PDA

View Full Version : plein aire painting in Augusta, Missouri

pastellady
04-19-2010, 11:50 AM
Well, Wednesday is D Day. We are packing up and heading to Augusta, Mo. for a ten day plein aire event sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce there. We will be painting all around this beautiful area at wineries, the beautiful small towns that dot the area, the KATY Trail along the Missouri river, and much more. there are painting events at various locations whcih are sponsored by different businesses and persons. Also lots of purchase awards and cash awards. If you've never been you should consider it. It is held each year around this time. This year they have around 100 artists attending from all over the country. It is a great way to see how other artists work and also share in the companionship of artists. It starts on April 21st and ends with a sale of the work completed on location during the event on May 1st at Mount Pleasant Winery in Augusta, MO.
Wish me luck, I'll be blogging about our time there on my website and blog at www.jennylynnegragg.blogspot.com (http://www.jennylynnegragg.blogspot.com).

Paula Ford
04-19-2010, 12:02 PM
Have a wonderful time! Please take lots of photos so you can show us when you get back.

westcoast_Mike
04-19-2010, 12:34 PM
Have fun and my hat's off to you. You have more stamina than I do to paint 10 days. I'm usualy starting to feel fried after about 5 days of hard painting.

pastellady
04-19-2010, 08:13 PM
I will take lots of photos, it is beautiful country, Paula.

Ten days is a long time, Mike, but it's in the middle of Mo. wine country which helps us get through. There's also a jacuzzi at our cabin.