PDA

View Full Version : Can I change my original subject line in my thread?

Tom Behnke
03-30-2010, 02:09 AM
Hi.

I have been posting my timed sketch exercises, and don't want to clutter the studio with a new thread for each batch. however when I post new ones in the thread, the subject line for the original thread stays the same, so it doesn't looke like anything new was added. I am thinking that other people who have already read the original thread will not know there is anything new in there. I am looking for feedback on any progression I am making (which isn't apparent to me, lol), so I would like people to revisit the thread and give me objective advices. Is there a way to change the title subject line to let people know there are more or updated pics, or do I have to just make a new thread?

Thanks

*Deirdre*
03-30-2010, 04:47 AM
You can change it yourself....but only up to an hour from your original post...after that a moderator can do it for you.

I suggest you either pm them or hit the red triangle top right of your post...and ask if they will add UPDATE 1/2/3 or whatever number it is - if you are planning a few. you should also put it in your post so that those who subscribed will be notified. Hope that helps!

Paula Ford
03-30-2010, 12:17 PM
Tom,

When you go into your original thread and add to it in the "Go Advanced" screen, you can also change the title of your updated post. That does not change the title of the whole thread though. So, when the notification emails are sent out, the new title is reflected in the email, which alerts everyone to come back to the original thread. Hope that makes sense.

Yorky
03-30-2010, 01:00 PM
It is usual to rely on members interested in following your thread to subscribe to the thread so they get an update email when someone posts to the thread.

It wouldn't be possible to change the main title for every update.

Best to choose a title that indicates that the thread is a continuing thread and mention the fact in your first post.

Doug

Paula Ford
03-30-2010, 01:58 PM
Best to choose a title that indicates that the thread is a continuing thread and mention the fact in your first post.

That's a great idea Doug!!

Colorix
03-30-2010, 03:44 PM
Mention it in the title, too.