PDA

View Full Version : Quick Dry Cafe 4/18/10 - 4/24/10

idylbrush
04-18-2010, 07:06 AM
Another week up in smoke. Time to start over again.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-Apr-2010/36241-newflowerbed.jpg

Starting to settle in a bit and feel better.

noodle1
04-18-2010, 08:37 AM
Morning Howard and Everyone,

Do have some coffee here and will be making omelets shortly.

Glad you are feeling better Howard, and that area is looking sweet. I'm hoping to get outside and garden a bit today, definitely my poor garden in need of some order. Got my delphiniums so will plant them today too.

We got some slack weather wise, not raining..haha but chilly. Sun's bright so I'm expecting that to change too later.

Big Sunday hugs to..Shirl, Shrl, Sue, Miss Carol, Maureen, Kathrin, Patti, Ruthie who is on her way to some fun, Kathie wherever she is haha, Raymo packing for his "stalking" adventures..LOL, Kat, Dee, Bell, Linda, Robert,
Sharon, Mary, all the gang.

Have a great morning that carries over to the rest of your day...will see you all later.

Hugs all round,
Elaine

Lady Carol
04-18-2010, 10:27 AM
Morning Howard & Elaine, & all the rest who will turn up later.

I need some really big hugs this morning......thanks Elaine and thanks for the coffee. Why is it that crap always happens in the middle of the night? Woke up last night at 1:30-ish to hear what I thought was rain and the skylight in the bathroom leaking a torrent. It does occasionally leak when the wind is blowing in a certain direction. No not that, but I could hear something from under the sink :( the pipe had burst at one of the joints. I couldn't turn the stopcock shut off and yelled for Craig. He couldn't get it shut off either. So I raced downstairs to the basement to the stopcocks down there, one I could turn but of course the other one, no wouldn't budge and that was the one that was going.

Any way after about 15 mins we got it shut off. A good amount of the water leaked into the family room and the half bathroom, and then down in the basement. We spent hours cleaning it up. Fortunately we have a wet-vac so the mess could have been worse. The ceiling in the family room collapsed, fortunately in 2 sections as it fell over Craig's electronics and I pulled the last bit down that was up there. Somewhere in that mess of cables on the floor in the first picture, I have the internet connection which also carries our phone. I got to sleep at 5 a.m. but not without worrying that my highly strung and nervous-nellie cat Toby who went missing in all the commotion had gotten outside. I seriously did not think he had but we could not find him for hours. He turned up at 6:30 a little out of sorts.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-Apr-2010/11811-IMG_3275.JPG
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-Apr-2010/11811-IMG_3276.JPG

biddlebeach
04-18-2010, 10:44 AM
Oh Carol,, how awful! so sorry,,,

Shirl Parker
04-18-2010, 11:04 AM
Good morning Howard, Elaine, Carol, Mary, and those to come. We have had rain off and on for days now, and more to follow. Yesterday's thunderboomers were so loud and lightening so close Pearl heard them even in her advancing state of deafness. So, of course, she was frightened into peeing on the rug I just got back from being cleaned.

Carol, was that where your cat was hiding - In Plain Sight?

dances_with_oils
04-18-2010, 11:06 AM
Morning folks:

Carol, I feel your pain. We had a pipe burst in 2008 and it ended up costing 50K in repairs and four months of construction. Does you house insurance not cover this type of damage? Ours did and the insurance sent in a restoration crew which made sure we didn't end up with mould. Hope you get it cleaned up soon.

It's a nice, crisp morning here. I think I'll talk hubby into getting the motorcycle out later and going to a ride.

Lady Carol
04-18-2010, 11:28 AM
Carol, I feel your pain. We had a pipe burst in 2008 and it ended up costing 50K in repairs and four months of construction. Does you house insurance not cover this type of damage? Ours did and the insurance sent in a restoration crew which made sure we didn't end up with mould. Hope you get it cleaned up soon.
I am sure our insurance will cover it, we just have to find the policy and talk to them.

Enjoy your ride. I want a ride too but on Maddie.

idylbrush
04-18-2010, 12:15 PM
Oh Carol, I do wish you well with the restoration. Always something isn't there!

Blanched broccoli last night, froze it right away. Have snow peas to pick today. Had a good rain last night, the air is soft and moist today.

Got some work done on my presentation while i was up last night, coming along, slow but sure.

Raymo
04-18-2010, 12:17 PM
and will be making omelets shortly.

Raymo packing for his "stalking" adventures..LOL,
Mmmmm, omelets....:thumbsup:....make like 3 or 4 for me, i'm starving, lol.

As for packing, I dont really have to pack, just taking my raincoat along....:evil:

Raymo
04-18-2010, 12:18 PM
Awww Carol, sorry about the mess. Wish I could make it all better for you guys.

Lady Carol
04-18-2010, 01:24 PM
Awww Carol, sorry about the mess. Wish I could make it all better for you guys.
Aw thanks Ray :) You are a sweetheart, evil one at times but still a sweetheart. C'mon over and help move some things for us.

Charlie's Mum
04-18-2010, 01:24 PM
Happy Sunday one and all!

... and I hope yours improves massively Carol - what an awful thing to happen - and now you have to face having workmen in the house doing repairs - and hassle with the Insurance Co. - I wish you luck!
It's raining here and no doubt it will once again come in where our roof still isn't properly fixed - damned roofers!!! I'm sick of phoning him to come - I get promises but he doesn't keep them ..... if the plaster work needs repairing again he'll have to stand the cost!!

Oh yes, I do sympathise Carol! Anyway, glad Toby was OK - he must have been around when the ceiling fell and poor baby got a shock!

I should have been gardening but the rain put a stop to that idea!:lol: I discovered - or uncovered - a lot of the plants I had to dig out last November and they're growing against all the odds! Tough little blighters :D

Elaine - I did read about all the water probs you had - made me laugh (sorry!) but it was a funny read - though not a very funny experience for you!

On a brighter note, the daffs are bringing the feel of sunshine to the place, the tulips are almost ready to open and the birds are an absolute delight to watch - even though I'm having to refill their larders almost daily!!! :lol:

Dinner needs to be made - I really don't like cooking much at all!!!!
Enjoy your day friends - hope it stays full of light and joy (and no more horror stories ;)).

Lady Carol
04-18-2010, 02:15 PM
Oh Carol, I do wish you well with the restoration. Always something isn't there!
You are not wrong, Howard. Not wrong at all.

Lady Carol
04-18-2010, 02:22 PM
Oh yes, I do sympathise Carol! Anyway, glad Toby was OK - he must have been around when the ceiling fell and poor baby got a shock!
Thanks Maureen. Toby was absent by then. I was pounding up and down the stairs and making hell of a lot of noise. I think he scarpered fairly early on but was not sure. Nigel hung around to watch what was happening but from a distance.

Craig is really unhappy the TV works. :lol: he wanted a new one.

Raymo
04-18-2010, 02:47 PM
Craig is really unhappy the TV works. :lol: he wanted a new one.

Ha, tell him to pour a glass of water through the vents in back. :lol:
They wont know the difference.

Lady Carol
04-18-2010, 02:49 PM
Ha, tell him to pour a glass of water through the vents in back. :lol:
They wont know the difference.
You are not the first person to say that. He wouldn't do it, anyway

noodle1
04-18-2010, 04:13 PM
Oh my Carol what a mess, I am sooo sorry. No it never seems to stop with houses. If we were closer I know Larry would help, he's been down this road here a few times. Tell Craig to go get one and call it trauma related compensation then you go get something too for the same thing. Hugs my friend. Very happy your Toby turned up, maybe he had gotten in the basement and was too frightened to come back up, doesn't matter tho so long as he is with you now.

Hugs for you too Maureen, this roofing guy needs to stopping sitting on his hands and get going fixing this. I'm sorry to hear about this too..my little day or so of distress was really simple by comparison, and I'm glad it made you chuckle, easy to do tho when ya live with someone who can fix all this stuff, not so funny when you have to rely on others and have paid them to do a job and they don't do the job right. :(

Raymo...oh yeah raincoat...I'm thinking you could us a more spiffy updated one tho don't ya think, something a bit more "flashy".....:lol: :lol:

I'm with wishing everyone a day without incident! Just got home from noon Mass, need to change and get into the garden, weather kind of flipped from this morning looks like it'll be raining here too. See ya all later.

Hugs all round,
Elaine

biddlebeach
04-18-2010, 05:48 PM
Friday it went from in the 80's to freezing, in the space of a few hours! been cold and rainy ever since,, brrr, and ick,,

Kathrin G.
04-18-2010, 05:59 PM
Oh Carol, I am so sorry to read about your water trouble ((((hugs))))
Hope you get it fixed and sorted soon :crossfingers:
And you too Maureen :thumbsup:
Howard, your garden is looking fantastic :clap:
Hugs to all and everyone :grouphug:

PattiLou
04-18-2010, 06:29 PM
Ack!!! More water troubles... so sorry about all that. Glad your kitty cat is safe and sound Carol, but what a mess, yuk. Tell Craig it missed the TV just 'cause he wanted a new one.:lol:

Maureen contractors around here do what they please when they please it seems. Well, they say things (people) move slow in the south. You would think with the bad economy they would hustle a little more.

We are having a nice, slow, steady rain. The yard and plants are just soaking it up. I hope it improves the look and gives them a boost.

Ray being super nice :confused: , haha. I knew he was nice all along and just trying to cover it up. :heart:

And with that I need to eat my Italian Sausage and Pepper Baked Sandwich that Jon just brought home.

Charlie's Mum
04-18-2010, 06:34 PM
It's nice to see the humour is still flying around amid all the cat-astrophes!!!! :lol:

When I was gossiping earlier I forgot that Charlie was in the garden - he was soaked!!! Saves bathing him though - he was high as a kite when he came in - racing round, playing when being dried - then his dinner vanished in double-quick time!!!

Ach - re our roof saga - it will get done - eventually - and at least it's not major like Carol's ..... the damp/wet patch comes through in a cupboard.

If someone finds a flashy new raincoat for Raymo - do post it!!! ;)

noodle1
04-18-2010, 09:43 PM
Oh Maureen that's not funny.....:lol: :lol: Willie suggests you might get one of these for just those occasions when you "forget" Charlie ..:D

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-Apr-2010/139027-Dogware.jpg :mad:

Oh and Raymo my man, I thought this was perfect and I checked they come in longer versions..:smug: If I do say so myself this is definitely you...:thumbsup: :D :lol: :lol: :lol:
Even comes with a umbrella for rainy day flashing... :wink2:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-Apr-2010/139027-s-new-rainwear.jpg

Noodles:heart:

Charlie's Mum
04-19-2010, 06:50 AM
Oh Maureen that's not funny.....:lol: :lol: Willie suggests you might get one of these for just those occasions when you "forget" Charlie ..:D

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-Apr-2010/139027-Dogware.jpg :mad:

I know :o - and I suffered guilt trips all night!
I paid for my gorgetfulness - was awake almost all night - got up, made a drink, read, went back to bed at 3.45am, eventually got some sleep around 5am ....... think I paid my dues?

Love Raymo's new coat and auntie-bella:lol: :lol:

Good morning all who are awake - it's almost mid-morning coffee time for me - then I'm off to pick and paint a daffodil for the Plant Parade due on Sunday.:)

It's still miserable/damp.

The no-flying in UK is still in force - the joke here is -

First Iceland took our fish and put paid to the Fishing Industry,

Next, they took our investments and 'we' lost our money,

Now they've launched the volcanic cloud and wrecked the Aviation Industry :lol:

Not funny for all those stranded - BUT - the Dunkirk spirit is still around - yesterday someone tried a flotilla of small boats to France to 'rescue' some - managed 25 people before the French authorities put a stop to it - said they were taking business away from the Ferry Lines - jeepers, they're booked solid until next week!!!!!! :rolleyes:
Whatever happened to Euro-cooperation? - they take plenty of our taxes and want to rule us ...... Europe definitely doesn't like individualism (unless they've decreed it!) ........ I'll get off my hobby-horse now :D

Patti - you're right to take your home with you when you travel:lol: :lol:

idylbrush
04-19-2010, 08:32 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Apr-2010/36241-corn,cukes.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Apr-2010/36241-newflowerbed.jpg

rained most of yesterday and into the night. The air is soft and moist this morning with a bit of a chill. All the plants appreciated the moisture. This time of year tends to want to be dry but this year it has rained nearly every week. Now if I can ever get the rain barrel here I can start collecting some of the wet goodness and using it during the dry times.

Still struggling with that weed that seems to want to take over the front flower bed. The side bed has a vine with orange fruit and red seeds that tried to take over there but it is slowly being eradicated. I remember having it grow on the fence outside my apartment in Athens. Then I thought it pretty but didn't realize how much it stank when you tried to pull it up.

Busy day ahead with prepping for my lecture, coming to an end of the presentation preparations....now to get some practice in.

noodle1
04-19-2010, 09:14 AM
Morning Everyone,

Coffee here, and some juice. Can't decide what to make so haven't made anything.

Ah Maureen you really shouldn't feel guilty, I didn't mean to make you feel worse. Bet Charlie has forgotten all about it now comfy and back to ruling your roost..haha I've done it too with other dogs I've had, not Willie tho, but then I've discovered being a pug he's not a real dog, just some little alien in a disguise, and I'm still looking for that zipper..haha they take plenty of our taxes and want to rule us not unfamiliar at all!

Sun's out and suppose to be a nice day today, considerably warmer. Draggin Larry to the garden center and nurseries today, want to get some soil and maybe plants too..:D

Well just yakking...so a Big Good Morning to Carol, Shirl, Shrl, Sue, Pattie, thinking of ya Ruthie, Dee, Howard, Robert, Raymo, Mary hope you get a reply to your letter quickly, Kat, Linda, Sharon, Kathrin, all the gang.

See ya later, have a wonderful day, hope it's free of any sort of mishaps definitely for us all!!

Hugs all round,
Elaine

noodle1
04-19-2010, 10:35 AM
Patti....things jump back in my head sooner or later, and I just went to look my at my daffodil "yellow" while waiting for Larry and realized you had asked about the Fabriano block..day late and a dollar short however...:o

Yes you can cut it, and I didn't buy a large size, 9.075 x 14" and 185lb., externally sized, so it's hardy..haha and it can be sized however don't do that either..:eek: but not for me, am a plate or hot press girl,hahaha was around 17.00 and change at A&W site. Seems like not such a great price for 10 sheets but elsewhere it's like a little over 29.00 now that's a bit pricey. Nice paper but like the hot press better.

That challenge was for a "square" and easier to just rule it on the paper that's why I did it and didn't use my usual panels :D

Some days I don't remember my name til the next...LOL

Howard we cross posted, looking good. Sure your presentation will be fantastic, would love to be among those who will be enjoying it.

Okay now am leaving to tip toe through the tulips and whatever else is out there...LOL

Hugs,
Elaine

dances_with_oils
04-19-2010, 10:36 AM
Morning folks:

Carol hope you managed to contact your insurance and they are going to help you. This was our basement after they started to tear it apart to make sure there was no moisture anywhere:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Apr-2010/109508-downcomestheceiling.jpg

And then came the drying out part:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Apr-2010/109508-nowtodryit.jpg

It broke my heart to have the restoration guys cut up a newly laid carpet into little pieces to cart it away. It had been under 3 inches of water and they couldn't save the underpad - apparently it goes funky very quickly and the backing of the carpet rots faster once it's been wet.

I'm still waiting for the buyers to book their home inspection - hopefully it will be on a good, dry day so that the three hours we have to be out of the house we'll be able to go for a walk with the dog.

Howard, your garden looks amazing. I've got peony shoots starting and my tulips are just starting to form a head.

PattiLou
04-19-2010, 12:07 PM
Back from excersize, a chat with my neighbor then took a shower and now here I am.... wasting time while I wait for my hair to dry so I can go to a meeting.:lol:

Patti....things jump back in my head sooner or later, and I just went to look my at my daffodil "yellow" while waiting for Larry and realized you had asked about the Fabriano block..day late and a dollar short however...:o Hugs,
Elaine

Ooops, not Fabriano... don't do watercolor although I have a pad laying around somewhere. What I was wondering about was the Ampersand panels that you use, like the one you used in the tree project. It feels and looks kinda neat and I want to try it. Just wondering if it could be cut for odd sizes if you would want to??? Heck, I'm always a day late and a dollar short.:D

noodle1
04-19-2010, 05:12 PM
Patti, Dah!!! well that's me these days..LOL it isn't water color paper tho, it's an "acrylic" block of paper by them, that must have been what I focused on, using acrylics...dah again, sorry. I don't "do" watercolors either I so stink at them...haha
Ya know I haven't tried to cut the Ampersand panels but if you had a dremel or perhaps a ban saw, or even a jig saw with a diamond blade. Would make a smoother cut I'm thinking,why not they're just "hardboard" basically. Looking at one now can't imagine the surface lifting if cut but don't know for sure. Now you've given me perhaps a new project for Larry to give a try at cutting one..:D

Later,
Hugs,
Elaine

Raymo
04-19-2010, 06:12 PM
but if you had a dremel or perhaps a ban saw, or even a jig saw with a diamond blade. Would make a smoother cut I'm thinking,why not they're just "hardboard" basically.

I just bought myself a Dremel this weekend and told my old woman that she got me an early bday present.

That's not quite the kind of raincoat I had in mind....:mad:....if i'm going to be a stalker, I wanna look real professional. Now i'm thinking that I may have to take a trip over to England too....:evil:....You know it would be nice if a bunch of you girls could meet in one area, that would make it much easier on me. DO IT !!!

Lady Carol
04-19-2010, 06:54 PM
That's not quite the kind of raincoat I had in mind....:mad:....if i'm going to be a stalker, I wanna look real professional. Aussies call condoms, raincoats. You would look mighty funny wandering around with only one of those on :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: I have gone blind just thinking about it.

You know it would be nice if a bunch of you girls could meet in one area, that would make it much easier on me. DO IT !!!
I am up for that. It would probably happen quicker if YOU paid for it.

Lady Carol
04-19-2010, 07:04 PM
The insurance people have been terrifically responsive so far. They sent a crew to dry our house out. We have fans on 2 floors and 2 dehumidifiers. They of course demolished the family room.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Apr-2010/11811-IMG_3277.JPG
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Apr-2010/11811-IMG_3278.JPG

dances_with_oils
04-19-2010, 10:27 PM
That looks familiar Carol... glad they got in there quickly. We had to wait about 3 weeks for the restoration guys to be satisfied that everything was dry. Then we discovered the cracks in the foundation which had water pouring in after a nasty rain storm... Did I mention how glad I am to be moving?

Lady Carol
04-19-2010, 10:36 PM
We are having a bloke come out tomorrow morning who will assess for the reconstruction once everything is dry.

susme48
04-19-2010, 11:31 PM
I love all of you....and you KNOW I am sending true hugs your way for all the messes with water, and cats, and dogs, and whatever for the last week or so!!!

But I have to love you even more, because reading the rest of last week and the comments so far this week....I have not laughed so hard in such a long, long time!!! I have a vivid imagination....and I certainly enjoyed picturing some of this....not sure what you would call the feelings I had over Ray wearing a "raincoat" only.

Bob is home....and he brought what he called 'generic' flowers....cute little rattan (?)baskets of crafted flowers, and a Saint Patrick's Day hat....lol....a lot of hugs and some silly gifts always make his appearance worth the wait!!

I like the idea of us all trying to meet....and the idea of Ray covering the expenses would help me out alot....:angel:

Things here are about the same...I did get a chance to sit down with his caseworker, and talk to her about MY health problems and Bob's and how that is impacting our care of Bubba. Don't know if that will mean anything to the state, but she is definitely going to try to get us more hours than 3-4 five days a week. Last time we got 10 more....not much at all about an extra 20 minutes a day....which did help with the months that have 31 days.

One good thing....my friends cancer turns out to be the most likely kind to respond to chemo and radiation. They took out a football-sized tumor....and she is still weak, but healing well. She is having trouble eating, and so is losing weight, but is forcing herself to not skip meals. She sounded pretty good....just tired.

My brother sounds upbeat....so for now, the worry levels are a bit lower!!

Sorry to have been 'hiding' so much....just not real talkative. But I have been sneaking in....gotta keep an eye on ya'!!

biddlebeach
04-20-2010, 12:42 AM
Hi Susan! good to see you!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

noodle1
04-20-2010, 08:12 AM
Good Morning Gang,

Hey Sue, happy to hear about your brother and your friend, I've been praying for both and for you...hope you're given the time you need. Important to take care of you! You and I need another real time to yak..I always enjoy them so much and you..Hugs my friend.

Carol so happy to see that things are moving along quite quickly, even pulled a part looks sooo much better! Hugs.

Hi Mary, Shirl, Howard, Robert, Patti, Sharon, Linda, Dee hope the house painting moving along nicely, shouting to Ruthie having fun, Kat, Kathrin, Maureen, early morning fog..haha hope that's everyone.

Raymo my man, ah now that was a perfect raincoat teehee. We already are in one place! haha But I think Carol's on to something, you pay we'll play..LOL

Okay have to give this morning some substance and get moving. Have a wonderful day everyone, I'll catch ya later.

Hugs all round,
Elaine

idylbrush
04-20-2010, 09:06 AM
Sue, good to see you here and even better that there seems to be some improvement in those lives around you. Hope the hours work out for you and in your favor.

Out working in the garden. More edge cleanup. Use a hula hoe and it really does work. Cuts a nice 5" swatch to make the flower bed edges seem clean and orderly.

Have peppers set, and maybe a cucumber or two. Summer rye is sprouting, now to get the bahia grass to grow. That could take another two weeks. I keep at it a bit at a time. Not wanting to over exhaust myself. Been a rough winter so far and don't want to make things worse. so a bit at a time.

Carol, your insurance company jumped on this right off. Good for you, the sooner the better it seems. One of the events I work at had a leak from an upstairs kitchenette. It ran for hours before someone noticed it. It happened over a weekend at night. It took about 8-9 months for the drying, rebuilding, remodeling and restoration. I sure hope yours goes much faster.

Having had about 2 inches of rain over the weekend, the garden is just exploding. The corn is now nearly 4 feet tall and I noticed today that the eggplant has a blossom on it. The bell peppers have already set fruit and I am picking the first of the cherry tomatoes. This happens to be a golden variety of which I'm particularly fond. I also have standard size gold and red but have not turned color yet. I also planted four Roma tomatoes which are supposed to be a variety that is higher in lycopene. If I get enough of them I will roast them, purée them, and freeze them. They make wonderful cream of tomato soup with little effort involved.

The moon flowers and the scarlet morning glories are just about ready to be transplanted. I hope I can get to that today. The new rose seems to be settling in very well. I see new growth and buds, can't ask for more than that. The longer it's in the ground the richer the color seems to be. What started out as a peach-orange color is now turning into a vibrant golden orange. The garden is finally starting to look like it's coming to life. I am seeing some growth on what I thought were dead frangipani, but, only about three of the 15 or so that I had look like they are coming back.

Hope everybody has a productive day and life will be kind.

idylbrush
04-20-2010, 10:14 AM
tromping through the garden this morning.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Apr-2010/36241-Last_Import_-_1.jpg

Another tritoma bud forming.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Apr-2010/36241-Last_Import_-_2.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Apr-2010/36241-Last_Import_-_3.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Apr-2010/36241-Last_Import_-_4.jpg
pomegranite flower (dwarf)
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Apr-2010/36241-Last_Import_-_5.jpg
green maters, may not ripen since I like fried green maters.

Lady Carol
04-20-2010, 10:28 AM
Carol, your insurance company jumped on this right off. Good for you, the sooner the better it seems. One of the events I work at had a leak from an upstairs kitchenette. It ran for hours before someone noticed it. It happened over a weekend at night. It took about 8-9 months for the drying, rebuilding, remodeling and restoration. I sure hope yours goes much faster.
We were told that the first 48 h was very important to control the mould growth. They sprayed the rafters with a mould inhibitor and the dehumidifier and fans ran all night, except in the bedroom and master bath. It is very noisy here.

Raymo
04-20-2010, 03:46 PM
haha But I think Carol's on to something, you pay we'll play..LOL
Hmmm, now that sounds interesting....:lol:

Carol....what do you call raincoats :eek:

I've been thinking about buying a riding lawnmower and have been checking them out. Today I got an ad from The Scooter Store, you know "the mobility experts". They have a commercial on tv that they will bill the government for you and do all the paper work and chances are it wont cost you a dime, lol. Well I started thinking (my mind is pretty active), what if I got a scooter and devised a bracket for the back to hook my lawnmower up to ? Voila, riding lawnmower ! That way I could hook up my mower, jump on my scooter and mow my yards and it didnt cost me a dime. Not a bad idea huh ? Another plus would be riding it downtown to get a coke or somethin. People would probly be amazed.....at my ingenuity.

Charlie's Mum
04-20-2010, 05:27 PM
Susan - (((((hugs))))) - don't wonder you don't feel in a gossiping mood!

Hi all :wave:

Garden's looking very healthy Howard :thumbsup:

Raymo - your brain activities never fail to amze (and amuse) me - thank you :lol:

Lady Carol
04-20-2010, 05:34 PM
Carol....what do you call raincoats :eek:
Raincoats.

Lady Carol
04-20-2010, 05:37 PM
....my mind is pretty active...
errr, that has not gone unnoticed.

Lady Carol
04-20-2010, 07:47 PM
the drying of the house is ahead of schedule and they will take away all the machines tomorrow morning :clap: there is nothing like 70 db continuous drone to drive someone around the twist.....of wait, I have already been driven around the twist.

The reconstruction guy reckons it will take 6 days to restore with the painting and everything.

biddlebeach
04-20-2010, 08:54 PM
I had some time on my hands today, COULD have found something more productive to do,, but did this instead..

dances_with_oils
04-20-2010, 10:41 PM
Evening folks:

Hurrah! The buyers did their home inspection today and we only have to wait for them to remove their conditions and the house is sold... HURRAH!

From this point, I can now put my studio back and get painting... WHEW!

We're going to put an offer in for a house we saw in the listings and hubby is going to fly out to view it after he has his unit's mess dinner and yearly tech boards on the 28/29th of April. I'm going to stay put with the dog and get my backlog of commissions done.

Carol, glad to hear you're getting fixed up.

Right now, I'm shopping for appliances... we sold the kitchen gear with the house.... trying to decide if I'd like to go with gas range this time around.

Lady Carol
04-20-2010, 10:57 PM
Bell congrats on the sale (hope I have not jinxed it).

We are well on track for the repairs, I believe they may start Friday to replace the sheet rock/dry wall and be out of here in 6 days :clap: We ate out again tonight. I really hate eating out days in a row. Even if you pick something healthy the food is never as healthy as I prepare at home.

biddlebeach
04-20-2010, 11:08 PM
Hooray Belle!!! congrats!
Carol glad to hear that also,, get you guys back to some normalcy,,

biddlebeach
04-20-2010, 11:14 PM
I'm taking the day off tomorrow from work, to hang out with my sister and my niece, who lives in Florida and has been here for 2 weeks now and I have yet to see her. so, we are going to perhaps go Geocaching and probably hit Walmart! oh,, and of course, eat out,, LOL

idylbrush
04-21-2010, 12:27 AM
sounds like life is moving along for all of us.

Got my pico projector and since there were no directions or manuals, I had to fight it out on my own. Took several hours but it works and the image while not great is certainly interesting. Figured out how to get it on a tripod and got the 25" screen set up. (very portable). So, I am about set for my Thursday night lecture. I can show power point presentations, films/videos, slide shows and all that goodly stuff.

So, tomorrow I go to the gallery to see what windows I need to block to make it work at 6:00 PM.

Time to get much needed rest. Hope everyone has a great evening and wonderful nights sleep.

biddlebeach
04-21-2010, 07:29 AM
Enjoy your new Toy/tool Howard! I guess they figure if you wanted it, you already know how to use it eh? hmm
woke up at 5:30 this AM,, sigh,, oh well no work today,, just play,, so hopefully all will be well..
love to you all! hope you all have a fabulous day today! happy hump day!

PattiLou
04-21-2010, 08:45 AM
Howard, check the internet for manuals. We have found manuals online that are better than the instructions that originally came in the package of many things.

Have a great day Mary... what, no art supply run included? :evil:

Thought I had all the meetings over for the summer and got stuck with another one. I have to go as part of a team to interview a new CPA. Can you say boringgggg?

Lady Carol
04-21-2010, 09:23 AM
Can you say boringgggg?
boringggg :lol:

sveldstra
04-21-2010, 10:58 AM
Good morning all, sorry to have not stopped in lately. The outside is nicer and the plants are starting in the garden, and well the pull has been too strong. I haven't even managed to keep myself painting consistently, but have tried harder the last two weeks. The local studio tour was last weekend so I traveled around and peeked into a few other artists' spaces. It really helped re motivate me.
Hope everyone is keeping well.

idylbrush
04-21-2010, 12:55 PM
Finally got it all functional and taking it to the gallery this afternoon to check it out and see how we can darken the room for the presentation. Hopefully it will be just a case of pulling some shades and then the room will be dark enough. I hope.

Found and online manual today (6 A.M.) and it is a bit better but still lacks a lot of information. Now to box this puppy up and get to the gallery.

Lunch first. Pork Roll sandwich for lunch with brown mustard. YUM!

susme48
04-21-2010, 05:23 PM
Hi all!! Mary, Elaine, Howard...sorry I have been so on and off!

Oh what I would not give for boring....:lol:

Bob did NOT pass his physical...but has till Friday to get his sugar down under 400...sigh....dr. says she will help all she can! We are not ready for him to retire yet...he is not even 60 yet.

He has been working on our old 89 pickup, and it is iffy at best. Lots of hot words have been exchanged so far

The caregiver's brakes failed as she was leaving and she pretty much totaled her car, running off into our frontage and hitting a 'small' tree. Thank God she was ok....but old car so nothing but liability. So the interesting question is does she have enough friends to run her here or am I out of luck until she gets her other vehicle fixed.

Been rather chaotic since I got up...Bob let me sleep in!! He is going to nap now, the heat got to him, and am hoping Bubba follows suit....ah love the quiet!!

OkeeKat
04-21-2010, 06:58 PM
HELLO ALL!!
I'm home again and finaly back on my computer!!
Will try to read some of at least this weeks pages. Been realy busy with my daughter and family up in GA and no time for the computer!
Alls well here!!
I did get to paint, actualy my very first Mural done on my Little Grandson's Wall in his new bedroom of the whole group of Characters from Toy Story!
He just loves Buzz and Woody!
Will post some photos when I get them uploaded from the camera, we got home late monday nite, I crashed after a long day at work yesterday and exhausted today!
Have a show this saturday only so alot to prepare for on friday my day off!
Hope all are well and will try to read more later this eve!
Hugs and luv to all!!

PattiLou
04-21-2010, 07:19 PM
Bob did NOT pass his physical...but has till Friday to get his sugar down under 400...!
:eek: :eek: 400:eek: :eek:

:lol: Funny Carol :lol:

Just passing through. I painted a little bit this afternoon after my meeting, and after talking to the neighbor. I need to quit stopping to talk to the neighbors, they get chatty and I don't get anything done, lol.

Raymo
04-21-2010, 08:47 PM
woke up at 5:30 this AM, sigh, oh well no work today, just play

Did you even get out of your jammies ?

Raymo
04-21-2010, 08:49 PM
Raymo - your brain activities never fail to amze (and amuse) me - thank you :lol:

Ha, I will take that ! At least someone appreciates me.

idylbrush
04-21-2010, 09:08 PM
Well, as with many things in my life, things just didn't work out. The projector was at best weak. The screen didn't work quite as expected and I was really disappointed by the entire experience. So, off to Staples and I am now the owner of a high definition 20" wide screen monitor. The lecture is only 50 pages so it should go fast. I am thinking about 45 minutes or so.

Hopefully someone will find it of interest.

biddlebeach
04-21-2010, 09:15 PM
Did you even get out of your jammies ?
Lord yes,, got Princess all settled in and was off to work,, er,, town by 8 AM,, got my two mile walk in,, actually had time to tan,AND run the vacuum in the shop, then took off with my sis and my niece,, had a great day together,, WERE thinking of geocaching, but no one had the chance to DO anything about getting ready for it,, so we didn't,, just shopped,,ate,, and enjoyed each other,, was great!

no art stores in the area to hit though,, sigh,,

biddlebeach
04-21-2010, 09:20 PM
Well, as with many things in my life, things just didn't work out. The projector was at best weak. The screen didn't work quite as expected and I was really disappointed by the entire experience. So, off to Staples and I am now the owner of a high definition 20" wide screen monitor. The lecture is only 50 pages so it should go fast. I am thinking about 45 minutes or so.

Hopefully someone will find it of interest.

oh Howard,, what a pisser.. oops,, bummer

Raymo
04-21-2010, 09:21 PM
then took off with my sis and my niece,, had a great day together,,

Sounds like you had a nice day....:thumbsup:....is your sis older/younger ? Is she pretty like you ? (am I smooth or what ? Raymo you still have it)

biddlebeach
04-21-2010, 09:25 PM
I DID have a great day today Ray,, and she is older,, and much much hotter,,

VERRY smooooooooth

Raymo
04-21-2010, 09:32 PM
I DID have a great day today Ray,, and she is older,, and much much hotter,,

VERRY smooooooooth

Well, i've never seen her but I have seen hundreds of pics of you. (ok, that was kinda my mini-stalking phase, hehe) Youre a hottie and dont you forget it ! Oh, and I suppose, a tanned hottie....hehe.

biddlebeach
04-21-2010, 09:40 PM
Well, i've never seen her but I have seen hundreds of pics of you. (ok, that was kinda my mini-stalking phase, hehe) Youre a hottie and dont you forget it ! Oh, and I suppose, a tanned hottie....hehe.

HUNDREDS???!!!???!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

EEK!

I am actually kinda HOT right now,:cool:, having a bit of a flash,, hehehe,,
not TOO tanned as I dont get to get in that bed much now, with HRH in the house,, LOL

RPut
04-22-2010, 12:21 AM
Hi All! I'm with Kathy in saying that I'm HOME!! I see Howards garden is flourishing, And Carol is having water adventures, Elaine is keeping us fed, love the raincoats, give Princess a scratch or two, and hugs for Susan and everyone!

I had a GREAT trip!! I love DC!! We were there from Sat. early afternoon and arrived home this evening. I have never walked sooooooo much. Wish I would have taken a step counter. I had two days to myself, left the hotel about 10 and got back around 5ish. First day I went the direction of the White House, WWII memorial, Lincoln memorial, and somehow even found myself walking across the bridge to the Arlington Cemetary. Then back to the Linclon Memorial and back through the mall areas and around the Washington Monument and to the Freer Art Gallery. Then finally started making my way back to the Hotel. And ice on my feet. Back on my feet on Tuesday morning, hit a few of my favorite Smithsonian spots and then the National Art Museum, (Loved it! And the best thing to do it on my own!!) and then the Capitol and once again back to the hotel. Had wonderful food and dining experiences, NO shopping except to pick up something for the kids.

Back to kids tomorrow. Hope they were okay for my sub......

Hugs to All!

susme48
04-22-2010, 02:47 AM
Patti...it has been as high as 795....so 400 is good in comparison.....only once has it been under 100...usually runs 150-200. problem is, some of the things to help sugar....like drinking tons of water, are NOT good for people with congestive heart failure who are on 2-3 drugs to keep water weight down....he is in a catch 22.

See you in the am for coffee if hubby does not rush me out of the house too quickly! :lol:

OkeeKat
04-22-2010, 08:42 AM
Morning all!!
Welcome home too Patti! Glad you enjoyed your trip!
Howard, sorry about the projector! Glad to hear your gardens doing well. gota go back and look at the pics.
Susan, wow his sugar does run hi, hope drs can help and he can get thru that physical!
Mary, glad you enjoyed your day.
Hi Ray!
hi and hugs to all, gota get ready for work, cya later!!

idylbrush
04-22-2010, 09:42 AM
My morning walk in the garden. Things are growing and changes are happening even if on a slow but steady schedule.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Apr-2010/36241-CIMG5472.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Apr-2010/36241-CIMG5475.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Apr-2010/36241-CIMG5477.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Apr-2010/36241-CIMG5478.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Apr-2010/36241-CIMG5479.jpg

During the front garden walkabout I noticed the bird bath was filthy, so, out came the scurby and water and clean and refill. That is when this little fella appeared. Always love the little things in the garden. Always a treasure.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Apr-2010/36241-garden_buddy.jpg

Today is my lecture at the gallery with a small demonstration of techniques. Could be nerve racking. As I get more mature, I find these things more difficult. I want to be more private and less public.

noodle1
04-22-2010, 10:15 AM
Morning all,

Hmm miss a day and it's like missing a month...LOL Coffee here and some juice and bagels.

Welcome home Ruthie, I had fun reading about all the fun you had..so glad you did, feet and all was well worth it huh...LOL

Welcome home to you too Kathie!

Bell terrific news, so happy for you.

Carol this is getting tended to quickly, hurray!

Mary those drawing are terrific, love the head in the hat one..haha

Sue I'm sure Bob has a hard time keeping his numbers where they should be being a truck driver, pretty much eating and exercising not something you can do in a consistent time frame or the right stuff either...I will be praying he passes and gets those numbers down. Hugs cutie.

Raymo my man, hmm wandering around the threads one learns a good deal, now I know where you live...:evil: :lol: :lol:

Howard looking good, sorry your projector didn't do what you hoped it would.
Best of luck with your lecture, sure it will be excellent.

Hi Shirl, Shrl, Linda, Kat, Dee, Sharon good to see you here, found your post yesterday :thumbsup:, Hi Maureen, Kathrin, all the gang and on lookers..haha

Been playing with a pencil, hey like you Mary..haha, just not on my mark with painting, my little daffs aren't making me happy at all...haha

Back to the yard today, played in the dirt almost all day, made some headway, planted a few other little things but I really need a tiller..haha or a young garden guy...:D hmmm

Okay see ya all later off to play in the sun and then off to lunch with a friend.

Hugs all round,
Elaine

dances_with_oils
04-22-2010, 10:41 AM
Morning folks:

Ruthie, glad to see you back. Missed you.

Susan, sorry to hear about Bob's sugar levels. Glad he's home though, you need a break.

Happy to hear you had a good time with your daughter Kathie.

High fives to those who spent a few days being tempted by the warm sun and got out. I'm normally not a green colour person but this time of the year when the trees have that lovely, soft, new green is my favourite time of the year.

We now officially have sold our house and now it's off to buy a new one. We've had our eye on a few properties so hopefully one of them will suit us. We can't leave until after the Mess dinner on the 29th.

I'm going to drag out my paints later today and get started on preparing a large canvas for a commission - deadline is June 29th.

PattiLou
04-22-2010, 11:31 AM
Glad you had a good time Ruthie, but you made my feet hurt just reading all that you did.:D

Susan I think many drugs put people in a catch 22. If you take one to correct a problem it causes another problem, and on and on. It's a never ending cycle. My mother said she felt like throwing them all away and not taking any. I also know truck drivers have a hard time getting the proper food, excercise and rest. Hope everything works.:heart:

Howard what is that little tiny white flower in the next to last picture?... it looks so delicate.

Oh boy, someone is going to be painting up a storm, eh, commission. Good luck Bell, but I know everyone paints faster than me and I look forward to seeing your work.:thumbsup:

Whoopeee!!! We are going to Red Lobster for lunch with some friends. Well, we don't eat out all that much so it is a treat.:lol::lol::lol:

idylbrush
04-22-2010, 11:38 AM
Patti, I rarely eat out and was thinking Chipolte's might make for a good lunch.

The delicate white flower is a euphorbia. Got it at the home depot for 5.00 or less. It will get bigger than this and have a lighter and airier feel to it. I found it to be so delicate and interesting.

Shirl Parker
04-22-2010, 12:41 PM
Bloom-a-rama Bloom #1 of 8 possible blooms.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Apr-2010/113427-P1000985a.jpg

idylbrush
04-22-2010, 12:48 PM
Shirl, lovely color and shading on this flower. DE-lightful.

Found this little fella roaming about my yard. I think it is a black egret. Have never seen one before.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Apr-2010/36241-blackegret.jpg

RPut
04-22-2010, 08:31 PM
A couple of favorites.....

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Apr-2010/117502-IMG_4797.JPG

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Apr-2010/117502-IMG_4815.JPG

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Apr-2010/117502-IMG_4991.JPG

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Apr-2010/117502-IMG_5227.JPG

And a couple new friends I met at the Reflecting Pool.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Apr-2010/117502-IMG_4872.JPG

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Apr-2010/117502-IMG_4876.JPG

Cheers!

noodle1
04-22-2010, 08:46 PM
Howard I had to look twice I thought he was a statue, how cool to have him come visit.

Ruthie great photos, and I'll say it again I'm sooo happy you had such a wonderful time. The little guys now didn't you just want to take one home hahaha I would have.

The more you wander around here the more you meet just the nicest people..haha I tiptoed over to D&S and got my feet wet again with something I haven't used seriously in 40 years..haha a pencil..haha they were so nice and our girl Kathrin well she's just the nicest ever anyway. I'm very disappointed with my daffodil tho, maybe I'm just tired of painting, oh my gosh could that be?
Guess it can happen but sure won't last too long...lol

Just wanted to come in and say goodnight, my allergies are having a field day..haha pollen count around here has been really bad. Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their night, will see you in the morning.

Hugs all round,
Elaine

OkeeKat
04-22-2010, 11:12 PM
Hi all!!
Elaine, Thank so much! Glad to hear you are doing good and getting out! Hope you enjoyed your day! Nite!
Bell, Thank you, Congrats on the sale! Happy Painting!
Patti, Hope you have a fun Lunch!!
Howard, Great photos of your blooming garden, love to see your progress!! Quite an unusual Egret, never seen a black one either!
Shrl, Fabulous color on the beautiful Bloom!
Ruthie, ohhh what great photos, cute duckies, looks like you had a great time!!

Glad my work week is over... phew, I'm exhausted! Met Joe for dinner after I did my hair after work, since he was busy till almost 8pm!, finaly got on here! Tomorrow I'm off and have to get ready for saturdays show!

didn't get any painting done this week, actually haven't put my stuff away yet from my trip so hope to organize that stuff tomorrow too!!
Still haven't downloaded all my photos yet.. might do that now!
Later all!!:wave:

idylbrush
04-22-2010, 11:13 PM
Elaine, yes, it is nice to have the visitors in the yard. My only exception is if they try to eat my goldfish, which this one did not.

tonight was my lecture at the gallery. At quarter of it looked like no one was going to show up. I was very nervous. By 6:01 I had about 28 people waiting to hear what I had to say.... My lecture lasted about 45 minutes and then it was another 35 to 40 minutes with meeting and talking after I had finished. All told it was about 20 of eight by the time I got out of there. The gallery director told me that was the biggest attendance of any lecture this season. Not too bad considering that we are out of the season for tourists and it had to be local artist and collectors. It one of the local artists is a very prominent figure in the art in public places committee. I was surprised to see her since she rarely attends these kind of meetings. Afterward everyone was quite complementary and many were surprised that the meaning within my paintings. The gallery director was replaced with the entire event and how it turned out. I had some great conversations with people afterward. Some of the people were a bit blown away by the amount of work that went into the lecture, mostly by the amount of research. One thing I seem to be able to do is research.

Now to get to my studio. I really do need to do some major cleaning out and clearing out. It's gotten to the point where I can barely move around and it is my desire to have more organization and better utilization of space. It may require the destruction of some of the older artworks sometimes in life you have to tear down in order to rebuild.

In the garden today I think that I saw where some cucumbers have set. They are still very small but they haven't fallen off the vine and the flowers have been gone for a couple days. The tomatoes I planted just two weeks ago from seedlings have shown signs of flowers. And they have about doubled in size than the last two weeks. I guess I need to figure out some sort of tomato cage. Some heavy ones that I had seen early in the year seem to be off the market right now. I'm starting to have a craving for cream of tomato soup, make that cream of roasted tomato soup. I have recently been sautéing snow peas and just a little bit of butter, just enough to give it flavor and help them brown little bit but the tender pods are just incredible. No salt other than what's in the butter and just a slight, light dusting of pepper. Makes me happy.

It seems that the new windows are going to be in about two weeks or so. I am anxious to get it done and get it over with. It surely would make me happy to get this over with. that will be the end of any construction for this year I hope. I've had quite enough. It has been over a busy winter and very stressful and it's time to rest.

noodle1
04-23-2010, 11:12 AM
Morning Everyone,

Oh Howard now that wouldn't be good, didn't think about the fish.
Happy your to hear your lecture was a success!

Good, good morning as well to Robert, Raymo my man, Shirl, Shrl, Linda, Sue, Kathrin, Kathie, Bell, Dee, Sharon, Ruthie, Mary, Carol, Maureen, Patti,
all the gang.

Beautiful day here, but the pollen has got me oakin' and moanin'...LOL well not really but running eyes, sneezing and a stuffy head doesn't have me all that excited bout going outside either..hahaha But I'm going..haha just going to take another look see at the little nursery by me, this time of year it's my substitution for art supply shops..LOL No passion left unturned, flowers and paint just kill my budget but it dies happy....:D

Wishing everyone a wonderful day and I will see you all later.

Hugs all round,
Elaine

idylbrush
04-23-2010, 11:36 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Apr-2010/36241-ticketmagazinearticle.jpg

This was in yesterday's papers which may account for why I had so many people in attendance. I also heard a lot of people say that they saw an article on Facebook about it. For whatever reason they showed up.

My little black Egret showed up again this morning but he seems to be totally ignoring the pond. He's far more interested in bugs and lizards. Totally makes me happy. As long he stays out of the pond he/she is more than welcome in my yard.

I may not do a thing today. Thinking about going up to the home center and getting a few plants for the yard but that may be the extent of my activity for the day. Last night took a great deal of energy out of me and I just feel as though I need to recuperate a little bit. Something I don't allow myself to do very often.

When I get back on my feet though watch out! The studio is about to be destroyed and rebuilt. After hard seasons work it becomes quite a mess. Last year I moved my computer from my bedroom to the studio and this year I'm considering taking it back into the bedroom we shall see.

biddlebeach
04-23-2010, 01:12 PM
Hey, Hey, Hey, it's a brand new day!
well okay, it WAS a brand new day several hours ago,,
Didn't get a chance to get in here till now, worked this Am,, got done early, left the Princess home for that short time, came home to let her out, grab some lunch, and wait it out until time to drop off my stuff for the art show again at the Depot. This year's theme for this show is "Treasure Map" the big rock that I painted is a huge treasure around here so, that will be going in.
Hope every one is having a wonderful day today! will catch you all later!

idylbrush
04-23-2010, 09:13 PM
Managed to do very little today which is so much not me.

Watered the new sprouting grass and picked uo two more ornamental peanut plants.

Rested and ate most of the day. Didn't even pull weeds but did put down some seed growth inhibitor and some compost here and there.

Need to do a bit of watering to maintain growth.

Lazy day.

dances_with_oils
04-23-2010, 10:51 PM
Whoohoo Howard, "creating vast space on a canvas"... love it...

This house hunting malarky is driving me nuts.... who nickle and dimes over 4 year old appliances? Hmm... the sellers are... they could lose the deal over a microwave...lol

susme48
04-23-2010, 11:14 PM
Elaine...thanks!! He passed the physical...but she is going to make him 'toe the line'!! Hope you had fun!!

Bell....I wish I got a break when he is at home....sigh!! Just more laundry, and I have to cook a full meal...meat and potatoes kind...no casseroles every night. He will not eat left overs. And for some strange reason, Bubba 'clings' to me, most of the time Bob is home....go figure. So far we have had some lovely little 'fusses'....got to tow the old 89 pickup twice....no luck so far getting it to run.

Yesterday, trying to turn the wheel....I strained my wrist which had been broken in 5 places ...yesterday I could feel them all....lol I have had it wrapped, and it is ok, unless I put any pressure on it.

Howard...love the black egret! And your garden is wonderful!! Nice article!!

Ruthie....awwwww such adorable friends.....wow!

We are being skirted by the big storms....some rain....the thunder has occasionally be deafening....and of course the internet is in and out. But we made it thru' another day!

Big hugs to all!!

dances_with_oils
04-23-2010, 11:44 PM
Aww Susan, I had hoped you might be getting a little reprieve. I wish I could figure out a way to get your truck back. Hang in there, you are certainly accumulating angel points with the big guy upstairs.

well it looks like we got our house... it's not the one in the little hamlet of 60 souls, there was to much additional work needed to be done and with it being in rural Alberta, we might not have had too much luck getting the trades in to complete it. So we went for a house in town, way more expensive but at least we don't have to do anything right away... fencing, basement, landscaping, painting deck has all been done. Oh and we got the appliances... *devilish grin here*. We do have a few conditions and the big one being we have to inspect the house once we're out there along with a home inspection to follow.

I actually did some painting today... I managed to prep all the canvases I'll be working on over the next few weeks. I have a big commission to do for the end of June - so that one I gessoed and sketched out today.

More painting tomorrow.. whhhoooo hooo...

idylbrush
04-24-2010, 09:05 AM
Up at 5:30, got the landscape peanuts planted with the 10.00 holes, watered the veggie garden and finished up the 5" wide removal of grass along the edge of the flower beds. Have just the front yard left to do now. That is the smallest area.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Apr-2010/36241-CIMG5500.jpg
the summer rye is beginning to grow, now to wait for the bahia to sprout.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Apr-2010/36241-CIMG5498.jpg
Newest tritoma flower
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Apr-2010/36241-CIMG5497.jpg
bell peppers
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Apr-2010/36241-CIMG5492.jpg
Fuschia, flower thingie
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Apr-2010/36241-CIMG5491.jpg
white walking iris.

Raymo
04-24-2010, 03:35 PM
At 5 in the morning he grabs my hand and starts biting it and brings his hind legs up and starts thumping my hand with his paws...."leave me alone, you little punk"....he then comes up, gets on my chest and stands on it like a conqueror as he stares into my face...."why you little punk" :cat:

biddlebeach
04-24-2010, 04:38 PM
At 5 in the morning he grabs my hand and starts biting it and brings his hind legs up and starts thumping my hand with his paws...."leave me alone, you little punk"....he then comes up, gets on my chest and stands on it like a conqueror as he stares into my face...."why you little punk" :cat:

Poor Ray,, sorry dear,, but that there, Is FUNNY!!

*dee*
04-24-2010, 05:40 PM
Hi y'all! :wave:

Been crazy at work....short-handed AGAIN. :mad: I just don't care to work as much as I have been lately! :rolleyes:

Howard, I would have LOVED to sit in on your presentation! I'm sure it was great!

Now that the weather is clearing & my brother will be getting off my desktop to go ride his Harley.....I'll be able to post pics of the portrait I'm currently working on. (I might of been hateful to him when we were kids....but I'm sharing & kind now! :lol: )

noodle1
04-24-2010, 06:59 PM
Hi Everyone,

Great news Bell! I'm really happy for you..hurray!!

Howard wonderful pixs of your garden but that little last flower is soo pretty, don't think I've ever seen one of that kind.

Raymo my man, did I not tell you bout cats..LOL they love ya but would be the first to eat ya given the chance...roflol Merywn is just giving ya a heads up to the truth of that. LOL LOL LOL You must be one tasty morsel..haha

Sue oh my gosh girl, sorry bout your poor hand. And sorry about the old truck I too wish there was something more I could do then keep saying I'm sorry. :o Happy to hear tho that Bob passed! He's gotta toe the line, I just ended up very disappointed with my BP, it worked dropping that one pill for about two weeks then I got slammed big time, had to go back on the beta blockers, we both need to watch so tell him I said to be good! :wink2: Or... I'll think of something give me a minute...hahaha And thank you for taking a peek at my drawing. You're always so kind to me.

Hi Mary how's it all going with you girl?

Hi Dee, I thought you were probably very busy, now time for some fun I hope. I suspect you have always been sharing and kind cutie...and can't wait to see what you've been painting.

Beautiful sunny warm day here. Larry out making the lawn look good, told him if he did as much with the house we'd have a mansion..haha not going to happen tho, it's the farmer gene, outside, green grass and fresh air..haha
inside sleep and eat...:D He can be surprising tho he just had me order a pizza for dinner...YAY don't have to cook. :thumbsup:

Big hello too to Kathrin, Maureen, Carol, Patti, Ruthie, Shirl, Linda, Shrl, Robert, Kathie, Sharon.... all the gang. Hope you all had a terrific day so far.

Later gang,
Hugs all round,
Elaine

susme48
04-24-2010, 07:54 PM
YAY, Bell!!! This is your week!!

Lovely Howard!! I espescially like the name of the one flower...."Fuschia, flower thingie" :D

Ray sounds like you really have him 'trained'!

Elaine...sorry is ok...I absolutely don't expect anyone to DO anything....just have to vent sometimes! As far as being kind....how can I not? Someone with as big a heart as you have is impossible not to be nice to...see even Larry is not making you cook (tho' I imagine the takeout is so he does not have to go OUT to eat....:lol:)

Did something unusual for Water Valley today...:eek: we went grocery shopping in the big rig. Alot of amazement on some faces...especially when he put the handicapped hanger in the front...:lol: I hate the steps to this one...the first one is normal, the second one is up almost 2 feet, and I just cannot pull myself up comfortably...between my hip, and knees ...cheap dudes could have put 3 steps!

biddlebeach
04-24-2010, 07:58 PM
Evening ya'll!
Busy day today, the lady who owns the motel I work at, had to take a trip to Delaware, where her kids live, to go see her daughter who suffered a miscarriage, so myself and the other cleaning gal were on our own this weekend, which is not a big deal,, USUALLY,, BUT ,, we ended up cleaning 6 rooms and spotting 4 , they had a full house! hardly EVER happens on a Saturday, and if so, we usually don't do them all, as she doesn't need them,, for Saturday night.. all she had to do was go away,, LOL
didn't get done till almost 1:30, and even started early ! came home and was really really tired,,painted a bit, thought I ruined my painting, then thought I better step away from it. LOL,, not much else going on,, good to see everyone!

biddlebeach
04-24-2010, 08:43 PM
Did something unusual for Water Valley today...:eek: we went grocery shopping in the big rig. Alot of amazement on some faces...especially when he put the handicapped hanger in the front...:lol: I hate the steps to this one...the first one is normal, the second one is up almost 2 feet, and I just cannot pull myself up comfortably...between my hip, and knees ...cheap dudes could have put 3 steps!

hehe,, bet they gave you some looks! like, :lol::lol:What the huh???:confused::confused:

idylbrush
04-24-2010, 11:37 PM
Sue, what fun, bet you guys turned a few heads.

Had a good morning but this afternoon, well, let's just say it was a letdown overall. Tried to download a rented movie this evening and it burped . Now to get the movie, I have to rent it again, and that was one of the better parts.