PDA

View Full Version : 'Rage'

gopalv
04-30-2010, 04:38 AM
Hi everyone, here's another one I completed recently. Again Acrylic on Canvas (36" x 24"), this painting was done entirely with a knife. Am a bit disappointed with how the painting looks now, since the colours seem to have dulled just a wee bit. Was quite surprised at that since I'd used Liquitex Heavy Body Paints for this painting and I've never had a similar problem with Liquitex before! Maybe its the colours I used?

Thank you all for looking and look forward to your comments! :)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Apr-2010/186341-P4155540.JPG

ladypainter
04-30-2010, 08:55 AM
The color on this piece doesnt look dull to me at all. Funny how we all see something different with an abstract. You call it "rage" The first word that came to mind for me was engulfed like engulfed in flames.:thumbsup: Nice work.

gopalv
04-30-2010, 09:32 AM
Glad you liked it! :) Actually Elinor, you are completely correct. I did do this piece with 'engulfed in flames' in mind. Thats how I see 'Rage'....

As to the paint dulling, believe me, the colours are actually a bit dull when compared to how it looked the day after I finished. Maybe its the matt varnish that did it... I may remove it and try Liquin or the Gloss Varnish. I hear they are good at 'revitalising' colours.

eeglug
04-30-2010, 10:03 AM
On my screen here at work (which is color calibrated), your painting is absolutely popping with energy. The colors are very vibrant. I can't help but see a head in the middle - we humans are predisposed to see human features in the abstract. Powerful work. :thumbsup:

gopalv
05-03-2010, 05:02 AM
Eeglug, thank you for looking and your comments. :) Yes, now that you mention it, I can see a head in the middle with its mouth open! Was definitely not the intended outcome but a nice by-product in this case.... :D

arl
05-03-2010, 06:11 AM
I like the vibrant colours and brush work.

gopalv
05-19-2010, 04:14 AM
Thank you Arl, glad you like it! :)

LittleBird1903
05-19-2010, 04:46 AM
Veena, I definitely don't see any dulling at all. In fact I loved how vibrant and powerful the colours are in this!

I can see a face in the middle of the painting, but I also get the sense of it being the personification of the fire, that the rage the fire embodies has become an entity in its own right.

I really like it :)