PDA

View Full Version : Pony

CreeDykins
04-17-2010, 07:02 PM
Really loved painting this - met this gentle and so friendly character whilst out on a walk last weekend. Duly took lots of pics and couldn't wait to get home and paint her. Theres plenty I would change but I'm pretty happy with it....think I'm getting better with each one I paint...hopefully. Anyways, CC very, very, welcome.

http://i924.photobucket.com/albums/ad88/Cree_012/DSCF3657.jpg

Danielle545
04-17-2010, 07:12 PM
Why would you want to change anything at all? I think it looks wonderful. Good job on this one!

Danielle

noodle1
04-17-2010, 07:13 PM
Even if it's been said before Welcome!

You didn't miss a beat with this, it's just wonderful.
But want to ask was this pony as thick all the way down from the forehead?
I'm not even close to being an expert at animal paintings, in fact I fail with them more times then not, was curious because it took my attention away from the whole...is wonderfully done indeed!

Elaine

CreeDykins
04-17-2010, 07:27 PM
Hmmm, you got me wondering now Elaine....I did use a grid to measure it all....I will post the original photo too ;-) Thanks by the way, its the first bit of cc I've had so far - I really do want and need it, lol!
Original photo:-
http://i924.photobucket.com/albums/ad88/Cree_012/DSCF3594.jpg

CreeDykins
04-17-2010, 07:30 PM
Thanks Danielle - I think I possibly overworked the hair on the face and the ears are perhaps too bright...and I don't like how I did the errant bit of mane...I do like the muzzle bit though ;-)

Kathrin G.
04-17-2010, 08:01 PM
It is a lovely painting and I wouldnt change a thing :)
If you want nitpick c+c ....you shortened the nose a touch which gives him a shorter and more compact head. Your photo has the white nose pretty bright, so you are missing out on some bone structure info there, guess this is what Elaine picked up on. But unless you know your horses very well (like our Elaine, even tho she doesnt readily admit it :wink2: LOL) no one would take any notice.
As I said, I wouldnt change a thing, its lovely as it is :thumbsup:

M Douglas
04-17-2010, 11:19 PM
Lovely, it look good to me.

Melodie

snowfall
04-18-2010, 05:17 AM
Beautifully done.

Pam

purplepansey
04-18-2010, 07:28 AM
I don't know how it could get much better than it is. Love it.

JeanneCowan
04-18-2010, 08:21 AM
Beautiful work!

ladypainter
04-18-2010, 09:58 AM
Beautiful. Needs no changes from what I can see.:thumbsup:

Lady Carol
04-18-2010, 10:46 AM
Awesome. Well done. Detail is very nice.

LavenderFrost
04-18-2010, 01:35 PM
Very nice! The character is definitely there.

CreeDykins
04-18-2010, 06:59 PM
Ah thanks Kathrin - now you have pointed it out, I can see that the nose is a bit shorter...thats whats so great about a fresh set of eyes ;-) Yup, agree also the nose is a bit too bright and undefined - I am struggling with a rubbish printer which prints everything way too dark, to compensate I have to manually adjust the brightness and lose some detail as a result. I guess I should sit and look at the pc whilst I paint for a more detailed version, lol. Thanks loads ;-)
Thanks also to everyone else for such lovely comments - it means a heck of a lot to me to get approval from artists as opposed to friends/members of my family who tend to be too nice to say what they really think, lol