PDA

View Full Version : Weeders' Weekly: Mar 15-22

Charlie's Mum
03-15-2010, 08:41 AM
Last week's is here (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=611652&page=2)....... including birthday wishes for Helen - and I'm pleased the uploader worked for Sharron after I'd broken it!!!

Happy Monday and start of new week Gang - hope it's all good and Spring has Sprung! (well, in the northern hemisphere anyway:D)

Beth hope you're feeling better today:)

Scatt - you made me laugh - no sheep here!! I was watching the BBC programme 'Lambing Live' from a farm in Wales with Kate Humble - been on each night last week.:D Do you get the BBC progs?

Hoping to get a little done in the garden but it's really blustery today - typical March day - however, the temps are climbing at last - it's 50F today - phew - how will I cope with the heat?!!!!!:rolleyes:

Anyway, coffee and O juice are there for you - sorry I finished the toast earlier :evil:

cya later :wave:

artastic
03-15-2010, 08:59 AM
morning Maureen!
fresh strawberries for everyone! a sure sign of spring (the annual strawberry fair is in a few weeks)
Alain: congrats on the juried show, both are true beauties, you are talented artist!
Helen belated happy birthday wishes

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Mar-2010/104250-catwithballoons.gif

I started another 4 paintings this weekend, one for a commission, a couple I had half started months ago, and one from the landscape challenge
spend hours drawing Sat, have not put paint to paper yet, but did get a few small ones done for the WDE.

got 3 paintings delivered for our gallery members show next week, it is up for 10 days.
and SPRING has SPRUNG, can't say enough how glad I am!
the birds aren't back yet, but the trees are starting to bud.

have a great week everyone!

Catherine1
03-15-2010, 10:16 AM
Good Morning All.. I have been lurking and reading all the postings here for a long time and I guess I should come out of the shadows a bit.

I have really enjoyed the WDEs and looking at everyone's work has been great fun. It really is helping to make me a better artist. Such talent here!

The mention of lambing brings back many memories... I have alpine goats.. Haven't been able to breed the girls for two years, but I sure do miss the kids and the snuggles. Don't miss the long nights or the numbing cold though. But it was never the girls who freshened at the worst times, it was always the cattle or sheep.

Alain.. I love your pics. You are a wonderful artist and the time and study you put into your art shows. Congrats..

Beth I hope your feeling better.
Happy birthday to Helen... :clap: Ah.. to be 21 again.. ;-) I'm kinda stuck at 39.. I keep telling myself as long as I feel like I'm 39 and there is still a bit of hair coloring left in the bottle I can get away with it..

Our temps are up here too. Spring is my favorite time of year. Hope everyone is warming up.. The Dr. said I can go play in the dirt if I don't over do it so Hubby is getting my hot boxes set up. Can't wait!

Hope everyone has a great week.

Catherine

Signchick
03-15-2010, 11:36 AM
Hi everybody! I am still really sick, so I'll just say HI!! :wave:

My sinuses are draining and my lungs hurt. I can't quit coughing!! I have a dr. appt at 10:15 tomorrow so today, I just suffer. I haven't been this sick in over 5 years. It's a bummer! http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Mar-2010/110446-01_cold1.gif

Happy belated Birthday, Helen!!! A Birthday WDE... how fun!! ((HUGS))

I am at work, but only because I had to. I'm greeting customers with a handkerchief over my nose and mouth, so I won't get anyone else sick. :o

Is it nap time yet? http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Mar-2010/110446-001_wink1.gif

eyepaint
03-15-2010, 11:46 AM
Happy Monday!

Yesterday was Albert Einstein's birthday, and it was PI dayn (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pi_day) ... did anyone eat p-i-e to celebrate? :)

We've got the same rain as Maureen has, though we got some snow on Thursday (in March!!)

There's Spring in SK for Bonnie - yay!

Catherine - great that you joined us :)

Beth - sorry to hear that you're ill. Take it easy and get yourself some rest and fluids.

Paulafv
03-15-2010, 12:16 PM
Happy Belated Birthday, Helen. We share the same month, as well as year I think.
Baby looks so aware and adorable. I wonder if he looks somewhat like you?

Alain, Congratulations. I remember the painting of your son and his child from the WDE. It deserves recognition. "Christmas Morning" is another beautiful wc painting.

It is raining so long and hard here in the Boston area, the water is running down the street like a river with only the center of the road visible here and there. It pours out of the woods across the street and our yards are thoroughly saturated. We are on top of a hill, so it runs down from here, and we've never had flooding inside. It's a time I'm grateful I don't live on the banks of a river or downstream. The rest of the week should be in the 50's and sunny to dry up all the rain. We could still get a blizzard here, but looking forward to spring and outdoors.

Beth, don't know how to make someone breathe better if they insist on smoking. I gave up in 1984, cold turkey on New Year's Eve, just before it became a rule not to smoke in meetings at my office. Best thing I ever did for myself. I'm still at greater risk for lung cancer or something related. Went from 3-4 packs a day to 0. I was a dedicated smoker, and if I could do it, anyone could. I used the principles of "smoke enders" and began in June to plan for New Year's Eve. My cousin and his wife stopped smoking using the same principles I described to them during their daughter's wedding, while they were outside for a smoke break. Principles are: smoke up a storm for every event, coffee, tea, about to do dishes, light a smoke; when you stop you don't just want a smoke with coffee or after a meal, you have programmed your mind to want to smoke for everything. It's overload to the brain and effective. After a couple of weeks of wanting a cig for everything, you finally don't want a repeat and stay away from cigarettes forever. It's self-delusion of the finest kind.

If it were warmer out, I could float down the street on a rubber boat. Twinkle Toes would love it. It's good the devoted puddle jumper isn't here today.

Paula, past puddle jumper (a long time past)

Charlie's Mum
03-15-2010, 01:20 PM
Beth, hope the Dr. has some magic for you tomorrow.

Forgot to mention that it was our Mothering Sunday yesterday - it's an Age-old custom here that mid-Lent Sunday was the day the 'Lady of the Manor' allowed the servants to make a cake to take home on a visit to their mothers ..... they had to work the rest of the time!!! The Church services for Mothering Sunday are usually lovely times.

Last night at dusk, Hadrian's Wall (the Roman Wall in the North of England) was lit up right across the country - video and explanation (http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/hundreds-take-part-in-carlisle-procession-as-roman-wall-lit-up-1.683237?referrerPath=entertainments/film) - it's a major part of our heritage up here - been here for more than 2000 years. Wallsend is the far side of the river from us - the Eastern end of the Wall - and there were 80 milecastles lit up, with beacons in between and all the forts too. The wall eventually ends at the Solway Firth on the Irish Sea coast. Quite a sight!

Managed an hour or so in the garden this afternoon, at least I've made a difference to one of the beds! Very blustery though - not pleasant.

Paula - we visited the Boston area (Marblehead) in '99 - is The Big Hole still in the middle of Boston? I think it even had a website but I haven't looked for years! Massachusetts is a lovely State - but so is the rest of New England. :)

missswiss
03-15-2010, 02:56 PM
Hi all,
Sorry you are under the weather Beth. Hope you are on the mend real soon.
Hi Maureen, thanks for the refreshments. I just put a pheasant in the oven for supper. I do not know if I have ever eaten one before, but come home yesterday to a strange bird in my fridge. Oldest son had been hunting.
Hi Bonnie, I see you are as busy as ever. Never a dull moment is there?
Hi Catherine. Welcome to the weeder. Soon you will feel like you know everyone here and care about them too. I have even been fortunate enough to meet some in person and they have been just what they appear to be here. Great fun. I see you are from Ohio. Me too, Clarington.
Hi EP. You asked on the other site about the upside down drawing and using the grid. Yes I liked it. I think I will try it again this week. Practice, right?
Alain, Congrats on getting the pictures in the show. They were both great. We have a art show coming up the end of April and I do not have anything ready. Grrrr.
A friend and I are going to classes this week end. One is for clay monoprints and the other is more on doing our own thing and coming up with something. These are both new to me so am looking forward to it.
Paula. Glad you live high and are staying out of the water. Am praying those who live here will be able to get through this with the river not overflowing. It is high but looks like they may miss it this time, but with the rainy season to really get under way it is a worry to those along the rivers and creeks. They are saying we are going to get another big snow. Our all wheel drive had to be towed on Sat. night, so hope it is fixed before another one comes along. We were thinking we could park it until next winter, but may have to have it a bit longer.
Hi to all who will coming along. Have a good week everyone.
Oh, Helen that little one is filling out and he is so adorable. Give him a hug for me.

Scattykat
03-15-2010, 06:13 PM
Maureen, neat video, loved Hadrians wall when we visited years ago - and yeah we get BBC here, but I don't watch a lot of telly. I'll take the OJ, so good at keeping colds at bay, and pour a double for Beth, hope you feel well soon. Hi busy Bonnie, how do you do so much,and Hi Catherine, enjoy yer hot boxes. Hi EP :wave: and Paula, ooh puddles, what an excuse to get yer wellies wet :D Mary hope the present of the pheasant was pleasant :lol:
Now come on you wondrous weeders, there's still a few places left on the windows project, you know you wanna go press that lil ole signup button, tis gonna be such fun. Already got 4 painted, and have lots of refs, so hard to choose, lollylolly theres some bootiful windows out ther....:clap:
chow fer now peeps :clap:

l Heather l
03-16-2010, 01:18 AM
Hi Everyone :wave:

I'm hosting a weekly drawing thread in the D & S forum if you want to join in. Here's the link http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=612635

Happy Birthday Helen (you're not getting older you're getting better ;))
Congrats Alain on the show! Bonnie, wow you have a busy week ahead! I'll be praying for ya! :D Hi Catherine! Have fun in the snow :lol: Beth, sorry you're sick, hope you feel better soon:( Hi EP:wave: Paula that's amazing quitting cold turkey like that! You have great willpower :thumbsup: Hi Maureen, Mary and Skatty. Enjoy your week guys :thumbsup:

Helen
03-16-2010, 10:17 AM
I haven't had time to read and haven't finished the galleries for the weekend but we're off to the windy city for a few days so it's not going to get done until the weekend. Heather, I did read yours and thanks for the reminder, I haven't done one of those in forever... will do when I get back.

Charlie's Mum
03-16-2010, 10:30 AM
Enjoy yourselves Helen - more pics on the menu for later eh? :D

Sharrm
03-16-2010, 12:12 PM
and I'm pleased the uploader worked for Sharron after I'd broken it!!!

You know me Maureen, I just did my Witchy Dance http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Mar-2010/32965-FriendWitchyDance.gif
no uploader is going to get the best of me!!! :evil: :lol:

Beth I hope you feel better soon. What are you doing at work you get to bed and get healthy again. We can't have you sick. My dance is for you too!!
Helen, have a good trip, and you too Scatty, off to merry England. Try to keep in touch.
Paula, bravo with the smoking, I quit the same way cold turkey, kept ciggies in the house too. That really helped me, knowing I could have one if I really wanted. Yes, the habit bit is to do with drinking coffee, and after eating. I started changing them before I quit. That's what you have to change the most. It's been since 2003 now for me. Never had another. I smoked close to three packs a day. I never realized how glued I was to them, until after. Hardly anyone smokes here anymore. You very seldom see anyone smoking. I guess partly because of our laws now about smoking. It's what has helped... no smoking in Bars, or Malls or Buildings, or just by doors outside, it has to be so many feet away, or smoking in Cars with children in them. Or Cabs, or Buses. I don't know all of them now, but you're lucky if you can smoke in your own house I think :lol:.

Hi to anyone I've missed, have a good week all!!

Catherine1
03-16-2010, 08:44 PM
Thanks everyone for the welcome. It was such a nice day here. We even had a cookout! Putting seeds in tomorrow.

Paula-- We have lots of sunshine here.. and hope you all get some of this weather too!

Mary-- I live near Wellsville-- your 2 hours down river, so to speak

Beth-- I hope you had a chance to get home and rest. Sorry your hubby is having trouble. There are some things you can do about the house to help. Sometimes little things can make a big difference because they all add up.

Scattykat--ooh puddles, what an excuse to get yer wellies wet What are wellies? Just have to know.. It will save me a call to the BK to find out. ;)

I hope everyone has a nice week..

Signchick
03-17-2010, 07:06 AM
Hi everybody! Thanks for the get well wishes. Doctor says I have bronchitis and some pneumonia. I have steroids and antibiotics to take. I will be better soon. :) The witchy dance really helped Sharrm! :lol:

Pills are a weird thing. Unless I am sick, I don't take any pills. (thanks goodness!)

I have one blue pill to take two times a day, without food (1 hr before & 2 hrs after eating) and don't lay down for 30 minutes. And I have a white pill to take with food, once a day. It may have said not to stand on my head or do cartwheels. How do people do this pill thing when you have 5-10 medications to take every day. I know I am blond, but here are just two little pills and they are hard to juggle. I don't even want to read all the side affects.... what about that with 5-10 medications??? Oh my! :eek: :confused: :lol:

Have a good day, everybody. Gotta get myself ready for work. (No, I can't stay home. Too much going on.) :rolleyes:

artastic
03-17-2010, 09:08 AM
Thanks everyone for the welcome. It was such a nice day here. We even had a cookout! Putting seeds in tomorrow.

Scattykat-- What are wellies? Just have to know.. It will save me a call to the BK to find out. ;)

I hope everyone has a nice week..

seeds already? and me with 2 ft of snow in the back yard, I will have to go to the local green house soon so I can smell the earth!

wellies: short for Wellingtons, (is that a British term Kat?) or rubber boots as we call them here, (or rain boots)
what do you call them?

Helen, have a great trip!
Sharron, I love your dancing witch (she is living in my computer now)
and you too Scatty, off to merry England. Try to keep in touch.
I think it might be ME that is off to england, but not till Sept

Beth: REST REST REST is the BEST , and take your pills

as for taking meds, try juggling that with vitamins! I am on vitamin therapy for AMD (recently diagnosed - 2 a day-supped up vit C, E, betacarotene, zinc and copper)) and I was taking tons of vits before,
glucosomine for arthritis, omega3 for brain (with the history of dementia in my parents I am not taking chances) multi vits for women, calcuim for bones (osteo also in my family) and 81mg aspirin a day for heart

lots of family history, but so far I have none of what my family has, very healthy (except for AMD in one eye, and maybe the vit therapy will slow the progression)

Charlie's Mum
03-17-2010, 10:46 AM
Oh Beth - you should be home! I know, you've got to work!:rolleyes:

I do DH's pills morning and night - I don't need it but we have a list taped to the cupboard door where I keep all the meds.

Trying to juggle before/after food is the worst bit, just in case you forget anytime!
Hopefully you won't have to remember 'when to take' for long!

I take supplements - like Bonnie, Glucosamine with chondroitin for arthritis - it's keeping it at bay for now. Omega 3 and also Evening Primrose Oil caps.

Wellies - Wellington Boots Catherine :D as Bonnie says, rubber boots for rain and mud :D

Sharrm
03-17-2010, 02:22 PM
Last night at dusk, Hadrian's Wall (the Roman Wall in the North of England) was lit up right across the country - video and explanation (http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/hundreds-take-part-in-carlisle-procession-as-roman-wall-lit-up-1.683237?referrerPath=entertainments/film) - it's a major part of our heritage up here - been here for more than 2000 years. Wallsend is the far side of the river from us - the Eastern end of the Wall - and there were 80 milecastles lit up, with beacons in between and all the forts too. The wall eventually ends at the Solway Firth on the Irish Sea coast. Quite a sight!

Hey Maureen, I finally got a chance to visit your link on Hadrian's Wall. Quite the celebration, and it must really be something to see it all lit up like that along the countryside. I was trying to remember what Movie some famous actor was in that featured that wall......anyone remember, it wasn't that long ago, maybe in the 90's. Anyways would love to see it myself some day. We'll have to put that on the list when I visit you!!! :wink2:

Beth.........glad to hear you got some meds to get you well. It won't be for long. :D
I have a couple that I have to take every day that are like that. Plus the same vits that Maureen and Bonnie take....except for the Primrose Oil....what is that for?.....and including high doses of Vit B complex, Vit D Vit C Coenzyme Q10 (for 25years now or more).
If you take Calcium pills you need to take Vit D, and it helps break down the calcium in your body plus you need it more in the winter especially. There seems to be a lot of hype about it lately (Vit D) Dr's are saying it's the new super Vitamin we need.

It seems a lot of supplements, and it is, compared to 30 years ago, but our foods are so lacking in Vitamins now a days, because of the growing processes, and chemicals etc. that you need to supplement your vitamins more and more. Real Organics are the way to go, but getting them is the hard thing, and the prices.
We are struggling here in Canada. Right now the USA has a much better system for them. Plus more demand, which will bring prices down and availability up. We need to tell them we want Organic foods, and will buy them in Canada.
OK....sorry guys....getting off my "soapbox" ;) Just feel very strongly about it. :)

Bonnie, you are welcome to my witch. I love some of your GIF's, and they are living in my computer too!! :D
Oh, and Scatty is going to England it was on the Project thread :p :evil:

Going to get my Invite done for this Weeks WDE.....I'm hosting again!!!
BBL :wave:

artastic
03-17-2010, 06:35 PM
It seems a lot of supplements, and it is, compared to 30 years ago, but our foods are so lacking in Vitamins now a days, because of the growing processes, and chemicals etc. that you need to supplement your vitamins more and more. Real Organics are the way to go, but getting them is the hard thing, and the prices.
We are struggling here in Canada. Right now the USA has a much better system for them. Plus more demand, which will bring prices down and availability up. We need to tell them we want Organic foods, and will buy them in Canada.
OK....sorry guys....getting off my "soapbox" ;) Just feel very strongly about it. :)

good point, when I had the farm we were organic, my friends who still farm the land are also organic, and their Bison herd is also certified organic, so
our freezer is full of organic bison and fresh frozen fish, and we do have a great section of organic veggies in our local grocers, summer is also time for the farmers markets,
just had a look at my caltrate tabs, and they include vit D.

you would think with all this healthy eating and vits and excercise I would be super woman!!
imagine how bad I would look or how tired I would feel without all of it !! (so why am I tired and look like a truck ran over me?)

maritajill
03-18-2010, 05:48 AM
Belated happy's to you Helen :wave:
Hi Maureen - lots of good advice for keeping well
Hope you're getting better Beth - spring colds are the worst.

My DH has gone down wwith a cold and feeling very sorry for himself and missing the warm Thai sun. So, I've made spicy tom kaa gai soup for him - with lots of help on the recipe from Dewi - thanks Dewi :thumbsup:

Sharrm
03-18-2010, 06:38 AM
Marita........ glad you had a good trip, poor hubby extreme change of temps often does that. Never had that soup, what is in it...would love to see the recipe Dewi, is it hard to make? :) I like to try different things.

Bonnie......:lol: from one truck to another!! :lol:
What does Bison taste like?? I've had Deer, and I liked that. Except that it was Bambi.....:( My hubby hunted rabbits too, but that was too much for me, couldn't eat them at all. Those sweet furry little things no way.... He cooked them himself only when I wasn't there.
Most of our stores here carry organic too, but from a recent news program I caught on TV they are telling us to check and make sure it is certified, meaning that the soil etc. that it grows on is checked too. Unless you know the farmer and his practices. Apparently some things that say organic on the label are not really organic.
Oh and check the dosage of the Vit D on the bottle. You should have at least 1000mgs a day or more so they are saying. Hope you know I'm just giving out info here. OK :) I'm not a nurse, physician or pharmacist.

artastic
03-18-2010, 08:19 AM
Sharron, I was watcing the weather network this morning and they were talking about vit D and how much we should have, and my calcuim-vitD pills say 400UI each, but recommends taking 2 a day, guess I will have to bump it up
bison is just like extra lean beef. it is not wild, and very lean, takes less time to cook at a lower temp because there is no fat. I can't remember the last time I bought beef.
yes you are right about the certification of organics, that means there are no chemincals in any of the processing and a producer has to have inspections every year (I know, we used to have to go through the process every year)

Marita: the soup sounds YUMMY

Signchick
03-18-2010, 04:23 PM
Hi everybody. :wave: Well, when I said I didn't take pills, I forgot my vitamins. I take C, D, B12, Selenium, Ginko, Omega 3, Calcium & a woman's multi-vitimin. I take some of those in the morning and some at night.

One of the pills I'm taking for my bronchitis and pneumonia is 50 mg of Steroid (Prednesone) and it's making me gittery. *eeeyukkk* I'm starting to feel a little better, but if I start coughing, I can't stop.

I just lettered a dump truck and now I need a rest. I coughed the whole time I was doing it.

When I was in Washington, I walked over to an organic food store with one of the students in my class! I was in HEAven!!!! I wish we had a store like that nearby. Oklahoma is one of the least healthy places in the country. One of the worst states for obesity, smoking, meth and domestic abuse. It's hard to be healthy without the resources, I guess.

Well, I'd comment some more, but it hurts when I talk too much. (giggle - just kidding - although I am blond) :lol:

RubyRedDog2
03-18-2010, 07:44 PM
Catherine, glad you quit lurking and joined us and this is a wonderful way to get to know some of the WDErs better. When we lived in Bermuda our neighbor had goats that were always getting in our yard. I loved watching the babies hopping around, soooo cute and sweet.

Paula, hope you’ve dried out some.

Mary, I hope to find out further down the post how your class went on doing your own thing, sounds interesting.

Scat, the windows sound like fun, but I’ve just started my Warm Weather – really behind on EVERYTHING.

Helen, when I get back on track I’ll check out your drawing event.

Sharm, love that witchy dance. I’m like you with Bambi, I eat meet but had to believe I do the way I love cows. Sure feel guilty about it.

Vitamin D is an interesting thing, for my bones I need it with Cal and for skin I need it without Z. What is a person to do???????????

Bonnie, I have the same med history as you and am trying the vitamins, hard to keep straight what to take, when and how much. Just heard the aspirin should be taken at 10:00 pm. And Bonnie, many of us do think you ARE super women!!!! Really. You know when you see a toddler you say where do they get that energy, that’s how I feel about you.

Marita, love the photo of you in Thailand, DH probably got one of those airplane bugs. I hope when I read further down I find out what the soup is, if not please tell us.

Beth, I’m glad you are feeling better and hope you are off of the medications soon. Guess doing a truck (outside in cold??) didn’t help the coughing. Everytime I get a cold I usually cough for a couple months. The thing that helped best (at home) is to put vicks in nose and wear a scarf around my face so it’s like a vaporizer.

Well, kids and coming Tueday for 9 days, other company coming here to see them, so we’ll be motel city for 9 days, using the west wing (mom’s next door – on our west side). We were going to stay at Disney but it’s a short drive and don’t want to be stuck in a room if it rains. Plus $$$$$$$

Well, gotta do a commenting on projects.

Keep our country in your prayers that our politicians in DC vote on the right thing.. I don’t want to start a political conversation because this website isn’t for that but we really do need some divine intervention.

Hope to get to do the WDE this weekend.

Gail

maritajill
03-19-2010, 04:14 PM
Tom Kaa Gai, soup cure, as requested!
We were shown how to cook this out in Thailand and some of the ingredients take some tracking down
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Mar-2010/44433-IMG_6937.jpg
Open a can of coconut milk into a saucepan and add
A chicken breast chopped or similar amount of tofu if veggie
Similar amount of baby seetcorn, chopped roughly
handful of button mushrooms - halved
Piece of lemon grass
a few slices of galangal - or a teaspoon of the sort you get chopped in a jar- the first time I tried it I used ginger, but its not the same
simmer for 10 mins then add
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Mar-2010/44433-IMG_6938.jpg
a chilli chopped
a piece of lemon
a few baby tomatoes
a couple of scallions or spring onions chopped including the green ends
salt to taste or fish sauce
pinch of sugar to taste
couple of kaffir leaves
cook about 10 mins more

spoun into bowls and enjoy - maybe with a bowl of rice to add
Wonderful
and I can report his cold has nearly gone! :clap:

Signchick
03-20-2010, 08:21 AM
Thanks for the recipe, Marita! I think I could find all but the lemon grass, galangal and kaffir leaves. Those are probably the cold curing ingredients. :D

It looks wonderful! I would never have thought of coconut milk as a soup base. :)

Signchick
03-21-2010, 09:03 AM
Lookie what I saw outside my studio window when the sun came up this morning....

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Mar-2010/110446-First_full_day_of_spring_2010_448x336.JPG

We're expecting 6 more inches this morning, then it'll change to rain and be 38 F this afternoon. 55 F tomorrow and 70 F on Tuesday. Oklahoma is Weird. It was 72 F on Friday. :rolleyes: :lol:

Charlie's Mum
03-21-2010, 12:41 PM
How depressing to see that snow Beth - see? I said OK temps were strange! :eek:

Catherine -sorry - forgot to say Welcome to Weeders last week! .. but you are very welcome ... it's usually busier than this - we've been fairly quiet recently!
Hmmm - wonder if we need to change the coffee brand :lol:

Shar - Evening primrose oil is often given to menopausal women to help retain balance in the body since the hormones play tricks! But it's also taken by many men too - and I started taking it again a couple of years ago - helps aging nails and hair ans skin and all sorts!!! :lol:

When the sun comes back you can all ease off the VitD :lol:

Got to take Charlie back to the Vet tomorrow for a check up to see how he's doing - with the medication he's not limping as much so maybe he'll be able to go 'walkies' again - and get me out! Should have gone for a walk today - did my WDE instead :smug: Then, if the weather is still ok we'll do some garden work - DH has promised to help - yippee!!! Today would have been good for it but gardening cannot compete with football on the tv - and there are at least 2 matches on Sundays!

Marita - glad DH is better - that soup worked wonders!! :lol:

I've got the cutest little dog paying along my screen - runs, jumps, begs, plays ball and curls up to sleep ............. tried sending it to friends but found that gmail and hotmail addresses won't allow them to be sent. :(
The real, live little dog is stretched out on the hall floor - likes to be near me ... ahhhh!

See you tomorrow gang :wave:

missswiss
03-22-2010, 10:28 AM
Just a few words here to see if it will upload as it has not been letting me upload. It seemed to work. I went from foxfire to explorer so do not know if that is the reason or not, but sure hate to comment on someone's work and then will not let it go through.
Anyway I am back from painting classes. It was so different from anything I had ever done before. We never had to leave there as we roomed there and had our meals there. We all ate together and really got to know each other. Even though it was so totally different from my kind of painting it was a real fun experience. Had two teachers and you could go between the two classes anytime you wanted to. It was more doing your own thing and then letting the teacher critique what you had done and suggesting things that you could do to improve it. The last day the teacher looked at everything everyone had done and critiqued it as the rest could watch. It was a really good learning experience and everyone was fun to be with. It was a beautiful place. Almost two hundred acres, an old large home (Saunie and I got to stay in the home), some were in a dorm. Large porch with lots of rocking chairs. They had a TV, but I do not know of anyone watching it the whole time we were there except some did watch a couple video's the one teacher had. Nothing was mandatory, so a really relaxed time. I will show you some of the things I did as soon as I get them photographed. Good to be home and anxious to share with our art group. Hi to everyone and I have read your post but not going to comment right now. BBL