PDA

View Full Version : Shore Temple

VENKAT
04-18-2010, 01:07 AM
I am presenting a view of the ruins of a temple near the shore, in southern part of India .Dating back to 7th century, it is declared as a Heritage site by UNESCO .
Acrylics ; Size 24 X 18 inches . Texture of stone created by scratching .
C and C welcome
Venkat

Kathrin G.
04-18-2010, 07:02 AM
amazing work on the stones Venkat :clap: :clap: :clap:

purplepansey
04-18-2010, 07:40 AM
Ditto to what Kathrin says above, it is amazing

JeanneCowan
04-18-2010, 08:24 AM
Very intricate work!!

noodle1
04-18-2010, 08:44 AM
Your style is amazing and this is no exception. Just my thinking here but your sky , which is lovely by itself, seems to be in a bit of contradiction to your stone work. And the only reason I say that is, because that gorgeous stone work area looks in a way like that it was pasted on. Your stones seem to sit on the surface sharply. Just me but I would like to see you meld the two together more. This is fantastic work tho but seems disconnected because of the differences...hope you don't mind it's just what I see.

Elaine

arl
04-18-2010, 08:53 AM
Wonderful use of texture.

VENKAT
04-18-2010, 09:20 AM
Kathrin, Luv, JeanneCowan, Arl. Thank you all for your encouraging comments,

Elaine : You are absolutely right. The painted sky indeed strikes a discordant note. Perhaps one could view this purely from point of view of texture ,where the sky and cloud have smooth texture so different from stone.
Venkat

M Douglas
04-18-2010, 01:32 PM
Lovely, and so detailed, i'm not sure I would have the patience lol.

Melodie

LavenderFrost
04-18-2010, 01:44 PM
It's wonderful, and I like the contrast between stone and sky.

Artchrispy
04-21-2010, 04:34 PM
Wow! Incredible work here. Love how you handled the sculptures around the temple. Looks like there are at least three figures plus a bull, maybe a lamb, and a monkey wearing a hat? (middle left) Love your style. Bet this looks fantastic in person. I've been using some scratching techniques just in my regular acrylics. I did a stone angel and scratched in a lot of texture in the stone. I scratched right down to the gessoed canvas but didnt hurt the canvas at all or penetrate the gesso. Thanks for posting here.