for him to play but for his entertainment). He's a bit too excited by the cockerel so we can't leave it with him yet.

Dawn, what a lovely pair, you must be so proud of him. It's good to know he has more education and a career in mind, such a change from when he was close to dropping out.

I've got rehearsal again tonight so I'll pop in again later. Have a good day all of you.

TheBlueBetween
05-04-2010, 02:15 PM
Claire, LOL about Leon and his new toys, must be like Christmas over there! Sorry about your friend. I hate the aging thing...

Dawn, good luck with the kids and the wind. We had high winds all day yesterday. Your son and his date look great, love the matching flower - were you responsible for that? - did they have a good time?

Susie, I love your new haircut!! They show off your pretty eyes :)

Not much here, I got about 20 beads listed, have some jewelry to whip together (just pendants/simple necklaces/repairs/orders, nothing exciting) and then I go tour the homeschool resource center.

:wave: for now!

Barrie
05-04-2010, 02:21 PM
Good morning!
Claire, isn't it fun to watch the pups with new toys? He's a smart boy and probably won't take too long to learn to come to his new signal. Hope your rehearsal tonight is a good one!

Pam, can't blame Luke for being done with school. I had to remind Freya that there's only a month and a bit left. She's sick of it too. Great news about the missing bead!

Dawn, sounds like our wind from yesterday made it over to you today!! It's not windy here today, but we've had lots of rain and hail this morning. At least the lights aren't surging here (kept turning the one fish tank light off and on yesterday - drove me nuts! LOL). hope the highway isn't too bad for you with the wind and all.

Susie, LOVE the haircut! It's so cute!! It's wonderful to see your smiling face too! :)

:wave: to all today!! I managed to make a new pendant yesterday, still have to put the bezel on it and a bail, and then it's done. Whew! Kevin & Claire stopped by last night, and it's official. They're getting married on July 31 - what is with my kids and snap wedding decisions?!?!? He bought her a beautiful engagement ring yesterday (got a good deal, though I probably could have gotten him a better one, he is very impulsive about that kind fo thing). The ceremony will be held at her parent's neighbor's place (kind of like her Godparents), then the reception will be at a small hall nearby. Kev wants a pig roast (of course her does! :rolleyes: ), Claire's dad wants to pay for the open bar, and on and on and on!! Claire asked if I would go with her, her mom, and her bridesmaids to shop for a wedding gown (of course I will!), not this weekend, but the next one. I know everyone, so it will be a fun day for sure.

Well, I best get down to the studio and finish that pendant, might get a couple of other things done too. We shall see!! hope you all have a great day!! Cheers!

TheBlueBetween
05-04-2010, 02:28 PM
Oh Barrie, that's exciting!! Congrats!

MadameKali
05-04-2010, 05:13 PM
That is really exciting, Barrie!! Although, if you were my mom, I'd be sporting one of your rings ;)

BeadTowne
05-04-2010, 08:23 PM
Another quick hello. Not feeling well these last few days. Migraine, allergies along with itchy blurry eyes. No fun.

Dawnt0721
05-04-2010, 08:41 PM
HECK ya! A diamond spinner ring - booyah!