PDA

View Full Version : Artistnetwork.tv

carolyn2001
04-29-2010, 08:23 AM
Does anyone have experience with this site?

Yesterday I joined for the 3-month free trial via North Light Books's VIP program. I followed North Light's direction on how to use the promo code while checking out.

It doesn't work. There are no instructions on the Artistnetwork site as to how to register for the free trial. I then registered for the 6-month subscription using the promo code and it still does not work. Help!

I emailed them, I emailed North Light, no response yet.

It's a very vague website. I just ended up purchasing a 6-month subscip. to one workshop! So, that is a problem that will have to be dealt with.

I can't find a phone number on that site. I'll call North Light later but it's not their problem, really.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Carolyn

olliewood0702
04-29-2010, 08:32 AM
Carolyn,

I don't believe that you have to PAY for a subscription to this website. I have it saved in my favorites and visit it quite frequently.

This is the site I visit

http://forum.artistsnetwork.com/

Just what type of subscription are you trying to purchase?

I believe the same company who owns Northlight book club, also owns this website AND Wetcanvas. They also own Watercolor and American Artist Magazines I believe.

Someone hopefully will jump in and tell me if I'm wrong.

carolyn2001
04-29-2010, 09:43 AM
Darla, part of that whole network is what is called artistworkshop.tv. You can purchase individual workshops, a 6-month subscription, or, if you purchase a VIP program at North Light Books, it includes a 3-month FREE subscription to artistworkshop.tv.

I emailed and heard back from them a few minutes ago....problem solved with my accessing the workshops.

It seems to be a great deal. And, since I am more computer ILITERATE than I thought......Julie was able to help me twice with negotiating the whole process.

Carolyn

faith restored in the universe....:clap: :clap:

olliewood0702
04-29-2010, 10:28 AM
WHOOHOO, glad you got it figured out now Carolyn,

HAPPY PAINTING!! :D

Catwoman2
04-29-2010, 03:35 PM
Glad to hear everything worked out for you -- please let us know how you like the videos, as I've been considering a subscription, but am concerned about the clarity of the videos on my computer monitor. I have found that when I try to view videos in the full screen mode, the images are kind of fuzzy, yet I really need the large display so I can see all of the details.

Thanks!

Susan

carolyn2001
04-29-2010, 05:24 PM
Ya, even with my issues of being computer-challenged, I think they could be more explicit with the directions on their website. But, I have to give them credit for their excellant customer service (both NL Books and artistnetwork.tv). They answered my emails by 10 a.m.

I've watched part of two videos and I'm happy with the quality. I expand to full screen and it is clear enough for me.

I do wish they had more watercolor videos, though. There are some painters that I would just love to see and I know they have DVDs out.

I would recommend it. For the $49 you get the 3 months of unlimited video watching and either a year of Artist's Magazine or one book from a limited selection. Good deal.

Onward to watching and learning!
Carolyn :thumbsup: :clap:

gmarie
04-29-2010, 07:06 PM
So glad "all is well" Carolyn!
Thanks for your excellence in comment & communication.
Your information is much appreciated.
I've been "learning as I go" concerning the computer,
in order to enjoy the camaraderie here.

Shirl Parker
04-30-2010, 11:14 AM
Thank you for asking this question. I got a notice about this offer a while back and I was going to sign up for it, and then lost the link. Now I can do it.

Catwoman2
04-30-2010, 12:32 PM
I've watched part of two videos and I'm happy with the quality. I expand to full screen and it is clear enough for me.

Thanks, Carolyn!

Susan

pamshowcase
10-26-2010, 07:57 PM
I have a 6 month unlimited viewing subscription and am very pleased. I have learned a lot and being able to repeat lets you get details you may have missed, We travel in a motorhome and I get reception via air card with just minimal occasional short delays. I recommend highly, found I can shoot the computer screen for a printed reference,

nola276
10-28-2010, 05:01 AM
I would like to try this too, but unfortunately I don't have unlimited download option on by broadband, only 2 gig a month, so not much point. Nola.

mems
09-04-2012, 07:38 PM
Hello Everyone, I am really new to watercolor but trying to learn as much as I can and I'm so happy to be able to connect with Wet Canvas. You all are awesome and really helpful. Trying to learn more I went further a field and went to artistnetwork.tv and paid $56.98 for a beginners course with Jan Fabian Wallake. I have had a few problems with this web site. First one was with my log in. It was okay for awhile then quit. I sent an email to them and it did get straightened out. Now I have not been able to get on the the lessons I have paid for because it is always ....buffering. This has been going on for 3 days. Again I went to their customer service and I'm still waiting for a reply. If any of you are thinking of taking lessons from this site be ready for frustration. LIVE AND LEARN

4evrAutumn
09-05-2012, 01:52 AM
I have a 6 mo. watercolor subscription to artist network.tv. There are over 70 videos and I really have enjoyed most of them. But, I too have had the buffering issues. It is so frustrating! I have a high speed Internet connection and don't have these buffering issues with any other video sites, and I've read online of others having the same issues, so I'm pretty sure the problem is with artistnetwork video formatting. Sadly, I won't be renewing my subscription when it's up. Too bad because they really do have lots of great videos for a very good price.

mems
09-05-2012, 08:36 AM
Thanks for the reply, Diana. It really is a shame because they do have a lot to offer.

4evrAutumn
09-05-2012, 10:54 AM
Thanks for the reply, Diana. It really is a shame because they do have a lot to offer.

You're very welcome. I feel your pain. :crying:

There are two other sites I really enjoy watching and learning from their videos. I hope it's ok to post the names. The first is fairly new called Art Tutor. It was started by Bob Davies and other artists. It has a small monthly fee or one can subscribe for a longer time period. Joanne Boon Thomas who used to post here is a regular, as is Sian Dudley amd her hubby. Love their videos! :clap:

The other site is The Painting and Drawing Channel. It is free and has a dozen or more videos every week. I'm a big Geoff Kersey fan so am very happy to see his videos on there.

Hope this helps other noobies like me. :cat:

Irishman
09-05-2012, 01:27 PM
I signed up a few months ago for the free 4 day trial.From the beginning the buffering and dropped content was a problem.When I approached them, I was told it wasn't their product,it was my broadband service.Although I knew that this was most unlikely,I checked and of course there was nothing wrong with my broadband which was and is high speed with large capacity.When I put this to them they said that it had to be my computer.Again I knew it wasn't that but checked.Of course it wasn't my computer.As the technician said in one of those moments of disbelieve,if you can access other video content downloads and not this, well there's your answer ! On returning to artistnetwork.tv, it was a case of "too bad, we never had that before" and it was all cancelled.As has been said, great content but no use if one can't access it although I know that many can

downriver
09-05-2012, 04:11 PM
I also had problems with the site. I emailed and ask for system requirements; I gave them the error message I was receiving; I ask for their tech people.

In one reply she described what the download speed was on her home computer ( not the system requirements to be able to view)

I argued that the errors messages indicated that problem was on thier end, not mine. I work at home, remotely, very successfully, large files, video testomony, no problem.

I ask for a refund.

I've never seen any organization that didn't try to assist you, and help you access their system. They never would describe or provide information on the requirements should be to unable you to successfully view the videos.

mems
09-06-2012, 11:20 AM
Thanks everyone for the input. Being new to something I tend to blame myself if something doesn't go right. Now I see the fault is with the site. In 5 days I've never gotten further into a video than 4 minutes and I still have not gotten a response from Artistnetwork's customer service.

Diana, the only time I have ever sent a fan letter, er rather a fan PM, was to Joann Boon Thomas when I saw her work here on WC. I love her work and have purchased her DVD, "Expressive Watercolor Florals" through Art Tutor. I, also, bought Bob Davies DVD. In my little corner of the world there aren't many oppertunities to take painting lessons. We spend 2 months during the winter in Florida and I take a 6 week course at a local high school. Watercolor is much more popular in Florida then it is up here in the north.

Take care all and happy painting. Marian

jenniferlepore
09-07-2012, 09:00 AM
Hi All, mems brought this thread to my attention and I sure appreciate it as I want to be aware of any issues you are experiencing on ArtistsNetwork.tv so that I can help remedy.

Please feel free to email me here, or post any problems in the ArtistsNetwork.tv partner forum. I am not sure if the above issues are still in effect, but I'd like to assist.

For those wondering about our system requirements, here you go (you can find these and answers to other questions on the site on the How It Works page):
**In order to have a satisfactory viewing experience with the 40+ minute video workshops offered at ArtistsNetwork.tv you'll need to have a high-speed internet connection: typically Cable, high-speed DSL or satellite dish.

Most end user access problems are due to connectivity issues on the user side. Even on a high-speed connection, a CPU or RAM resource issue on the client system can cause issues or slowdowns. We have found that one thing a user might try is to clear their browser cache, check their system resources, and/or reboot if need be.

We also often direct people to http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/. This site performs a speed test of the user system, and sometimes reveals a connectivity issue (for example, if a shared cable line becomes bogged down, etc).

Thanks so much for your interest in ArtistsNetwork.tv. Please be assured we are here to help.

All best,
Jennifer

4evrAutumn
09-07-2012, 12:29 PM
Jennifer, thank you for taking the time to respond to some of our concerns. I appreciate your efforts.

Speaking for myself, I have done all that you suggested, and more. I have high speed Internet access with Verizon AND AT&T. Speed tests are more than adequate, and as I stated in my previous post, I have zero problems watching videos from other sites on my desktop Mac, MacBook, iPhone and new iPad. In fact, the 4G LTE is blazing fast on my new iPad except when I try watching the videos on artist network, which claims to support viewing on the ipad. So please do not continue to insist the problem is on my end. It is not. :)

As for system requirements, what is being asked is the home computer systems that artist network supports, i.e., Mac 10.7, Windows 7, etc. , not what internet connection they need. I know I've seen it on the site before but it seems others are having difficulty finding this info. A link to this info would be helpful.

Personally, I think artist network has a lot to offer but it needs to spend some money and switch to the newer video formats. Otherwise it will continue to lose money from dissatisfied customers, like myself, who will not renew their subscriptions.

Irishman
09-07-2012, 01:04 PM
I must say Jennifer that this answer is the stock answer given to me by your colleague when I had the exact same troubles as those mentioned above i.e. dropped content or continual buffering.Although I obviously cannot talk for other people, as I have said to your colleague at the time,and as I have said above,there was and is nothing, absolutely nothing wrong with my broadband service nor indeed my computer.In fact my download speed is more than capable and there are also certainly no issues with CPU or RAM on my 10.7 Mac with 12GB computer.I know all this because I had both my broadband service provider and Apple's technicians working on trying to resolve an issue with Artistsnetwork.tv that in the end, as we all suspected, had nothing to do with either connection or computer.
Furthermore,as has been mentioned by Diana,I can consistently access and download other very large files with absolutely no difficulty and this was highlighted when I had the embarrassing moment when the Apple support team say " so you can satisfactorily download every other type of video content including Youtube and you only have problems with Artistsnetwork.tv,and you think that this is your computer's problem how exactly" It was also my luck and foresight that I have a prepaid support package and wasn't paying at the time for all the work they were doing chasing a dead end! Furthermore,when I accessed Artistsnetwork.tv and tried to download a video and failed,on opening another window,I could not access Youtube and please remember,I still wasn't downloading any data as the effort to do so at Artistsnetwork had and was failing so it couldn't have been download capacity.In fact I can keep two,three and four channels on Youtube working simultaneously in the same number of windows without any problem..
So I also take grave exception to this ongoing argument from you and your colleagues that it is somehow my computer, my broadband, or whatever it is that you choose to blame when it is clearly not and it is absolutely an amazement to me that your company continue to insist on this whilst at the same time, failing to stop and wonder that maybe it is your set up which has the problem.I would echo what Diana says and say that definitely there is great content which I really really wanted to access but whatever way Artistsnetwork.tv is set up it clearly doesn't consistently work.

SSB
09-08-2012, 01:05 AM
Wow, this is a revealing thread. I was worried about vid quality as all the previews are super low quality. The buffering was unexpected, that usually occurs with HD files.

I FEEL THE ARTISTS ON THIS NETWORK DESERVE A BETTER HOST FOR THEIR EFFORTS.

We were going to sign up but how can we now? Particularly when the rep actually shows up and regurgitates some "wasn't me" jazz. Hey, did those of you who cancelled get a refund? I might still give it a shot if so, maybe I will get lucky and not have problems like one or two other posters in the thread.

Yorky
09-08-2012, 02:25 AM
I have subscribed to ANTV for a couple of years now, and have been very satisfied with the quality. However of late i lost two videos whilst watching and experienced bufferring. There is no way of restarting the feed from where it is interrrupted. I have a fast 10Mb/s connection but i can't rewatch 45 minutes of video to pick up wher it stopped with the possibility that it will stop again.

Maybe this is a function of the success of the site?

The trouble started when the workshop subscriptions started.

I agree better servers are required to restore the service or I won't be continuing my subscription.

Doug

downriver
09-09-2012, 10:40 PM
I just want to echo that this is the same canned response that I received from them over the course of a week.

You can't help but resent the insult that it's us, the customer who doesn't understand. But they certainly can't provide information, or recognize that there is an issue. Afterall some of us are very computer savy.

Yorky
09-10-2012, 02:06 AM
Exactly! We are at fault :evil:

I can stream Netflix mov.ies etc with no problem, why not ANTV?

I pm'd Jennifer and received no reply.

Doug

jenniferlepore
09-10-2012, 09:37 AM
Hi Doug,
I was out of the office on Friday and was away from a computer all weekend. Your message from Saturday just came through to me this morning.

I appreciate all the feedback here and will look into this further. This is exactly what I needed to help us pursue the issues you are experiencing. The more details on what you experience when you use the site, and how you are accessing the site, the better, so please keep the pms coming with your specific details. Since everyone uses different computers and methods of access, the details of your specific situation is much appreciated.

All best,
Jennifer

Yorky
09-10-2012, 10:14 AM
Sorry Jennifer. When I emailed before all I got was the usual response - check your browser, low broadband speed etc. My browser is fine, I get 10Mb/s reliably and have no problem streaming HD video from other sites.

One problem is if it stops I can't pick up from where it stopped and I don't have time to start and watch the whole thing again. I think if this could be attended to it would save a lot of the angst.

Doug

downriver
09-12-2012, 03:52 PM
I found one of the many email streams on the other computer written as I tried to resolve this issue with Artistnetwork. And yes, I know I was sounding very exaspertated towards the end. This had gone on for several days. I'm hoping this cut and paste doesn't scramble to bad when posted, but I think you'll get the idea.

Sent: Sunday
To:'[email protected]'
Subject: Order Number

Pleasecancel this subscription and refund my card. Please seebelow, attached correspondence. It doesn’t look as if this will beresolved.
Order Number
XXXX
Customer number XXX
Regards,

To: 'Artists NetworkService'
Subject: RE: video subscription-watercolor medium

Please find my questions/comments to your latest reply to myquestion in red. Do you have some IT people on staff? Theyneed to address this.

From: Artists Network Service [mailto:[email protected] ([email protected])]
Sent: Thursday,
To
Subject: RE: videosubscription-watercolor medium

You have access to the watercolor video workshops 24/7 for 6 monthfrom 5/14/12 – 11/14/12 which stream to you via computer/internet access (youcannot save).

Yes, I understand this, it’s not my question. See my questionbelow. This doesn’t answer it. Can I back up and rewatch anyportion of any video?? Even if we have a slow connection issue, I have usuallybeen able to allow a video it to stream ahead while I do other things, when I have time to sit down and watch, back it up (or hitreplay). I can on other video services which I subscribe. It’s not outof the ordinary.

Unfortunately I’m not familiar with the error message you received (Theerror message indicates that it is from your system. The pop-up dialogue boxsays: “Message from the web page” --.strobemediapalyback.triggerHandler ) In the screen area it says “We are unableto connect to the network. We apologize for the inconvenience.” This hashappened at the beginning, it has happened in the middle, it has happened whenthey have streamed 85%. Google the message, you will find it indicatesthat it is part of the adobe flash system you are using for the videos.

and I wonder if your ISP in Alaska would be able to confirm thespeed of service you subscribe to. I know what speed ofservice I have with my service provider. My question was asking you toclarify what speed is required to watch the videos in your service. Do you knowwhat the requirements are? See my questions below.

My download speed is 14.84 mbps and upload speed is 5.66 mbps.

And I need to know this because?????

To: Artists NetworkService
Subject: RE: video subscription

Wait a minute, are you saying that I can’t leave the computer to“buffer” the whole the video in to the little window so I can back it up,start it over and watch it? I’m not trying to save it only watch it in atime effective manner. It takes me 20+ minutes to download 7-10 minutes. Your website isn’t very clear as to what speed isneeded to operate your system, it only sends you to a website to measurethe speed. Can you clarify?

Also what does the constant error message mean?--.strobemediapalyback.triggerHandler” It pops up even as I try towatch a video.

From: Artists Network Service [mailto:[email protected] ([email protected])]
Sent: Wednesday,
To: Subject: RE:video subscription

Here, from How it Works:

Can I download these video workshops?
No. ArtistsNetwork.tv insteadallows you to view videos online from any high-speed internet connection. Ifyou would like to download one of our art workshop videos, or to buy them onDVD simply click here to visit NorthLightShop.com (http://www.northlightshop.com/art-dvds?lid=atvbsp).

If I can assist further, please let me know.
Julie

Yorky
09-12-2012, 04:21 PM
Exasperating isn't it? :mad:

Doug

WthrLady
09-12-2012, 04:31 PM
I cancelled my subscription a couple months ago. Same problems. Same answers.

charliez
09-12-2012, 05:11 PM
There used to be another dot TV service where you can pay for individual workshops but I cannot find it anywhere.... does anybody knows what I am
talking about?

Irishman
09-13-2012, 03:04 AM
The lady that corresponded with 'downriver' is the same lady who I was in touch with over the course of a number of emails and who eventually told me, and I quote

That's very strange to hear as this is the first time anything like this has been reported to us. At this point, there isn't much else we can do as we're at a loss as well, sorry. You can login to your 'MY ACCOUNT' to cancel the auto-renew billing so that your credit card will not be charged beyond the 4 day trial.

Regards,
Julie

Based on what is now unfolding, it either wasn't the first time someone had reported this type of fault or else nothing has been done about it since the reports have been made as it is still happening.

Julie says above

"The more details on what you experience when you use the site, and how you are accessing the site, the better..." which seems a strange thing to say when one considers that one pays one's money with reasonable expectation of a standard of service and not to end up advising ANTV on how they're doing?Haven't they any technicians and surely by now, the problem should have been addressed?

Not wanting to muddy the waters on this issue,I have refrained from bringing to light another experience I have since had with a fellow company of ANTV,that is Northlight Books.Having noted that they were going to charge me $35 to post a DVD to Ireland(which is scandalous when one considers the average charge is $12 !) I tried to establish some facts about having the DVD posted to a U.S. address and it ended up like trying to play handball against a haystack.It became so drawn out and convoluted that the friend who was visiting the U.S. came home and I still never got to the bottom of it.Julie's replies to me were of the same nature as above i.e. ' we want to hear all about how we can make this a better service and we are doing all we can to help you' whilst at the same time nothing actually ever got sorted.But in fact on two previous occasions I had written to Northlight on different matters and never got a reply and only got whatever little attention I did eventually get regarding the DVD i.e. a reply, when I addressed the issue directly here on the Northlight link.
Having been in customer service all my working life,I am very reluctant to criticise anyone or company providing a service to the public but I have to say that whoever the umbrella company holding both ANTV and Northlight is,it is the worst I have ever dealt with and that is saying something.
There is no greater sin in customer service that to undermine the customer by implying or insinuating that it is they that are a fault when there is clear evidence that they are not.

downriver
09-17-2012, 02:51 PM
I thought I'd make one more effort, by pushing this back to the top of the list. I think the plan is to ignore this till it goes away.

First here we are on wetcanvas. com, which is marketed and rewarded as one of the top internet forums. http://www.wetcanvas.com/MediaKit/
Big money and access in the advertising world.

Second, look at this page: http://www.wetcanvas.com/tos/team.php
Note, at the bottom the affilation with F&W media, our kind WC forum hosts.

Third, look here: http://www.northlightshop.com/ and here: http://artistsnetwork.tv/

Notice the same ties to F&W ???

Don't you wonder if the gals running the division at Northernlights & Artistnetwork TV are just hoping this goes away and they don't have to admit
the management failure at providing customer service?

Do we look internet savy now?

jenniferlepore
09-17-2012, 03:28 PM
Hi there,
Oh, not at all downriver...I look forward to helping, just haven't received any messages. If anyone has issues with ArtistsNetwork.tv, please go ahead and message me the details of your problem. I'll need to know your specific issue before I can help.

Please send me a message with your email address, the videos at issue, your computer and browser used, and we'll go from there.

Thanks much,
Jennifer

Yorky
09-17-2012, 03:34 PM
I think most of the problems have been mentioned in this thread Jennifer. I have up to date Windows 7, Firefox 15.0.1 and my Adobe Flash is on automatic update. I still get the video freezing part way through and resuming from the start which is very annoying. I haven't managed to see the end of the last two watercolour videos I have started watching.

Doug

jenniferlepore
09-17-2012, 03:41 PM
Thanks Yorky,
Unfortunately, not everyones problems stem from the same issues, so in order to help each person, I'll need to know the email and name of the person, their computer used, the browser used, the videos watched and any other details that could help.

I apologize for any extra work, but I need to handle each issue on a case by case basis and may need to involve others, hence the need for the person's name and email address and asking for the message versus the forum.

Thanks much,
Jennifer

Yorky
09-17-2012, 03:45 PM
Jennifer, you have email from members blocked in your profile so we can't send emails via wetcanvas.

Doug

jenniferlepore
09-17-2012, 03:48 PM
Sorry for the confusion.
Please go ahead and use the message system here on WetCanvas.
Thanks much,
Jennifer

Irishman
09-18-2012, 05:16 AM
Firstly,let me apologise to Jennifer,Julie and others for any confusion I have caused by mixing up the names of the two people who I have dealt with regards this matter.Julie is the lady in ANTV who I dealt with by email at the time, and Jennifer,answering here is the lady who I dealt with regarding the DVD issue.

Now that that is out of the way, let us look more closely at this whole issue.

Firstly, in my case,having been in contact with Julie in ANTV/Northlight/F+W Media, all the information pertinent to my case,is already in the possession of your operation Jennifer, and so why you need me to submit it again is beyond me.If you had bothered to contact Julie, you would see that I had all the same issues as mentioned above both on a Safari and Firefox browsers.Julie does work with you? You can contact her?

Secondly,whilst not a qualified computer technician,it seems to me that certain things are clear.If the system/process was working perfectly at one stage,as Doug has said it was, and then ceased performing adequately,then it hardly has anything to do with a person's email address?? If people from different parts of the world are having problems, the same problems, and you Jennifer know this,then again it is most unlikely that the email address has anything to do with it, so why you are asking for our email addresses,again is a mystery.Similarly had you checked with Julie,you would have seen that in my case,the transmission/download was working perfectly and then ceased to, and that it was clear that traffic on the broadband had nothing to do with it, as the information had,for a short while, been transmitted perfectly in what was the busiest time here in Ireland.Strangely it ceased working at the busiest time in the U.S.

Thirdly, if you had or have a real will to at least begin to address this issue,all you had to do was click on my name,go to profile and write to me asking for the information you say you need.The same applies to 'downriver', 'Yorky' and everyone else.But for me, this has the same pattern as when I tried to get your help on the DVD matter and you wrote to me via the messaging system,asking me to give you my email address,so that you could pass it on to whoever,so that they in turn, could contact me.Why didn't the colleague just simply click on my name and write to me?After all,he had previously visited the site to reply to another query on the ANTV link at the bottom of the pages so he knew where I was??? Similarly as I have said,if you need information to help solve this,then just ask via mail.

Doug has also said quite rightly,that all the information you say you need(with the exception of email address) is already here on this thread.So again why you are asking us to write to you ......??? Any other info is available by writing to us.However,to make life easy and doing your work for you,I operate a Mac Mid 2011,2.7GHz,latest version of Lion operating system with 12GB RAM.I use Safari 6.0 but tried to download your videos on both it and Firefox,both equally unsuccessfully.If you want the email address under which I registered, just write.

As I have said before, I am very loth to give anyone in customer service a hard time, but on this occasion,I would agree with 'downriver' and say that,for me, I can see absolutely no evidence of any real effort or will to resolve these problems and it seems that it would suit you and your colleagues, if this thread were to fade into the past.All these requests for information would seem to be nothing more than delaying tactics in the hope that this issue "will go away" and you can continue to take money from people under what I would see are false pretence.It might be better for you to just say that you can't or won't fix this and let us all know where we stand because it has been ongoing now for some time and there has been no resolve.Obviously F+W Media are doing just fine anyway and it is not a priority.

For me, between unanswered mails to Northlight, immoral postage charges and this pathetic service in the video download department, it will take some miracle for me to do business with F+W Media again.After all…a fool and his money easy parted.

Finally Jennifer, may I respectfully suggest that you heed your own byline and remember that nothing is a waste of time but only if you use the experience wisely.

jenniferlepore
09-18-2012, 10:25 AM
I apologize that you are not receiving the service you expect, Larry.
Please message me with the details of your specific ATV issues. I'll need your email address should I need to forward your questions to another outside person for followup. I'll also need the videos you have had trouble streaming (please list them) and that should do it since you've included your operating system here.

You also mention that you are having trouble with downloads? Are these something you purchased through NorthLightShop.com? I can always pass your message regarding DVDs and downloads, or other NorthLightShop.com products, along to customer service, so if you let me know your email then they can get back to you. Please include the specific products that you are having trouble viewing.

Yorky messaged me with the details of his specific problems and we are looking into those with help from our ATV programming team now.

All best,
Jennifer

janinco
09-18-2012, 10:59 AM
Carlos, I have a subscription right now to ArtClick.tv. I really liked ArtistsNetwork.tv but also had some issues with customer service.

Jan

jenniferlepore
09-18-2012, 03:45 PM
Hi All,
First off, thanks so much to "mems" for bringing this thread to my attention.

Doug and Larry sent messages with their specific viewing issues, and as a result, we are working on some improvements to our video player that will hopefully address many of the problems that you all have experienced (re buffering or stopping videos or other video player issues).

We have many thousands of users on the site on a daily basis and please be assured that problems like this are definitely more "the exception" as opposed to "the rule." Please feel free to message me with questions or concerns; we want to know about and help with any issues with the site.

We expect a new and improved player to be deployed on the site soon (before the end of this year). We'll make an announcement about it when we do, because the improved player should help everyone have a better experience under a variety of different connection types whose connection speeds can vary depending on a wide array of issues (Wi-Fi, mobile, DSL, etc.).

All best,
Jennifer

Yorky
09-18-2012, 03:51 PM
Thanks for responding to our concerns Jennifer.

Doug

SSB
09-20-2012, 01:56 AM
This is, EPIC ( having become an overused word, it is nonetheless totally appropriate here)! Brazen. I love how the "Manager" kept trying to keep herself (and I guess everyone else?) focused on what the correct way for people to send "issues" to her was, as if those issues hadn't been super clearly stated. The issues were clearly stated, obviously- SO obviously right here in the thread.

Takes five minutes to read. It no doubt took longer to come up with the chummy response to the "mems" than it did to read the thread. Lots of nerve to pretend like everyone isn't having the exact same issue. I would be grateful they are complaining here and not somewhere else, actually. You should recognize your failure here, in order to grow as a manager. People are uninterested in canned disclaimer blanket statements, and have become aware that their concerns aren't being acknowledged properly, if at all.

At a guess it seems like the problem stems from the program that prevents people from building any buffer so they can actually achieve playback. In trying to prevent the pirating of the videos you might be preventing the playing of the videos. Or maybe it is that there hasn't been sufficient money put into hosting. Maybe, who knows? No matter what the issue is, which seems to NOT be what the rep is trying to face, this really is about the worst customer service I have seen in years. I can't think of worse, but I want to give her the benefit of the doubt.... She ought to try that with the customers. It's only obvious.

I hope there will be a change for the better. This has been fascinating and depressing to observe, I know I would be unlikely to be as tolerant as you all have to being brushed off so many times. Kudos to the "mems" for being more professional than the company. I wish we still lived in a world where people were held more to task for providing a bunch of obfuscation and runaround in place of providing a service and following it up with customer service. Perhaps we never have?

PS: I would like to see the user agreement. I wonder if they dedicate all of the "resources" used in the "interactions" with the users' computers SOLEY to providing playback.

PPS: Because of the artists and in spite of the obvious disdain and/ or lack of concern for customer service, I will still be waiting to hear if there are improvements so I can see what I am sure must be fantastic and informative video tutorials! I love many of the artists featured in the videos!

Irishman
09-20-2012, 04:58 AM
With what I have experienced so far,I myself would struggle to believe anything anyone from F+W Media would say now for all the reasons given already but I will wait and see.With all the much vaunted changes being mentioned,there was no mention of the part our email addresses played or will play???

I do have the suspicion that if this 'new and improved player' is coming,it is because it is needed and that certainly wasn't decided on since this thread started,so there was probably an awareness of the issue before, but nothing was done about it hoping that no one would complain and subscriptions would be continued to paid.If the problems with the service were not known before now,is it only just the three or four here that have experienced this problem? If so,has the argument now changed from " we have never had anyone complain of this before" to " we are installing all this new gear and make these changes" based solely on what has been said here?

Finally,as a Safari 6.0 browser user,it would appear that the systems on WC are not up dated enough to allow me to upload images.I have written many weeks ago to Sarah who is the lead administrator on behalf of F+W Media, about this.Since then,there has been no change or improvement. I cannot really 'complain' about this as WC is a free site and in my case I have Firefox and can use it, but have I received the courtesy or manners of a reply? Not at all !
Is there a familiar pattern here?

Yorky
09-20-2012, 07:55 AM
On the subject of uploading from Safari, Larry, Firefox would seem to be the answer but in Safari if you change the file extension to .jpeg instead of .jpg it appears to work. See Site Discussions.

Doug

jenniferlepore
09-20-2012, 11:33 AM
Hi All,
We have been working to improve the ArtistsNetwork.tv player with every change in technology; earlier this year, reworking all the video files so they are now compatible on hand-held viewing devices as well as computers.

The help from Larry and Doug (and others not on this thread) for sending the specifics of their issues, has indeed attached additional importance to our player evolution. I am glad to have the extra push in this direction. Feedback from the subscribers to ArtistsNetwork.tv is what helps ATV evolve and I thank you for providing that here.

All best,
Jennifer

Irishman
09-20-2012, 02:07 PM
thanks Doug

soultosoul
10-18-2012, 11:56 PM
Just curious. It's been a month since the last post. Have any of the issues presented been resolved? Such as the buffering, vids starting and stopping, etc.

Also, someone mentioned trying to view on an ipad. I know I tried to view a preview, maybe in the spring sometime, and I couldn't because an ipad wasn't supported. Has this been addressed?

I've looked into a subscription here and felt it would be a great learning resource, however, not until these issues have been resolved. I have enough aggravation without adding in more.

-Michael

Yorky
10-19-2012, 03:06 AM
I'm afraid not for me, I have given up on antv. Unless things change I won't be renewing my subscription.

Doug

soultosoul
10-19-2012, 09:12 PM
Bummer. Guess I'll check back every now and then and see if they get around to fixing it.

Thanks

WthrLady
11-04-2012, 10:16 AM
Cancelled my account as well.

Sharon'sArt
11-07-2012, 03:17 PM
I joined Artistnetwork.tv about a month ago and I must say the buffering issues are so painful. I have high speed cable internet and upload and download very big files on a regular basis and have no problem. I've done speed test and my download speed is 19.13mps, but the videos from my subscription just do not play for more than 4-5 minutes at a time without buffering. I love the content, but this is not working. I emailed and received no response after 3 days.

Hi All,
We have been working to improve the ArtistsNetwork.tv player with every change in technology; earlier this year, reworking all the video files so they are now compatible on hand-held viewing devices as well as computers.

The help from Larry and Doug (and others not on this thread) for sending the specifics of their issues, has indeed attached additional importance to our player evolution. I am glad to have the extra push in this direction. Feedback from the subscribers to ArtistsNetwork.tv is what helps ATV evolve and I thank you for providing that here.

All best,
Jennifer

JulieDFW
11-07-2012, 05:25 PM
Hello All~ Thank you for your comments as they help us to improve the service we provide. Please note that we are diligently addressing the buffering issues regarding Artistsnetwork.tv video workshops.

We expect a new and improved player to be deployed on the site soon (before the end of this year, if not sooner). We'll make an announcement about it when we do as the improved player should help everyone have a better experience under a variety of different connection types whose connection speeds can vary depending on a wide array of issues (Wi-Fi, mobile, DSL, etc.).

We appreciate your patience while we resolve these issues.
Regards,
Julie

jenniferlepore
11-09-2012, 11:18 AM
Hi All,
Thanks for your continued feedback. We reconfigured the ArtistsNetwork.tv video player yesterday afternoon to help eliminate the buffering issues you've reported. Please let us know how it works for you.

If you are having technical issues, please let us know the videos at issue, your computer system, and browser used.

Please note that we are continuing to develop new player technology to allow for additional customization.

All best,
Jennifer

Yorky
11-09-2012, 12:11 PM
OK I'll give it a try before my subscription elapses.

Doug

Yorky
11-09-2012, 01:59 PM
Well, I just watched the Ann Abgott shadows video without a single buffering episode. :clap:

Hope that works for all videos.

Doug

jenniferlepore
11-09-2012, 02:11 PM
So glad to hear this!
Keep us posted and thanks again for all your help.

All best,
Jennifer

Yorky
11-09-2012, 02:26 PM
I spoke too soon- I started watching the Lian Quan Zehn Barn video and it started bufferring at 4 minutes 11 sec and is still buffering. I'll let you know when it restarts, still buffering!

OK It bufferred a good 5 minutes before resuming.

Doug

jenniferlepore
11-09-2012, 02:29 PM
Oh dear! I specifically tested that one myself this morning and all was well.
Thanks for the update, I will pass this along to the team.
All best,
Jennifer

Yorky
11-09-2012, 03:23 PM
OK it resumed and played to the end. Incidentally I can't get the slider to work, it seems to want to load the whole video from the start.

Doug

JulieDFW
11-09-2012, 03:26 PM
Thanks for the update Doug. I was able to play the video as well without issues.

Happy painting,
Julie

Cariboo Bill
12-06-2012, 11:56 PM
I've just tried again, Dec 6, and thought I would pull up the Birgit O'Connar since it is the latest produced and might be the most efficient. Yes it is better, instead of buffering for 2 or 3 minutes at a time and then playing for about 2 minutes this one is buffering for 30 seconds, playing for a minute, buffering -- playing but it is almost fast enough that you can listen if you are stubborn.

How are people finding their downloads now?
Bill

jenniferlepore
12-07-2012, 10:04 AM
Thanks for checking in Bill. I am sorry to hear that you are still experiencing some buffering. I haven't had troubles on my end, but would like to know how others are faring as well. If you could send myself or Julie Dillon a pm here with your email, Julie or one of her staff will be able to contact you directly for followup.
All best,
Jennifer

Cariboo Bill
01-31-2013, 10:26 AM
OK it is now Jan 31 and I have purchased 3 new computers (a lap top, a touch screen main computer and a new Ipad) none of them are able to run any of videos without significant buffering, still the 30 seconds of info and then up to 2 minutes of buffering. This does not happen with other video sites. I have tried the lap top in a wide variety of wireless situation and not just my home setup, no luck.

My yearly subscription comes up in mid February and at the moment I see no reason to continue, the videos are terrific but the delivery is the pits.
Bill

Yorky
01-31-2013, 10:54 AM
That's why I cancelled my subscription Bill.

Doug

Yorky
03-31-2013, 05:10 PM
It's only fair to report that after watching a trial video I re-subscribed and the videos seem to be streaming OK so far without the constant buffering I was getting previously.

I don't know what was done at the antv end but it seems to work. :crossfingers:

Doug

jenniferlepore
04-01-2013, 09:55 AM
Thanks for letting us know, Doug! I am glad to hear this. All best, Jennifer

pamshowcase
04-17-2013, 11:48 AM
I have a lot of difficulty with buffering also. And I have no luck with the slider, it goes from beginning straight through or stops and then you have to go back to the very beginning.
I also have a request that you improve the SORT capabilities for those who have subscribed to all videos.
Thank you, Pam

jenniferlepore
04-17-2013, 12:16 PM
Hi Pam!
So sorry to hear that you are having buffering issues.
If you'd like to send me your email I can have customer service contact you asap.

Or, you can contact them direct here: [email protected]

Customer service can work with you on this issue; talking with them direct will help us with our site improvements as each user has their own computer settings, videos they are watching, etc.

Thanks so much for writing.
All best,
Jennifer

Yorky
04-27-2013, 12:38 PM
Sadly I am getting prolonged periods of buffering in the videos again. The only way I can tolerate this is to minimise the window while it is buffering and get on with something else.

Very disappointing.

Doug

jenniferlepore
04-29-2013, 09:40 AM
Hi Doug,
Very interesting. Sounds like it may be a connectivity issue if you get buffering sometimes, and not other times. I'll contact the team and let them know, but please be sure to also direct your comments to customer service here so we can track the issues: [email protected]

All best,
Jennifer

Yorky
04-29-2013, 11:38 AM
OK Jennifer, but I have no problem with other streaming sites such as Netflix, YouTube etc.

Doug