PDA

View Full Version : Colorfix drying time

Potoma
04-12-2010, 02:49 PM
I used a foam board and some acrylic paint under clear Colorfix. Am waiting on the latter to dry.

If you use either Colorfix or a prepared pumice/Golden surface, how long do you wait for it to dry? I've heard overnight, but I really want to start this ASAP.

Suggestions? I'm not above using a hairdryer!

Colorix
04-12-2010, 04:29 PM
Bonnie, love how you put the cake under the icing! :-D

When it is warm and dry to the touch. If you use a hairdryer, then the surface may dry before the deeper layers, but if you're willing to experiment, let us know. (I'd do it too.)

Charlie

Potoma
04-12-2010, 04:53 PM
I decided to put it in my hot car in the sun. Can't hurt. I do have ridges from the foam brush that will extend drying time.

This time, the cake is a virtual rainbow with stripes of different acrylic underpainting. I am considering the 8x10 painting (plein air on white Wallis Pro) that's going to the GLPS national show to be a study for something larger which uses different techniques. I need to ship the one out in a few days, so I want to work on this one, which will go in my Featured Artist 10 Mile Radius exhibit in June in place of the one leaving that would have been in it.

Potoma
04-12-2010, 07:42 PM
I believe about 3-4h in the hot car in the sun did the trick.