PDA

View Full Version : I'd love some advice!

Just Ami
04-13-2010, 03:32 PM
I've only just started working on acrylics and canvas. I normally do more ink wash on scannable sizes or digital work. My biggest problem, though, is photographing my painting!

When I try to take a picture of the painting I'm working on or have finished, the picture is always bad. I mean, I look around at people who photograph their paintings, and I feel like my photos never capture all the details like everyone else. When I try to focus in on the details of the painting, it always seems to be slightly blurry or too dark.

My husband loves photography, so I have a slew of cameras to pick from. Higher up cameras to little pocket digital cameras. I seem to take bad photos of paintings with every one of them! :confused:

I'd like some advice about settings, lens, camera, lighting, etc. you use to take photos of your work? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm tired of only having bad photos of my paintings to show friends and family. :eek:

gaykir
04-13-2010, 03:43 PM
This may help...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Articles2/15/105/

:thumbsup:

Rick G
04-13-2010, 05:03 PM
I photograph a lot of artwork in my giclee business and last year I put together an outline for a course for artists that I taught on how to use a digital camera to photograph their paintings. I've posted it before, but I'll upload the PDF again. Hopefully, it will be of help to you.

Just Ami
04-13-2010, 11:57 PM
Thanks to both of you! I'll check those out and see if I can turn out some better photos now! :thumbsup: