PDA

View Full Version : Celebrating our New Forum thread

JamieWG
04-26-2010, 02:14 PM
Yay!!!! Just want to say a big thank you to Yorky and the WC Admins for this brand new forum! I'm off to deliver paintings to a show, but will be sure to check in when I get back!

A toast to the new forum.....Cheers, all! http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Apr-2010/13766-cheers.gif

Jamie

wabbitt
04-26-2010, 02:48 PM
Oooo, yay! I just saw the announcement in the poll thread. :clap: :clap:

Thank you, Jamie & Doug, for your efforts to start this new forum. And thank you, WC Admins for making it happen.

Mariette Deveau
04-26-2010, 04:41 PM
Looking forward to viewing the different journals and techniques.
Who knows, it might motivate me someday to start some of my own... when I have more time to dedicate to them.
In the meantime, I'll enjoy lurking and learning.

Cheers!

~M

NHyde
04-26-2010, 07:45 PM
Very cool! I'll definitely check in here often and who knows, maybe even post. Good job on creating the forum and good job to Jamie who championed it. :clap:

JamieWG
04-26-2010, 08:04 PM
Sooooo, who's gonna be first to post a journal thread? :D

Jamie

Jakesgram
04-26-2010, 09:36 PM
Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you to all who helped get this going.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

I can already tell from Jamie's first posting that I am going to be hanging out here A LOT. Unfortunately, I am on baby-sitting duty while dd and sil are on vacation, so I won't be able to post anything for several days. But after the kiddies are in bed, I will be looking in to see what is going on.

Now I have to run, but I'll be thinking eagerly about what I want to title my journal. I have several pages done from my Art Journaling class last summer and this will definitely spur me on to do more.

I CAN'T WAIT!!! :)

robertsloan2
04-26-2010, 10:25 PM
I got Jamie's note and here I am, posting the second art journal. I'm planning to do more with the Goof-Off Book than I have... for one thing it'd seriously help to ink the text, for another I'm definitely altering the cover with gouache or acrylic just to get in the spirit of the thing.

Heh, or slap clear Colourfix on the cover and hit it with oil pastels, that's a thought...

jmb57
04-27-2010, 04:54 AM
not sure why a new thread was started, when i got in first with congratulations....

JamieWG
04-27-2010, 09:27 AM
not sure why a new thread was started, when i got in first with congratulations....

This thread was started at 2:14pm, and yours after 11pm, both on the 26th. When I started this thread, there was no other congratulatory thread in the forum. If you'd like, I can merge your thread into this one, as the software merges chronologically.

Jamie

jmb57
04-27-2010, 10:08 AM
must have been time difference

DrDebby
04-27-2010, 12:41 PM
YAY! :clap: Thanks everyone who helped get this started. Definitely an inspiration.

Whisperwood
04-28-2010, 10:17 AM
YEY! SO Glad this forum was added! :clap: I will be hoping to post a thread of my own in time, still have to get my journal. I also have my parents with me right now for a month so any drawing has been put on hold, as i'm busy doing other things. I hope to use this as a place for progressing my (very novice) CP drawings and hopefully venturing into some watercolor pencils also. It will be good practice and I hope to see the differences from the begining of a journal to the end of it, even though it may take several years for me to actually get around to filling a book!!! :eek: :lol:
Thanks again to all who made this forum happen and also to all those people who already have journals posted and which have given people like me the inspiration to make one of my own :)

sparkling
04-29-2010, 03:09 PM
Yay for the new forum :D :clap: , I'm so excited about about it, too, and hope that I will soon be able to start my own thread here, too.

escoveitch
04-30-2010, 10:35 AM
Love this

robertsloan2
04-30-2010, 10:42 AM
Just getting this clear before I do it -- if I do a different journal with a different theme from the Goof-Off Book, I should give the new one its own thread. Right?

After long months of paying off my beloved honking big laptop (lucked and got a 17" screen one, it's been a joy to use), I finally got my spending money budget back. So today I placed a new order at Blick. In just a few days, new virgin sketchbooks will arrive at my house including an A4 watercolor book, two tiny Moleskine Volant notebooks that are only 2 1/2" x 4" plus replacements for my letter size and 4 x 6" ProArt wirebound sketchbooks.

I'm hesitant to post threads for my old ProArt sketchbooks since they're mostly full and it'd be pretty heavy threads from the start. However, with the new ones coming in, I feel as if I want to theme some of them. I might do one as an Ari Cat journal, entirely cat sketches and cat gestures. I had one a long time ago that I'd meant to keep entirely for birds, but it went off topic in about a dozen pages and stopped being all good drawings anyway.

JamieWG
04-30-2010, 05:32 PM
Just getting this clear before I do it -- if I do a different journal with a different theme from the Goof-Off Book, I should give the new one its own thread. Right?

Right! :)

Jamie

artbyjune
05-05-2010, 11:12 AM
Good to see this new forum. I always wanted to start an art journal. I got as far as decorating the front cover of a hard bound sketch book. Now maybe I will get around to putting something inside!

ArtsyPatrice
05-05-2010, 09:39 PM
This new forum should wonderfully motivating! Thanks to all who made it happen. A great excuse to get a fresh sketch book or make one up with papers to suit whatever medium...

robertsloan2
05-05-2010, 11:01 PM
It has been incredibly motivating! I started this new journal and now I'm more than half through with it, been doing something in it almost daily for a while!

prismalos
05-07-2010, 10:49 AM
Well, hope it's not too late! Loving the new forum! :clap: :clap: :clap: