PDA

View Full Version : where is bouguereau???

JKOOPS
05-01-2010, 01:49 AM
hello in which galery are the work of this painter???:confused:

trafford
05-01-2010, 08:57 AM
Hi, jcoops. If you mean which museums and gallerys own or show Bougereau's work, artcyclopedia has a pretty good list http://www.artcyclopedia.com/artists/bouguereau_adolphe_william.html

He is a lovely artist, isn't he?

azulparsnip
05-01-2010, 08:07 PM
Hi JKoops - this is the current projects forum. We have projects we focus on in here. Perhaps the main classical forum is were you want to go.

brianvds
05-01-2010, 11:42 PM
If you want to see the very best reproductions of Bougereau's work on the web, you go to the site where he is considered a virtual god:

www.artrenewal.org

brianvds
05-01-2010, 11:43 PM
Hi JKoops - this is the current projects forum. We have projects we focus on in here. Perhaps the main classical forum is were you want to go.

We should perhaps run a Bougeureau project. I am already shuddering. Copying his work is easier said than done!

gakinme
05-02-2010, 03:11 PM
Agree, Brian. I think that would be a great one to follow. Lots of entwined naked bodies!!!:evil: :evil:

The problem would be to decide which medium and how big the piece should be. I always run out of room if I use pastels of any sort. Sigh.

brianvds
05-02-2010, 11:03 PM
Agree, Brian. I think that would be a great one to follow. Lots of entwined naked bodies!!!:evil: :evil:

The problem would be to decide which medium and how big the piece should be. I always run out of room if I use pastels of any sort. Sigh.

With these projects it is probably best to let everyone decide for themselves what medium to use. I have sort of taken a solemn vow (which no doubt I'll break within a week) that I will not touch colour again until I can draw to my own satisfaction. Thus my projects will be mostly in ballpoint pen and graphite pencil. I'm sure Bouguereau will be spinning in his grave when I'm done with him. :D

artbyjune
05-05-2010, 12:55 PM
I did a couple of not very good copies of Bouguereau's work in the miniatures project we ran ...must be a couple of years ago now!!

We could always do him as an artist of the month sometime.

azulparsnip
05-05-2010, 04:22 PM
Yes , copying Bouguereau would be fun

gakinme
05-09-2010, 05:10 PM
Why don't we just put the thread back up so we could see other previous members' work. Just change the title of the month and year? I need to draw naked bodies. Looking forward to it soon.

Persian Kitty
05-11-2010, 07:19 PM
Hi
I started a thread a while back but no one joined perhaps we could continue it together?

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8685256&posted=1#post8685256

InkyEss
05-20-2010, 10:40 AM
I did a couple of not very good copies of Bouguereau's work in the miniatures project we ran ...must be a couple of years ago now!!

We could always do him as an artist of the month sometime.

Sounds good to me. :thumbsup: I would certainly be interested in giving it a try.

artbyjune
06-02-2010, 12:42 PM
A project on Bougereau coming in June and July 2010. Keep a look out in the projects forum!