PDA

View Full Version : Jackie Simmonds on Youtube P&D Channel

rankamateur1
04-19-2010, 10:41 PM
The YouTube Painting and Drawing channel is paying attention to us pastelists lately. First up was Arnold Lowrey. Next up is Jackie Simmonds with her Pastel Workshop. Thank you Jackie!!!!

Here's the link:
http://www.youtube.com/user/paintinganddrawing#p/c/FECC455278C4B5EF

Happy viewing,
Luana

katiedidi659
04-20-2010, 12:45 AM
Thanks for posting this link!

jackiesimmonds
04-20-2010, 10:01 AM
gosh - fame at last! thanks for posting the link.
Jackie

Turpintine45
04-20-2010, 01:58 PM
Wow Jackie, thanks for doing this. You explain it all so well. I must really try and use more than just blending and be more adventurous. Jen

DAK723
04-20-2010, 06:09 PM
Thanks Luana for posting the link! Good tips, especially for beginners!

I must say that with these recent links for Arnold Lowrey, Jackie and Margaret Evans, that I just can't get over the fact that pastel is pronounced differently in the UK compared to American English! I have to assume that other Europeans pronounce it the UK way! (With the accent on the first syllable). In "American" it's pas-TEL.

All these years reading these posts from around the world and mispronouncing pastel in my own mind!

But anyway...check out these clips. If I'm not mistaken, they only run on YouTube for a week or less.

Don

robertsloan2
04-21-2010, 07:06 AM
Every time I hear a British instructor say "pastle" I just smile and shift my balance. Some part of me grew up on BBC imports and deeply believes that's the way to speak the English language.

Thank you for the workshop, Jackie! I'm going to put my headphones in and enjoy it -- at five in the morning children are not awake and screaming yet, just coughing, and I do not want to stir them up!

jackiesimmonds
04-22-2010, 01:26 PM
:music: "You say potatoes, we say PotAhtoes, you say Tomatoes, we say tomAhtoes - Tomatos, Tomahtoes, Potatoes, Potahtoes, Let's call the whole thing off!":music:

No, dont let's, let's just celebrate our differences and enjoy the fact that we both speak ENGLISH no matter how it's pronounced!

Potoma
04-22-2010, 08:17 PM
I love Jackie's reuse of basic containers. Happy Earth Day!

Deborah Secor
04-23-2010, 09:08 PM
Hmmm, now ask Jackie to pronounce gouache! :cat:

Jackie, "fame at last"? I can hear you say that, sweetheart! :lol:

Deborah

Tom Perry
04-24-2010, 12:11 AM
You've been famous in my eyes for a while now since I've bought and read your Pastels Workbook. My daughter was just starting pastels and I passed it on to her. I wish more instructional books were designed to open and lay flat, it really helps when trying to read and paint at the same time.

gosh - fame at last! thanks for posting the link.
Jackie