PDA

View Full Version : Joe Singer ?

jaytee
03-17-2010, 04:06 PM
I've not had time to paint recently...... but my bedtime reading has been Joe Singer's books.....How to Paint Protraits in Pastel and How to Paint Figures in Pastel .... I loved them both ( bought one after reading the other.. and now have two more on order!) because of the quality of the information but even more because of his forthright and humorous writing style....... I even read bits out to a non painting friend who is staying with me a the moment !

.. but when I Google him (every which way) I can find nothing but references to his books and his translations of his father's and Uncles writing's.... not a single biography... which seems very odd!

Can anyone here cast any light on this mystery for me ???

DAK723
03-18-2010, 12:21 AM
Sorry, but couldn't find anything on Joe Singer, either, aside from his editing and authoring a number of art books, primarily for Watson Guptill in the 1970's. Since most of the books are older and out-of-print, Joe seems to be a forgotten man!

I had never heard of Joe Singer until your post - now I'm curious, too!

Don

jaytee
03-18-2010, 09:03 AM
Don.... his opinions were very outspoken........ makes you wonder !!!

There are masses of inexpensive copies floating around on Amazon.com ........ I got most of mine from USA........ first came across them on Ebay......they are crammed with illustrations.... and some well described step by steps.........though mostly black and white back then....

... cant wait to see if you buy one and what you think of it.....