PDA

View Full Version : Saxo

ramar
04-22-2010, 05:44 PM
Hi WC!! this is my second attempt with acrylics... I hope you like it!! I'm open to constructive criticims!! :thumbsup: I want to donate this painting to the Music School of my village...

Titan acrylics on Fabriano Studio 300 gr. Watercolor paper. 47x34 cm

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Apr-2010/150436-Saxo.jpg

noodle1
04-22-2010, 08:11 PM
What a great comp! I think you did a fabulous job with this, you can be proud, second go round and it's an Oh My!!! Your pads and rods are very well painted.

Very dramatic but your light sources have me wondering if you couldn't perhaps lighten just a bit the inside front of the rim and carry it down the front of the bell a bit as well. Just thinking the light surrounding the bell would perhaps make that part more dimensional.

I'd continue some light going down the body of key area as you did on the top of it, comes up looking flat as you follow it.

And don't know if it's your crop or the bell area but seems the left of computer screen part should start to curve out higher up. Just take a re-look and you decide what you see then leave it or do it your way in your palette colors.

But this is really terrific as is, just me seeing what I see and truly just a suggestion not a "must do"..LOL

I'm sure they will treasure this one!

Hope you don't mind just a quick computer visual perhaps seeing what I'm saying less confusing then the written word. :)
Elaine

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Apr-2010/139027-sax.jpg

Margaret 59
04-22-2010, 08:16 PM
I do love it!!

tonyjazz
04-22-2010, 10:27 PM
Great sax! Been playing with a tenor sax man for 15 years and I always enjoy looking and listening to this instrument. Elaine made some very good points on the light. But don't touch that "smokey blues" background, it says jazz!well done. TJ

arl
04-23-2010, 07:47 AM
Wonderful work.

ladypainter
04-23-2010, 09:01 AM
Beautiful work . They will be happy to receive this donation I am sure.:thumbsup:

gopalv
04-23-2010, 09:26 AM
Fantastic work, the music school would be thrilled to receive this.... Just as you used them for inspiration, they can use your painting for inspiration! :) And as TJ said, this piece literally screams Jazz.

purplepansey
04-23-2010, 11:14 AM
Wonderful perfect donation, I think it's well done, like the composition and the look of brass is well done.:music: :music: :clap:

Rhodabird
04-23-2010, 11:25 AM
Dear Ramon, Wonderful. Placement is very dramatic and colors are as well. If this is your second, I can't wait to see what you do after your third and fourth, etc.

ramar
04-23-2010, 03:09 PM
Wow!! what a lot of great comments!! I thanks very much to everyone!!

Elaine, thanks for your suggestions!! I don't apply it, but not why it are not correct... Simply I am afraid, as novice that I am, of spoiling the painting :o