PDA

View Full Version : Yosemite Falls. X posted SB art

VENKAT
04-13-2010, 08:50 AM
I work entirely in acrylics even for Scratchboard . Hence this post in this channel. Many members expressed that I should do a WIP after viewing my
' Bhuddist Cave' posted in this channel on 23rd Jan 2010.
Here is a view of ' yosemite Falls . using for reference EngineerChris's wonderful photo WC-RIL . This was done on home made board using acrylic paste. The size is 11 x 14 inches . I have included a shot while the work was in progress midway through. This gives an idea of my method . I use transparent diluted acrylic paint .
I wish to express my thanks to EngineerChris for his photo in RIL.

Please feel free to express your opinion.
Venkat

ladypainter
04-13-2010, 09:13 AM
This is beautiful and very interesting kind of work. Do you paint color on the board then cover it then scratch it off?? I am not familiar with this technique so just curious.It has a really nice affect to it.

arl
04-14-2010, 07:51 AM
This is lovely. I like the texture you achieved with the scratch board.

plec
04-14-2010, 08:10 AM
really good piece and the textures you have achieved are excellent. Looking forward to seeing more.
Best wishes, Ken.

LavenderFrost
04-14-2010, 11:40 AM
Wonderful!

noodle1
04-14-2010, 01:57 PM
Very well done, will enjoy seeing more of your work.

Elaine

VENKAT
04-15-2010, 01:04 AM
Elinor: Since I always work on white boards I lay in colors first and then scratch. The colors have to be deeper to make allowance for scratching which exposes white.thereby lightening the shade. Thank you for viewing

Arl Thank you . For certain subjects where brush and paint cannot create textural effect , I use scratchboard

Elaine : Thank you . I will be happy to post more of these .

Venkat

Ken : Thank you for your appreciation . Nowadays I do all my acrylic works in
on scratchboard including landscapes and archaeological subjects.

Lavenderfrost : Thank you for viewing and for your comments

ladypainter
04-18-2010, 09:40 AM
Thanks for your reply Venkat. I will also look up scratch board painting. I think I would like to give it a try .

Roun2it
04-18-2010, 09:59 AM
Very interesting ... great textures.

M Douglas
04-18-2010, 01:30 PM
Wow, beautiful piece, thanks for sharing how you work.

Melodie