PDA

View Full Version : Project Discussion: Windows

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Scattykat
03-06-2010, 03:39 AM
A new project has been announced in the WetCanvas! project system!

Title: Windows
Project Leader: Scattykat
Relative Difficulty: Irrelevant
Type Restrictions: Any Type
Medium: Any Medium
Subject: Not Applicable
Days open for signups: 30
Maximum participants allowed: 25

Description:

This will be an ATC/Postcard trade.

Find reference photos from the RIL or use your own photos, or take a walk around your area to find your subjects.

There are so many different styles of windows, windows with window boxes, shop windows, stain glass windows, windows with balconies, pretty net curtains, shutters, reflections.
Windows from the inside or windows from the outside. Think laterally if you like.

Before you sign up please read all the rules and make sure you understand the project and that you can commit to fulfilling the required number of cards, otherwise it is not fair to folk who spend time to make their cards and send them.

Remember, you will be making an original mini piece of art for each participant who signs up, that's 24 cards if we get a full project.

There will be cards to mail to other countries, so check out the postage requirements.

When you sign up, please pm to me your name and mailing address, and include your user name on Wetcanvas. After the project signup time has ended, you'll be provided with a list of mailing addresses for the participants.

Additional Information:

For more information on the project: Click here! (http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_details&proj_id=1272)

"J"
03-06-2010, 07:21 AM
Thanks for the new project. Great theme.

Scattykat
03-06-2010, 07:50 AM
Oh wow, that project approval system works mighty swiftly...
The sun is shining and I saw my first bumble bee in the garden today, so warmer days are just around the corner, and everyone will be opening their windows..:D I'm forever seeing interesting windows that I want to paint, and it struck me the other day...why not a project, there most be windows all over, so I'm really looking forward to seeing what mini wonders appear....and woo hoo, Jeanne, you are the first to sign up :thumbsup: , bravo and welcome aboard. :wave: ....

"J"
03-06-2010, 07:58 AM
It's 5 am and I still haven't been to bed. Easy to be first to see new projects when I am up most of the night. Can't seem to get to sleep earlier. Windows should be an easy project. And should have some really unusual ones.

I'm doing one on Drawspace forum with a theme of "Old Macdonald's Farm" which should also be a good one. Lots of possibilities.

Scattykat
03-06-2010, 08:29 AM
Not sleeping is a real bummer, but on the bright side, lots of quiet hours to indulge yourself in a little undisturbed painting.
That McDonalds xchange sounds fun, shall pootle off to check it out...

artastic
03-06-2010, 09:50 AM
hey gals! what a great theme Kat, I actually have been looking at doors lately and have started a theme of dorrways (have 2 of them, sill I ever have enough for a show?)
anyway I am in, I have a few photos I have toake 'to paint some day' so here is the day, have almost got all the warm weather bookmarks done, and only have 5 for the olympics (already half done) so off we go for another

Joan T
03-06-2010, 10:25 AM
Oooooooooooooh! I love this idea! I still haven't started the last one, but I HAVE to do this one!!

justjean
03-06-2010, 10:38 AM
Oooooooooooooh! I love this idea! I still haven't started the last one, but I HAVE to do this one!!

me too :D but I will get them both done ... honest :o

Scattykat
03-06-2010, 12:14 PM
hiya Bonnie Jean and Joan, 4 of us already, whoopeedooda, lovely lovely to have you along. :clap: I'm gonna get some of my ref pics out tonight and maybe make a start. Don't forget to pm me your addresses :D

Helen
03-06-2010, 12:27 PM
Sounds like a fun project. I'll have to see how sitting his nibs and painting go before I commit but would love to do this one. It's been a long time since I've done an exchange.

justjean
03-06-2010, 01:00 PM
hiya Bonnie Jean and Joan, 4 of us already, whoopeedooda, lovely lovely to have you along. :clap: I'm gonna get some of my ref pics out tonight and maybe make a start. Don't forget to pm me your addresses :D

I'm not showing as joined :o

Scattykat
03-06-2010, 02:30 PM
ooh, no your not on the list? :confused: perhaps your signup disappeared some place, maybe give it another go tomorrow if it's still not showing up, if it dosn't take I'll have to go ask for help :)

...but I see Heather's on the list, Hiya Heather, glad to have you with us, :wave: , chow fer now peeps...:D

justjean
03-06-2010, 03:09 PM
Oops I forgot to sign up :o but I have now :lol:

Scattykat
03-06-2010, 05:28 PM
hey Jean, thought t'was I that was the scatty one. I see your on the list now, and I'm not....duh, better get on over and sign up for me own project....:rolleyes:
Helen, hope his nibs lets you play, he looks such a cutee babe, I'm sure he'll be a dream to look after.:D

RubyRedDog2
03-06-2010, 06:06 PM
This really sounds like fun, let me see how the weekend goes and may sign up. I just did the envelopes for the Warm Weather and cut the canvas, found photos right after I signed up so ready to start painting them. I have some window photos I'll try to find. Bonnie, or anyone, I've got a door photo with bread that was just delivered if you are interested pm me.

I still want to do a painting from Alain's wonderful photos.

"J"
03-06-2010, 06:54 PM
I wanna see the bread door please.

Scattykat
03-07-2010, 03:26 AM
Hi Gail, hope you manage to fit the windows in, would love to have you join us...

Scattykat
03-07-2010, 01:10 PM
yipee, number 7 has hopped on board, welcome Mary,:wave: lovely to have you along...

Signchick
03-07-2010, 01:15 PM
I did some windows once, for a project. It was really fun...... except I still don't have much time for commenting, so maybe I better not. It's just too hard to keep up, once they really get going. :o

anviss
03-07-2010, 01:37 PM
lovely idea.
how much time do participants have to create all works? i see it's still open 30days for signup. and what happens next, couldnt find this info in the projects forum.
i dont think my skill level is high enough to participate. maybe i'll check to create some refference pictures, antwerp is a lovely old town with beautiful architecture.

Scattykat
03-07-2010, 05:06 PM
...now Beth, no excuses, we all understand how busy you are, and we lurv your art,:clap: so go on, press that little itty signup bar and come have some fun. We won't get upset if you dont comment on everything, honest :)
Anviss, you're work is lovely :thumbsup: . From the projects I've participated in, most of us aim to get our mini pics done with 6 months, thats about one a week, and remeber these are postcard or atc size, (2.5 x 3.5 inches,) so tiny. But if it takes a little longer we are a patient lot. Never been to Antwerp, but am sure it's packed with lots of paintable windows. If you do sign up, the next step is pm me your address. Once the 30 days is up, or if we get 25 peeps signup before, then I'll pm you all the address of participants. Then you get busy, and send a mini original piece of art work to each person on the list, and each person sends you a mini original piece of art work too, so eventually you should end up with 24 original mini creations from around the globe. That's the thing to remember too, sending 24 letters, some to overseas addresses can be a bit of a shock cost wise if you havn't checked it out beforehand, so do check the postage rates from your country, my mini pics are nearly always the same wieght as an ordinary letter. We all love it and keep coming back for more. Hope you come and join in the fun, I'll be watching the signup list now to see what you decide....:)

"J"
03-07-2010, 05:47 PM
Come on Beth. Use that finger, hit that button. What would a new trade be without you? I don't comment often enough and don't even have the excuse of being too busy. But I still love the trades so keep signing up. It is way too overwhelming when they all start arriving. I too hope everyone understands if I comment here and there and not to everything. I still love seeing it all and receiving and sending.

Signchick
03-08-2010, 01:38 PM
Boy, I'm easy! I pushed the button! :lol:

I think this is going to be a fun one!!!! :clap:

leojacko
03-08-2010, 02:53 PM
Hi :wave:

Sounds like this is going to be a great swap!

I've only just started the warm weather swaps, but think that I'll manage a few windows as well! :cat:

Nina

Scattykat
03-08-2010, 03:49 PM
Beth and Nina, bravo, :clap: :clap: so glad you signed up, we're begining to roll.
I've already started selectiong my windows, boy there are lots to choose from, some of them are bourgeois and gorgeous, some simple and picturesqueak, some rustic and rambling. Gonna go cut up mee paper tonight :cat: , I is already gettin excited, woo hoo...:D

Joan T
03-09-2010, 11:40 AM
Glad to see so many friends will be doing this one!!!

focus06
03-09-2010, 12:03 PM
Hey I would like to join the fum , I love windows

Scattykat
03-09-2010, 03:29 PM
...ding ding, move along the bus please, Gretchen has just hopped on, Hiya, great to have you aboard...:D

anviss
03-09-2010, 03:43 PM
i dediced to join in, i was looking at all the houses and windows on the tram this morning, and i already have a few ideas. some bright and colorfull ones too:D
it's gonna be fun and good to learn new things

Helen
03-09-2010, 05:55 PM
OK, I'm hooked. I see so many of you that I would love to have a piece of art from and Skat's promise that we don't absolutely have to comment on everyones work... I'm off to sign up.

"J"
03-09-2010, 10:58 PM
I've been using Google Street View to find some windows and now I want a trade with doors too. Plus I spent a lot of time looking at all the talllllll buildings in New York. Great patterns on those buildings from all the windows.

Scattykat
03-10-2010, 04:10 AM
Anviss and Helen, hooray, so nice to see you all here :thumbsup: . Still plenty of room for a few more, but I'm surprised at how quick the numbers are mounting.
Jeanne, yep, love those doors too, I'll admit this project was a toss-up between doors and windows. Maybe someone'll follow this one with a doors project :p .
Catch y'all later...:D

Sharrm
03-10-2010, 07:46 AM
OK, I'm committed.....no I mean I've committed, :evil: :wink2: :lol:
could not resist this one. It's been a long time since I've done one of these. Like Helen, would love to have some artwork from the other participants too. Also I'm not the greatest when it comes to commenting, but promise to give it my best. :) Just one question though, what size is ACT? I have no idea. Post card is 4x6 I think . I never do small works so this will be different for me.
Great idea Scatty. :wave:

artastic
03-10-2010, 07:52 AM
OK, I'm committed.....no I mean I've committed, :evil: :wink2: :lol:
could not resist this one. It's been a long time since I've done one of these. Like Helen, would love to have some artwork from the other participants too. Also I'm not the greatest when it comes to commenting, but promise to give it my best. :) Just one question though, what size is ACT? I have no idea. Post card is 4x6 I think . I never do small works so this will be different for me.
Great idea Scatty. :wave:

ATC is 2.5x3.5

quite fun, glad to see you here too

Scattykat
03-10-2010, 08:44 AM
Hi Sharm, so you're commited, well you'll fit in well here, we're all mad about atc's...:lol: :clap: :p
thanks for the size reminder Bonnie:thumbsup: .
I'm definitel feeling smug :smug: , just finished my fitrst minipic, gonna try and keep on top of this one...:)

AtlantisPrints
03-11-2010, 05:13 PM
I just signed up for this project and would like to confirm that it is open to ANY medium. I am planning on using linoleum to cut out and print the design.
Thank you,
Alina

l Heather l
03-11-2010, 07:59 PM
...but I see Heather's on the list, Hiya Heather, glad to have you with us, :wave:

Thanks, sorry havn't been around much, this has been a crazy week. Thanks for the welcome. I'm looking forward to it!:wave:

Joan T
03-12-2010, 10:52 AM
Glad to see our numbers are growing!!! I just copied down the participants so far so if I plan well, I can send my "warm weather" ones with these. I started a file on my computer with windows from some of my trips. I'm getting excited about doing this one!!!!

focus06
03-12-2010, 11:41 AM
Yes that is right ut is fun to look back at the trip, that I have been on and get the pictures of window. I wonder why window are so interesting as far as being interesting to artists.:rolleyes:

focus06
03-12-2010, 11:44 AM
I've been using Google Street View to find some windows and now I want a trade with doors too. Plus I spent a lot of time looking at all the talllllll buildings in New York. Great patterns on those buildings from all the windows. Doors are the opening to the heart of the house, windows are the openings to the soul.:wink2:

"J"
03-12-2010, 03:21 PM
Doors are the opening to the heart of the house, windows are the openings to the soul.:wink2:

I like that.

Scattykat
03-12-2010, 03:42 PM
...well we're almost up to 15 now, keeping my fingies crossed we'll get a full house. :clap: Don't forget to pm me your address as soon as you've signed up:clap: , thanks to those who have done so already :D

l Heather l
03-12-2010, 08:12 PM
Finished my first ever ATC card :clap:. I used a ref from the WDE. I like this its fun:D

"J"
03-13-2010, 01:46 AM
Glad you had fun Heather. It's also addictive. Wait till you start to receive them in the mail. It's fun getting little presents in the mail.

Mine are all postcard sized 4x6 inches. I hadn't worked that size in awhile.

Sharrm
03-14-2010, 11:20 AM
Oh Good I see we have more joining up, hello to everyone. :wave:

I'll PM you my addy Scatty, I thought you might want to wait till you saw if there were enough people first.

Thanks for the ATC size Bonnie, boy is that small. I've never been over to the ATC forum as yet.
I'm going to do mine 4x6in postcard size and that will be a first for me. I bought one of those crafters' magnifiers a while ago that hang around your neck keeps your hands free, I bet I'll be using it for these. :wink2: :D.

So I guess this doesn't officially start till the 30 days are up, is that right?? I so glad it's going to be during the warmer weather.This is going to be fun, I've started going through my references too, and setting up another folder for them.
BBL :wave:

Kitty69
03-14-2010, 12:26 PM
OK, I finished the warm weather project.. maybe should take a break from doing projects.... maybe not :lol: . Let me just sign up :clap:
Kitty

Scattykat
03-14-2010, 04:43 PM
woohoo up to 16 now :D Welcome Carolis, Kitty and Brincrish :clap:
Sharm, if you want to start painting right away go ahead, we have 16 of us already, and hopefully we'll find some more over the next couple of weeks:crossfingers: .
Heather glad you're already getting in the groove :thumbsup:
Gretchen, glad to see you're thinking laterally, I knew someone would :D
We've been out all day, but went for an after lunch walk and we found some overgrown derilict houses with a few more windows to snap. I've already got 4 painted over the last week, and ready to go, unbelievable, I'm ahead of myself this time. woop woop woop:wave:

mithila
03-15-2010, 06:24 AM
Thanks for letting me join, Kat.

Now here's where I confess to the rest of you that I'll be starting and ending late. I still have the warm weather project left, and a whole lot of tugs at my time. Don't want to go into details.

I promise to start working on my wiindows by mid-April, and get to both threads for some much overdue commenting too.

Ah, what a wonderful subject... WINDOWS. I've already picked out a charcoal-grey soft (almost like cloth) handmade paper to use as the background for all your windows which I'm going to have framed.:clap:

artastic
03-15-2010, 11:03 AM
wonderful to see old friends and some new ones too!
I have one done! and have lots of window photos to start, have been snapping photos like crazy!!

I just signed up for this project and would like to confirm that it is open to ANY medium. I am planning on using linoleum to cut out and print the design.
Thank you,
Alina

yes any medium, looking forward to your cards!

Signchick
03-15-2010, 12:32 PM
I finished my first 4 over the weekend. (Woo Hoo) I'm doing all ATC size. :0 I'm sick and working on that small size helped me to be calm and not cough so much. :)

Scattykat
03-15-2010, 01:08 PM
hooray, another 2 on board, up to 18 now, welcome Doloris and Mithila...:wave:

Quote:
Thank you,
Alina
...Alina has withdrawn, I explained it the way I understood it, with an email similar to this...

...we would love to have you along on the windows project, but prints do really fit here, in this type of project artists give a unique original mini piece of work, and hope to recieve similar. ......a (run of 24 the same)print would be unfair to those who sign up for this type of project and paint/create 24 individual mini pics. We never like turning enthusiastic participants away, and I'm hoping maybe that you can create some individual mini originals for this project.....}

...is this how most of you peeps have interpreted these projects? :confused: I'd be interested to know any thoughts :) ...

focus06
03-16-2010, 01:16 AM
Finished my first ever ATC card :clap:. I used a ref from the WDE. I like this its fun:D Be very careful, ATC's are very ,very addicting, once it gets in your blood you are done for!!!!:evil:

Sharrm
03-16-2010, 02:50 AM
hooray, another 2 on board, up to 18 now, welcome Doloris and Mithila...:wave:

Quote:
Thank you,
Alina
...Alina has withdrawn, I explained it the way I understood it, with an email similar to this...

...we would love to have you along on the windows project, but prints do really fit here, in this type of project artists give a unique original mini piece of work, and hope to recieve similar. ......a (run of 24 the same)print would be unfair to those who sign up for this type of project and paint/create 24 individual mini pics. We never like turning enthusiastic participants away, and I'm hoping maybe that you can create some individual mini originals for this project.....}

...is this how most of you peeps have interpreted these projects? :confused: I'd be interested to know any thoughts :) ...
Yes Scatty, that's how I see it too, and agree with your assessment. Each piece of work should be new and not a copy. I think that's fair. :)

Aline........ perhaps you can use a different medium, if you can't do individual ones with linoleum. :)

Welcome to Doloris and Mithila.......:wave: Glad you're here.

Scattykat
03-16-2010, 05:12 AM
Thanks for that Sharm, this project leading thing can make you feel a bit of a heal at times :o , but the positivity and companionship, and of course all that art arriving in the mail box is soooooooo rewarding :clap: .
Beth, glad the atc's gave you a theraputic boost :thumbsup:

On another note, I'm off to visit my sweet daughter in the deepest of rural England :D :heart: :clap: , and she only has dial up, and it dosn't always ....dial up! :( anyway, it means I shall have very intermitent access for 2 whole weeks, but shall get on here whenever I can. Hopefully when I get home, we'll be up to quota, and can really get started....:wave:

Catherine1
03-16-2010, 08:08 AM
Hello Everyone,

I guess I'm talking myself into this. I think I would really like to join the project. Though I'm not really sure what type of canvas to use. I've never done itty bitty but I think I can manage.
I've only been painting for a few months and not very comfortable with it. So.. I know I can do the project.. just don't know if I can do it well.

Oh Oh... lol.. well.. guess that solved it! I'm in... As I was writing this trying to decide what to do, I visited the rules page. I clicked on sign up thinking it would take me to a page that would I would fill out some info or give more info.. and then I could sign up. Who knew if one went to the sign up page that it really just signed you up! Can ya all tell this is my first project..

Well I guess you can count me in.. Bad artist or not I try.. lol.

Catherine

Sharrm
03-16-2010, 11:35 AM
Hey Catherine, that's exactly how I signed up for my first project, thought the same thing as you, and Ta Da .....I was signed up. I think that's how they get you involved LOL :evil: especially if you're new, you're too shy to tell someone you were just looking :lol:.......So welcome, glad you joined :wave::evil:
Actually it's a great way to get involved with other members, and your art.

Depending on what kind of medium you use...Oils or Acrylics you can use those canvas pads with 10 sheets in the package, and just cut out the size you want and back it with cardboard. Use gesso to attach it, or gel medium, or glue. Also card stock works good for some mediums even acrylics if you gesso it a couple of times first...That's what I've done with acrylics, or you can use watercolor paper for acrylics too. Hope that helps, just ask questions on here, everyone is very helpful.
Also, you are not a bad artist, don't want to hear you say that again. OK :) Some people just have more experience or training than you. Everyone has to start out somewhere, I started on this site, and it's a wonderful place to learn and grow. Don't worry about how good you are, just do your best with every painting, ask questions and soon you will surprise yourself. :D

"J"
03-16-2010, 02:35 PM
Welcome Catherine. Glad you found us even tho you were sort of "trapped". We have lots of fun and like Sharm said, we are all in different stages of ability. Just think when you become famous, we will have some of your earliest art.

Scattykat
03-16-2010, 03:05 PM
Hi Catherine, numero 19, woopee, :clap: and ditto Jeanne and Sharm, we are all different skill levels here, it's not a competition, just a passion,:D and variety is the spice of life. I'll bet yer being modest too, and I just know you'll love it. :thumbsup:

"J"
03-16-2010, 05:49 PM
Scat is all mixed up. She's English, lives in France, and speaking in Spanish.

Catherine I'd take those bottles you painted for the WDE any time. You did a great job on those. So you will do just fine.

Catherine1
03-16-2010, 10:30 PM
Thanks for the welcome..

Sharrm.. I was totally stunned when the page popped up that I was now officially signed up. Sooo that is how they get everyone on board... I hear from others that these projects are addicting.. Sounds like lots of fun. Oh yes.. and thanks for the info on the paper to use. What size is best to cut them out to? I noticed on Blicks that they have special folders and mats for the atc cards. Would it be best to do the 3.5 x 5.5 cuts if artists were keeping them to put in those folders?

Funny J ..that you mentioned having as early work from a famous artist! I was thinking that very thing... that I may end up having the mail man drop off the next famous artist work here at the house!

Thanks for the vote of confidence guys. I'm full of it when I'm working job wise. Just harder on myself than on the people around me. I see all the little oops in every piece I work on. But I'm game.. ready to go..

So.. when do we start.. How long till we get to send them out?.. Oh.. and can I do prints of the originals?

Catherine

mithila
03-16-2010, 10:56 PM
LOLOL
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Yes, it's like you're cautiously sticking in one tremulous toe, just checking the water, when suddenly WHOOOOOSSSHHH!!! And there you are, in the middle of it all, and enjoying yourself so much that you throw yourself into it any chance you get, though sometimes you really should be doing something else.

Scattykat
03-17-2010, 02:27 AM
Hi all, Catherine, start painting as soo as you like, we generally aim to get them out with in 6 months, but as soon as I mail you the address list is fine, and we aim to exchange mini original pieces of work.
DON'T FORGET TO MAIL ME YOUR ADDRESSES PEEPS!
ooh just heading out the door for uk, have fun...:wave:

artastic
03-17-2010, 01:07 PM
On another note, I'm off to visit my sweet daughter in the deepest of rural England :D :heart: :clap: , and she only has dial up, and it dosn't always ....dial up! :( anyway, it means I shall have very intermitent access for 2 whole weeks, but shall get on here whenever I can. Hopefully when I get home, we'll be up to quota, and can really get started....:wave:

oh you R going to England, Sharron had mentioned it in weeders and I had not seen this post
have a jolly trip

where in the UK does she live? (I thought it would be so kool if you were in the UK in Sept when I am going to be there, it would be so fun to meet) If I get my traveling shoes on, I may take up the notion to spend a week in your back yard painting and drinking wine!! :heart:

artastic
03-17-2010, 01:12 PM
Catherine welcome to the madness, it is VERY addictive, I can't believe how many projects I have signed up for since I started
I LOVED you rbottles too, and I think you will do fine
it is a challenge to paint tiny, but FUN

ATC size is 2.5x3.5
they fit in trading card folders (like hockey or baseball cards)

"J"
03-17-2010, 09:31 PM
Catherine you can make prints for yourself but the original is what you should be mailing.

I do trades thru 2 different forums and the other has about 10-15 that have to go out every month that I join. Now that is some fast work.

Ours here are designed so that people without much time can possibly get a piece out every week and should be finished by the 6-month time frame. But life happens and I'm still getting cards from projects that were older projects. Just today I got a beautiful little quail for the Alphabet Trade I was in. Nice to get little surprises like that.

As far as mailing goes, when you get the list, you can start mailing when you like. Some finish all their cards and mail all at once, some mail as they complete them. But you don't have to wait to paint. You know about how many you will have to do (at the moment it's about 18). I have 2 finsihed now.

One way to go is to mail first to the person whose name is after yours, then follow thru until you get back to the one before yours. That way not everyone is mailing to the first person on the list and the last on the list has to wait. This way everyone starts getting mail right away.

Most of all, have fun.

Catherine1
03-18-2010, 07:01 AM
I think I have the gist of how it works..

Mithila.. I think I'm almost at the WOOSH stage. Yup.. About ready to go over the edge. I have dozens of ref photos picked out. Set up a little area in the living room so I can work on them while Hubby studies and gets a few glances in at the TV. He wants to know if there is a 'atc' anonymous out there.. :rolleyes:

I did a few mock ups and was asked to "Please make them into cards." Just wanted to be clear on if I could do copies before I send out the originals.

ATC size is 2.5x3.5 they fit in trading card folders
They are sooo tiny.. What seems to be the best medium for tiny?

Noticed in my project section there are places to post our work. So we post just like in the wde?

Sorry for all the questions..

Signchick
03-18-2010, 04:39 PM
Oh Catherine.... You are going to love this!! I like doing the ATC's in watercolor so I can use my itty bitty brushes, but I have received them in every medium imaginable.

I have 7 or 8 done already, because I am sneaking into the studio before work and painting with my morning coffee. Well, not with my morning coffee, although I have been known to dip a brush or two in my coffee. :lol:

These trades are addictive and tell your husband the only support groups involving ATCs, are encouraging us to make more.... not less. :lol:

I'm glad you are joining us!

Yes, it's like you're cautiously sticking in one tremulous toe, just checking the water, when suddenly WHOOOOOSSSHHH!!! And there you are, in the middle of it all, and enjoying yourself so much that you throw yourself into it any chance you get, though sometimes you really should be doing something else.

Mithila, you are too funny!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

artastic
03-19-2010, 12:59 PM
Catherine: I use WC and ink or just WC, but have also used colored pencils, graphite and many use acrylics,
I have even recieved some painted in pastels, oils, mixed media, stamped, embossed vellum, collaged, fused glass, scrapbooked, digital painting,
there is no limit to what you can do

I have 2 done so far, and many photos collected for more

Catherine1
03-19-2010, 01:36 PM
Hey Everyone... I do want to get started too! Just trying to find the right medium. I don't think oils will work for me with this. Small precise movements are very hard for me as my hands don't work to well just yet.

Bonnie & Beth.. Thanks for the info on the media. :D Cause now I get to go play at the Art Supply Store. I was thinking of using watercolor pencils perhaps. Got to love a trip to the art store. I might even pick up a few of the other medias that others have been using to see if I can use them. Lucky Robert.. He gets to try them all out..

Beth I hope your feeling better.. BTW--I have the same problem with my coffee cup.. How it moves under my brush I haven't a clue. ;)

Hope you all have a nice day. Its a play in the dirt day here.. sunshine.. and more sunshine..

audras
03-19-2010, 04:24 PM
Hi Scatty,
This would be my first trade and I would really like to participate, but I have a question before I sign up. Would photographs, in the ATC size, taken by myself of course (don't want to still others' images), be acceptable? I can draw/paint/collage of course, but I know that sometimes there are times when a painting just won't capture the light/reflection/mood that a window can possess. Please let me know if this would be acceptable and I will make my decision to sign up.

Thanks much,
Audra

Joan T
03-20-2010, 10:40 AM
There are some of you who are just too fast for me. I have been going through my photos looking for windows, but haven't started painting any yet. I will when I get to a name that is also on my Warm Weather Exchange.

Catherine - If you signed up by accident, that means fate must have stepped in and made the decision for you.:wink2: Once you get started it is impossible to stop...you get addicted.

Bonnie - If you're heading to Kat's to hang out and drink wine, I'm comin'. I missed her when I was in France last year. Can you imagine the great time we'd have....Kat...get the wine ready!!

Scattykat
03-20-2010, 03:05 PM
Hi sweet peeps, my there's been some activity since I left! Up to 20 now, Hi Earl, welcome aboard. :clap:
Thanks to all the regulars for helping out the newbies whist I've been slacking :p , what a great lil group we is...:D

Catherine has asked...
Noticed in my project section there are places to post our work. So we post just like in the wde?

...............Catherine, we generally wait to post our images in the system till the person you sent the original to pm's you to say that they've recieved it, that way it keeps it a lovely surprise special for them. Once you know they've received it, then post the image in the project for everyone to share and comment on, hope that makes sense :)

Audra asked..
This would be my first trade and I would really like to participate, but I have a question before I sign up. Would photographs, in the ATC size, taken by myself of course (don't want to still others' images), be acceptable?

...............I'm not sure how to reply to this Audra, can any of you help out with what they think here?

Bonnie, Im buzzing up and down the s.w., Devon Somerset Dorset, and maybe even Cornwall, phew....

Joan......
Bonnie - If you're heading to Kat's to hang out and drink wine, I'm comin'. I missed her when I was in France last year. Can you imagine the great time we'd have....Kat...get the wine ready!!
....just give me a bit of notice and I'll get the glasses ready....woohoo :thumbsup:

..Hope I haven't missed any ones questions. Have fun, catch ye all later...:wave:

Sharrm
03-21-2010, 07:19 PM
Scatty.........Audra asked..
This would be my first trade and I would really like to participate, but I have a question before I sign up. Would photographs, in the ATC size, taken by myself of course (don't want to still others' images), be acceptable?

...............I'm not sure how to reply to this Audra, can any of you help out with what they think here?

Well, Scatty, I think the introduction to the Project says it all. It says that your ATC/postcards should be original artwork. Original artwork means no photographs. Audra, you said you work with art mediums you draw/paint/do collage work, so that's not a problem. This project is for artwork not photography. Hope you understand. :wave:

Catherine1
03-22-2010, 07:27 AM
Good morning All..

Thanks for explaining all the ins-and-outs Scatty. I think I am ready to get started!

Catherine

anviss
03-22-2010, 04:05 PM
i havent had a chance to start yet, but i'm looking up and down all streets when moving about with public transport. i have a good idea for some things to try. i'll have to wait to take my camera out till the weekend after this. but i have two weeks holiday, so i'll catch up:D

i'm a bit confused:o , is the project only atc size, or is post card size also an option?
i thought it would be postcard size, and for me that is 10 by 15 cm or 6 by 4 inches.
atc size is like 6 by 9 cm?, whoo so tiny, but i'll give it my best shot if it's only atc size.

Sharrm
03-22-2010, 09:15 PM
anvis....(sorry, don't know your name) The project is for ATC size and Postcard size 4 x 6inches. I've never drawn or painted ATC size either, very small. I'm going to be doing postcard size too. :)

mithila
03-22-2010, 09:59 PM
People, this is about Audra's wanting to work with photographs. I know, Sharron, that it said "original art work", but why can't that include photographs? She's going to be taking her own, and sizing them down, and presumably creating 24 different images.

Digital art is permitted, even when the artist works on somebody else's images with creative software, so why not the artist's own photographs? What if Audra were to take her photos and photoshop them a bit? Would it be alright then?

I think this needs more discussion. Anyway, these are the doubts and questions and thoughts I have on the subject.

Cheers!
:)

l Heather l
03-23-2010, 12:27 AM
I'm off to visit my sweet daughter in the deepest of rural England :D :heart: :clap: ,

Have a great time :wave:

l Heather l
03-23-2010, 12:34 AM
I really like working on the ATC size! Very small and very fun:D :clap::clap::clap:

Sharrm
03-23-2010, 05:33 AM
Good morning All..

Thanks for explaining all the ins-and-outs Scatty. I think I am ready to get started!

Catherine
I'm ready to get started too, found some more windows over the weekend that had some interesting views and looks. (can't tell will spoil the fun).
It's officially Spring people, after such an unusual winter.........:clap:

focus06
03-23-2010, 12:20 PM
I thought that this was a drawing and painting site, photo's can be used to refer to but this site is not for photo atc's there are some on WC where that is all they do. I know that ATC"s for all has a lot of altered art exchanges. Maybe she could have a look at that site to see what they are doing. Just like making prints, is not what this site is about. That is how I see it anyway, ther is a lot of sites out there, one just has to find the one that you like and want to do.

focus06
03-23-2010, 12:22 PM
:confused: I thought that this was a drawing and painting site, photo's can be used to refer to but this site is not for photo atc's there are some on WC where that is all they do. I know that ATC"s for all has a lot of altered art exchanges. Maybe she could have a look at that site to see what they are doing. Just like making prints, is not what this site is about. That is how I see it anyway, ther is a lot of sites out there, one just has to find the one that you like and want to do.

anviss
03-23-2010, 02:22 PM
thank you for the explanation sharm, the real name is just an. i'm glad i wont be the only one working a bit bigger :-)

it looks like i can also start to collect postage stamps too, :-) it's gonna be a global project. fun, fun, fun

mithila
03-23-2010, 09:43 PM
:confused: I thought that this was a drawing and painting site, photo's can be used to refer to but this site is not for photo atc's there are some on WC where that is all they do. I know that ATC"s for all has a lot of altered art exchanges. Maybe she could have a look at that site to see what they are doing. Just like making prints, is not what this site is about. That is how I see it anyway, ther is a lot of sites out there, one just has to find the one that you like and want to do.

Gretchen, actually this site does have a Photography forum: http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30

Maybe Audra should go there and start a photo ATC exchange... hey, that would be interesting. Imagine original photographs from all over the world on some theme or the other: still-life, markets, favourite food, music...

Joan T
03-24-2010, 10:14 AM
As much as I love photography, I agree that this isn't the correct exchange for Audra's atc photos. It should be for painting and drawing. Audra, I hope you find a thread that does photo exchanges. It would probably be a lot of fun!

I'm still going thru my photos looking for windows, and keeping the camera handy just in case I see a new interesting window.

"J"
03-25-2010, 06:54 AM
anviss I'm doing postcard sized for this project too. I have done both sizes and really like ATC size, but wanted to do more details for the windows.

artastic
03-25-2010, 10:00 AM
I have 4 done and working on #5,
Gretchen, actually this site does have a Photography forum: http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30

Maybe Audra should go there and start a photo ATC exchange... hey, that would be interesting. Imagine original photographs from all over the world on some theme or the other: still-life, markets, favourite food, music...

Audra if you start a photography ATC exchange, i think I will join that one too!, what a great idea
I too thought this to be a painting and drawing exchange

Joan T
03-25-2010, 12:15 PM
Yeah!!! I printed out some of my photos yesterday and painted my first window last night. Can't wait to send it out!!!

anviss
03-25-2010, 03:26 PM
yippie, i finished my first. :) couldnt wait yesterday and googled an idea, then started and finished it today.
i have tree in start up-position, so i'm off to some good times:clap:

a photography atc sounds nice too, i have some pictures that i find pretty good, but too difficult to paint or draw now..

"J"
03-27-2010, 07:53 PM
I finally finished my other trade and now can concentrate on this one. I had been working back and forth but the other ones had to be mailed within a month. So now I can go thru my many Google Street View photos of windows and decided which ones will make the cut. Hopefully I will start the 5th one tonight. If I can stay off of the Google Street View. Traveling can be as addictive as these trades.

Catherine1
03-28-2010, 07:39 PM
Yippy.... Got my first one done! Little is hard.. Thank goodness I opted for the 4x6 ones! I hope to get a bit faster with these cause it took 3 days. Though I was working on a bit of a learning curve. My new water color pencils came and I am going to try to use them for the project.
Oh.. Yes.. I almost forgot to ask..
Does it matter if the view is from inside looking out? Or just outside looking in?

"J"
03-29-2010, 05:10 AM
I would think it is ok either way as both are windows.

Joan T
03-30-2010, 10:48 AM
Catherine - You can do either view, or both of the same window if you want!!! Little is hard...but addictive. The first time I did an ATC for an exchange, I thought I couldn't finish them all. Now I love painting in that size. lol

Yippy.... Got my first one done! Little is hard.. Thank goodness I opted for the 4x6 ones! I hope to get a bit faster with these cause it took 3 days. Though I was working on a bit of a learning curve. My new water color pencils came and I am going to try to use them for the project.
Oh.. Yes.. I almost forgot to ask..
Does it matter if the view is from inside looking out? Or just outside looking in?

Signchick
03-30-2010, 05:25 PM
I have painted 15! They are so fun! I'm enjoying finding the right windows. :)

missswiss
03-30-2010, 07:24 PM
Am I missing something? All of you are talking about getting these done, but I never got a list. Are you all just getting a jump on things? No wonder I just got the last one done and still do not have the last ones in the mail. Does anyone know if Jean Earl moved or was it the other Jean? I did not want to send it to the old address if she moved. I sent her a e-mail but did not get an answer.

just chaos
03-30-2010, 08:01 PM
I am posting this in a couple forums. Jeanne "J" 's husband passed away last night. I don't know much more at this time.

Chaos

artastic
03-30-2010, 09:14 PM
prayers for you and your family 'J'

Sharrm
03-30-2010, 09:20 PM
My heart goes out to you Jeanne. :heart:

artastic
03-31-2010, 07:09 AM
Am I missing something? All of you are talking about getting these done, but I never got a list. Are you all just getting a jump on things? No wonder I just got the last one done and still do not have the last ones in the mail. Does anyone know if Jean Earl moved or was it the other Jean? I did not want to send it to the old address if she moved. I sent her a e-mail but did not get an answer.

Mary, it was just chaos that moved, and nobody has a list yet (kat is galavanting about England) it is just that Beth, all full of energy aafter overcoming pneumonia that has the jump on us all..:lol:

dkechnie
03-31-2010, 08:47 AM
Jeanne - you are in all our prayers and thoughts

mithila
03-31-2010, 08:58 AM
Jeanne, I'm so sorry for your loss. I shall be thinking of you, and hoping that you eventually recover from this shocking tragedy.

Joan T
03-31-2010, 04:10 PM
I got an e-mail from Jeanne saying that Bill passed away Tuesday on his way home from work. Other than that she didn't give any other info. I know that the two of them knew each other since high school and have been together a very long time. One of the women in the scavenger hunts started a thread for her. Here is the link:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=615278

acvlangas
04-01-2010, 10:28 PM
Hello Everyone,
I guess I am last to sign up for the project, but I guess late is better than never. I have just recently "discovered" my art again after a long time of putting it to the side, this will be my first exchange. I have also been very anxious to explore New Orleans where we have only lived for about 6 months. This will be a great excuse to do that. I am excited to see all the wonderful work from the great artists that are involved! it will be like Christmas time and time again when I receive each special piece in the mail.

Jeanne, even with me being new here, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Amber Vlangas

missswiss
04-01-2010, 11:20 PM
Amber, You will become addicted to doing these and you are right it is so neat to get them in the mail. I just finished my last one and will try and mail them tomorrow (these are from my last exchange). As soon as Kat gets home I am sure we will get out list so we can start mailing this one out. Beth is really with it. She has most of hers done. I always put them in a album when I get them and write who they are from and where they live. Another hint. Be sure and scan yours before sending them out so you can post once they get them and be sure and keep a list of who you sent to and who you receive from. These are some of the things some of us learned the hard way and still mess up on. :eek: Speaking about myself ,of course. :lol:

"J"
04-02-2010, 08:16 AM
Thank you everyone. So nice to have such good friends. Joan it was Monday night at 9"46 pm. He was on his way home from work and they figure he had a heart attack as he was driving erratically and police were notified. He managed to pull off the road and was slumped on the steering wheel when the police got there. He was taken by ambulance to the hospital but was pronounced dead there.

It was a great shock and I am coping the best I can. So much to deal with and the house has been full each day. I am happy at the end of the day when my fur babies and I can curl up together on the bed. I can't tell much about if they know he is gone or not but Penny who had separation anxiety when we got her, is now vying more for my attention to the point she is trying to push Dizzy aside. So I think her abandonment issue has come back. But that is ok. We fixed it once and will do so again.

The memorial service is Monday at 10 and hopefully after that some of the pressure will be gone and we can begin to sort everything out and deal with the new reality that goes along with losing a loved one.

Thanks again. Jeanne

DominicM
04-02-2010, 10:34 AM
J, sorry to hear that, I had an uncle pass in almost identical circumstances (brain hemmorage whilst driving on the highway) and tho not same I can relate to some of the question that you likely have floating around in your thoughts.

I am sorry for your loss and my thoughts prayers are with you and your family at this sad time.

please could someone send me the mailing list when opportinity arises.

Joan T
04-02-2010, 10:35 AM
Amber - Welcome to the exchange!!! Getting the cards is sort of like Christmas. lol It is so exciting. And you will be doing windows in one of my favorite places, New Orleans. I was there pre Katrina and just loved the area....I still dream of the music and the crawfish ettuffe". (I don't think that's the correct spelling.)

Hello Everyone,
I guess I am last to sign up for the project, but I guess late is better than never. I have just recently "discovered" my art again after a long time of putting it to the side, this will be my first exchange. I have also been very anxious to explore New Orleans where we have only lived for about 6 months. This will be a great excuse to do that. I am excited to see all the wonderful work from the great artists that are involved! it will be like Christmas time and time again when I receive each special piece in the mail.

Jeanne, even with me being new here, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Amber Vlangas

Joan T
04-02-2010, 10:41 AM
Jeanne - Just know I am thinking of you!! ((BIG HUG))

"J"
04-03-2010, 01:36 AM
Thank you .

Kitty69
04-03-2010, 04:01 AM
Jeanne, I am sorry for your loss. I wish you a lot of strength. My thoughts with you.

Scattykat
04-03-2010, 05:47 PM
Jeanne, I am so sorry to hear that sad news, heart felt hugs of condolence to you..

.... just got home from uk, and will read through and catch up and answer in the next couple of days...

Scattykat
04-04-2010, 03:33 AM
Wow! we are a full house. I'm so excited about getting the minipics rolling, soo - time to get that mailing list out, which I shall do immediatley after this post. When you get it, please check your details are correct.

A BIG WELCOME

to all who have jumped aboard whilst I've been away...:thumbsup: ... and if you havn't e mailed me your snail mail address, you won't be on the list and won't be recieving any pics :crying: ! - so make sure you do it asap, :clap: thank you peeps :D

Scattykat
04-04-2010, 04:51 AM
oky-doe-key...all addresses that I have recieved have been forwarded to you all....

MARY MARY MISSSWISS MARY your inbox is quite contrary, I guess it's full, but I can't send you the address list till you empty it!!!

To all the newbies, there is no particular order in which to send out, tho usually we advise to start with the address immediatly underneath yours on the list, that way everyone gets a steady stream of WONDERFUL NEW MINI PICS...:clap: :clap: :clap:

SOOOOOO - here we go then...I hope to send out my first few in the next couple of days, let's hope we all get a full house this time. :wave: :thumbsup: :D

autismart
04-04-2010, 12:34 PM
Scattykat wrote;

A BIG WELCOME

to all who have jumped aboard whilst I've been away...:thumbsup:

Thanks, I guess that would include me #24 to sign up, which of course means that I'm just getting started. I too was just going to peek to see about sign up and found myself signed up which is OK because I'm looking forward to receiving some original art pieces literally from around the world!

First, I thought ... "Oh Shriek! :eek: 24 pieces of artwork to make" then "Calm down, they are art card size" calmed down. Then... "Gadzooks, windows! Jeez there's windows everywhere, inside and out - up and down - here and there - Goodness, You're looking out a window now.. :p OK I thought, I can do this." (have 1 done) So, that's it from me.

Autismart

Scattykat
04-04-2010, 01:18 PM
...so glad you clicked on the project :thumbsup: and decided to stay,:clap: ...

Kitty69
04-04-2010, 01:57 PM
What a great way of tricking all these new members into the project! :lol: But let me tell you... you won't regret it! This is my 6th or 7th project (?) and painting all these small paintings is really good to gain some more experience and try out new mediums and subjects.

I have started today and painted 3 windows... hopefully more to come during tomorrow.

Kitty :wave:

Kitty69
04-04-2010, 02:00 PM
Ehhh... I just checked... but this is already my 8th project! Time flies when you are having fun :clap:

This is my 6th or 7th project (?)
Kitty :wave:

artastic
04-04-2010, 02:39 PM
best wishes Jeanne for tomorrow, when the service is over and the folks have left, is when it will hit you hard,
healing Tears and furry hugs for you

Kitty: I checked and this is my 34th project, I am planning on tackling some more windows today

Kat: welcome home hope you had a blast and your daughter is well
(did rex go with? how is he?)

welcome all the newbies

Scattykat
04-04-2010, 03:35 PM
34 projects!!!? :eek: wowser Bonnie, I got some catchin up to do, I see Kitty is notching 'em up too.
The time in UK was a rare old mix, it was lovely seeing my babe, but not pleasant to watch her battling with her condition, also for the two weeks I was there it rained everyday, kinda reminded me of one of the reasons we skipped to france, although they tell me here it's been almost as bad. Dh came over for the second week to catch up with his family, then we met up and travelled back together. We have both come home with rotten nose drippy coughs, but the sun shone here today...hooray, :) and my sweet Kizzie dog is fit and happy....hooray, :D and the daffs and blossom is out....hooray, :thumbsup: and I have a computer again to chat to all my WC friends.....hooray :clap:

Tattvmasi has dropped out, but I know not how to remove her from the project now that it has closed.:( Anyone know how I do it?

Chow fer now, off to start putting windows in envelopes...:D

dkechnie
04-04-2010, 04:12 PM
Hi everyone - this exchange is getting more exciting each day. Will look forward to going to the mailbox again. We are leaving for Myrtle Beach for a couple of weeks but will pop into the mail what Windows I have painted before I leave. Have about 14 completed. Jeanne continue to know you remain in our hearts. Kat - we missed you on WC and glad you are back home. And Bonnie 34 projects WOW. But I relate to the passion - the exchanges have been my inspiration to keep persevering in this world of watercolour. God Bless everyone and I will look fwd to opening up WC when I get back home.

dkechnie
04-04-2010, 04:12 PM
Hi everyone - this exchange is getting more exciting each day. Will look forward to going to the mailbox again. We are leaving for Myrtle Beach for a couple of weeks but will pop into the mail what Windows I have painted before I leave. Have about 14 completed. Jeanne continue to know you remain in our hearts. Kat - we missed you on WC and glad you are back home. And Bonnie 34 projects WOW. But I relate to the passion - the exchanges have been my inspiration to keep persevering in this world of watercolour. God Bless everyone and I will look fwd to opening up WC when I get back home.

anviss
04-04-2010, 05:04 PM
i got started on the project and i kicked into it
it's a bit scarry to see people that have done so much projects :o
i have 5 drawings done, i'm a bit insecure about a few, so i'm waiting to get some more done to see if i'm going to mail them. i have 5 more drawings lined up (ink is done, but need to add the details and colours), so it wont take that long to see if these are better than the other ones.
i send my snail adress to scattykat, cause i'm very curious about what i'll receive the next few months
good luck evryone, but most of all, have fun :clap:

"J"
04-05-2010, 07:47 AM
Egads I just looked and this is my 29th project.

Catherine1
04-05-2010, 08:24 AM
Yes..:D Its very very tricky the way one gets sucked into projects here... I'm still in shock at having to get these done. But welcome aboard...

Gee... Beth.. Slow down!!!! lol.. I only have one done.. but three on the last legs of the journey to be finished. I think I have enough windows gathered in for ref.

Oh.. Question to those who do watercolor.. What does one coat the water color to protect it?I have some clear-jet fine art gloss (its a UV protective coating) and Krylon crystal clear.. can I use one or the other?

Jeanne I'm so sorry for your loss. Prayers and hugs....

Sharrm
04-05-2010, 09:44 AM
Hi everyone and welcome to the new people.
I haven't done one painting as yet!!! Had to get my other things cleared out of my way.
So Easter is over, my WDE I hosted is done, and I'm Hosting in Florals for the Plant Parade Project in May, but that's not pressing, so going to get started today.
I did start a new file, and have been putting references or thoughts in there to do with windows I might paint.
Have to hit Michaels today, and see what they have. Going to work with Acrylics on postcard size.
I prefer to use canvas, but if anyone has some Ideas on a good method to work on or what to do that works with Acrylics I'm open to suggestions. My thoughts was to work on unstretched canvas, then attach it to heavy card stock, or something like that.....any ideas welcome. :wave:

Scattykat
04-05-2010, 12:29 PM
...another signer upper, Brincrish, has left us, so now we're down to 23 :( . Let's hope we don't lose anymore...

Sharm...that method sounds good to me , tho if twer me I think I'd stick the canvas on the cardstock before I painted it.

Doloris, have a super break...:thumbsup:

Catherine, I don't coat my watercolours with anything, only put them behind glass...

Chow fer now peeps...:D

missswiss
04-05-2010, 03:52 PM
Sharrm, I have painted in acrylic on the WC postcard sizes that you buy and they worked fine.
Kat, have been AWOL for most of last project but finally got it done. Almost done with taxes, except to send Uncle money. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
Trying to get caught up so I can get this project done sooner but not on the ball like some and have most of it done already. bbl

Catherine1
04-05-2010, 10:47 PM
I don't coat my watercolours with anything, only put them behind glass...
Oh.. but we don't send the glass.. right? Sorry to be a little bit.. Well slow on the uptake with the water colors.. but after 30 years... I have no clue what everyone does with most of the art media out there now. It has been fun playing with all the new stuff though.. :D

Thanks,

mithila
04-05-2010, 10:58 PM
Catherine, if you're asking how we protect our mini-pics in the post, then the answer is that they are put into polythene/plastic sleeves. You can buy a pack of these in either ATC or postcard size, or, if like me you live in a place that doesn't have such cool stuff, you wrap them in any protective covering. For my early trades I waited to get a few cards, then took off their covers, and used them to send mine in. A bit of enterprising scavenging.:lol:

However, please do use those awesome protective coats you spoke about. I've never ever seen anything like those, and would love to know what a painting coated with them might look like. :wave:

Sharrm
04-06-2010, 06:15 AM
[QUOTE]Sharm...that method sounds good to me , tho if twer me I think I'd stick the canvas on the cardstock before I painted it.[/QUOTE Scatty......

Yes, you're right Scat.....that makes better sense to me, now that you mention it!!!

Mary......thanks will have to go check and see if they have those up here, it's another good option

Thanks for the feedback peeps!!

Scattykat
04-07-2010, 07:07 AM
whoop whoop whoop, just sent off my first 8 windows 478181. Have pm'd the recipients, Bonnie, Catherine, Gretchen, Helen, Joan, Mary, Sharm and Beth...
Now to get the rest finished. Sun's shining, birds is singing, and I'm painting, oh happy day...:D

leojacko
04-07-2010, 02:21 PM
Here's a thought for painting on canvas on a small scale.

I tried it a little while ago & found the canvas grain a little too large for what I wanted to do. .... Dolls house size paintings.

So I primed some curtain backing material [lining] & painted on that - the weave was a lot finer!

Maybe that will help, don't know.

best wishes
Nina

Signchick
04-07-2010, 02:39 PM
Wow, Bonnie 34th, Jeanne 29th.... I had to check.... this is my 16th trade. I had no idea I had done so many! :eek: :D

Jeanne, maybe this is just the right thing for you at this sad time. Just to be wrapped in the arms of 24 of your many good friends and all their little windows. http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Apr-2010/110446-01_group1.gif

Catherine, on my first trade, I folded wax paper carefully around each little treasure. I protect them because some of us have mailboxes that may not be real protected from the rain. There are a lot of places that sell little sleeves, but this is one of the least expensive that I have found. Bags Unlimited. (http://www.bagsunlimited.com/cart/browse.asp?subcat=618)

Nina, that is a great idea! Cutain backing! :)

artastic
04-09-2010, 11:15 AM
=Catherine1007]

Oh.. Question to those who do watercolor.. What does one coat the water color to protect it?I have some clear-jet fine art gloss (its a UV protective coating) and Krylon crystal clear.. can I use one or the other?

no need to protect, but we mail them out in protective sleaves (or even small bags)

sharrm: I prefer to use canvas, but if anyone has some Ideas on a good method to work on or what to do that works with Acrylics I'm open to suggestions. My thoughts was to work on unstretched canvas, then attach it to heavy card stock, or something like that.....any ideas welcome.

you can gesso wc paper (postcards) and use acrylic, I have done this before, or gessod matboard

looking forward Kat to my first window, still struggling to find time, but have a few done, want to get at least 8 done before mailing the first lot out

artastic
04-12-2010, 01:54 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=69667

Cats Eye View for Kitty
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/1272/completed/84176/tn_CatsEyeViewforKitty.jpg

ahh the very first window in the exchange
and of course from our 'J'
you are amazing

I love the cat, windows and cats just go together!

Kitty69
04-12-2010, 02:47 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=69667

Cats Eye View for Kitty
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/1272/completed/84176/CatsEyeViewforKitty.jpg

YIPPIE! Received the first card a few days ago! Thanks Jeanne, I love the window with the kitty for Kitty :)

Kitty69
04-12-2010, 02:47 PM
Just dropped my first 10 cards in the mailbox today.

Scattykat
04-12-2010, 02:51 PM

Cats Eye View for Kitty
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/1272/completed/84176/CatsEyeViewforKitty.jpg

oh Jeanne, this is lovely, and you are the first to post, brill. Love the kitty watching life pootle past his perch...:thumbsup:

missswiss
04-12-2010, 02:54 PM

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/1272/completed/84176/tn_CatsEyeViewforKitty.jpg

How nice this is Jeanne. It looks like this is going to be a fun project. Love and prayers still going your way too.

Signchick
04-12-2010, 04:26 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=69668

Moncoutant Chateau window for Beth
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/1272/completed/143492/Moncoutantchateauwindowforbeth.jpg

Oh I don't just like it.... I LOVE it! :D It's so beautiful and I love the way you sent it in it's own little snail card. Very lovely presentation! :clap: :)

Signchick
04-12-2010, 04:28 PM

Cats Eye View for Kitty

This is so beautiful, Jeanne! I really love the cat in the window! Very nice! :) :clap:

"J"
04-12-2010, 09:07 PM
I got my beautiful window card fro dkechnie/Doloris today. A nice garden solarium.

And thanks to those of you who have sent me sypathy cards. I appreciate each one of you.

Scattykat
04-13-2010, 03:50 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=69669

Red Curtains for Justjean
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/1272/completed/84176/RedCurtainsforjustjean.jpg

Jeanne another corker, you make looking in windows is as much fun as looking out of them, love the curtains...:thumbsup:

Catherine1
04-13-2010, 05:38 AM
Sooooo.. Now I can see how the ATCs can be addictive.. :)... Can't wait to see more..

I do have a few questions:

We upload the cards only after they are received?

Can we send out one at a time.. it doesn't have to be in groups? (I'm working on seven.. but only have two finished)

Do we envelope them, or send them as postcards???

Do we PM when all the cards get mailed?

And pm to the sender when the cards are received? So.. I take it from the neat cards posted that we put up our own cards when received?

artastic
04-13-2010, 07:55 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=69669

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/1272/completed/84176/tn_RedCurtainsforjustjean.jpg

nicely done, and the blue items add an interesting touch

artastic
04-13-2010, 08:00 AM
Sooooo.. Now I can see how the ATCs can be addictive.. :)... Can't wait to see more..

I do have a few questions:

We upload the cards only after they are received?

Can we send out one at a time.. it doesn't have to be in groups? (I'm working on seven.. but only have two finished)

Do we envelope them, or send them as postcards???

Do we PM when all the cards get mailed?

And pm to the sender when the cards are received? So.. I take it from the neat cards posted that we put up our own cards when received?

HI Catherine
1. yes we upload after they are recieved
2. you can send them out at any rate you wish, some send out in packs of 6 or 8 (or whatever they have dome) or one ata ttime, and some send them all out at once when they are done, I found a few at a time are nice, then everyone gets something along the way
3. I have always recieved them in envelopes, and usually witha protective sleeve (especially watercolors) but I did recieve a postcard just like that and it arrived in perfect shape (I hve sent some in plastic in an envelope that arrived, wet and nasty on the outside, but well preserved on the inside because of the plastic sleeve)
4. we pm the person we send to, advising it is on the way, and hopefully they will pm you when they recieve it so you can upload
5. when we recieve a card, we pm the sender and they post their own cards

hope this clears up any confusion

artastic
04-13-2010, 08:01 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=69668

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/1272/completed/143492/tn_Moncoutantchateauwindowforbeth.jpg

bonne chateau Kat

artastic
04-13-2010, 08:01 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=69670

Abandoned barn window for Mary
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/1272/completed/143492/tn_labourseabandonedbarnwindowforMary.jpg

wonderful stonework and ivy

Catherine1
04-13-2010, 08:32 AM
hope this clears up any confusion
Thanks Bonnie.. It does. :)

justjean
04-13-2010, 01:47 PM

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/1272/completed/84176/RedCurtainsforjustjean.jpg
and what a beauty it is, makes one feel like it just might be home :D thanks Jeanne

Scattykat
04-13-2010, 01:56 PM
...great to see things are kicking off and the first pics are in. Caroline, Bonnies answered your questions so clearly, thanks Bonnie. We are a happy lil bunch here, luvin these exchanges, I just know you'll have fun....

Joan T
04-13-2010, 06:02 PM

Cats Eye View for Kitty

Jeanne - You are amazing that with all you've gone through, you still have the first window posted. I really like this and the fact that your can see in to the house so well. Nicely done and good use of the google street maps!

Joan T
04-13-2010, 06:04 PM

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/1272/completed/143492/tn_Moncoutantchateauwindowforbeth.jpg

Kat - Love the chateau window!!! Excellent detail and and shading!

Joan T
04-13-2010, 06:05 PM

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/1272/completed/84176/tn_RedCurtainsforjustjean.jpg

Jeanne - Super details! I love how we can really see into your windows. Good work!!

Joan T
04-13-2010, 06:07 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=69670

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/1272/completed/143492/tn_labourseabandonedbarnwindowforMary.jpg

Kat - I love the tiny window hiding in that brick wall behind the branches. Nice color and shading!

leojacko
04-13-2010, 11:26 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=69674

Peeping Hole for Leojacko
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/1272/completed/84176/PeepHole.jpg

This is the lovely postcard I received from Jeanne. It is beautifully done and amusing too. I can just imaging the peeping that goes on from behind those curtains!

Nina

"J"
04-14-2010, 01:52 AM
When I drive by a house with the windows lit and the curtains open, I really enjoy seeing what is inside. I'm always wondering if they have a library room with great huge shelves like you see on tv and read about in books. Plus it's interesting to see what people have on the walls. And because I am a 'watcher", my windows are closed tight after dark. I like looking but am not willing to be the one exposed.

When looking at the windows on Google street maps, I usually look for unusual windows or windows with something interesting in them. And like in the one with the cat, I imagined the picture hanging on the wall.

Scattykat
04-14-2010, 03:19 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=69674

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/1272/completed/84176/PeepHole.jpg

Oh Jeanne, I love this, so dainty, and the texture on those bricks is fabulous. J'espere qu'une fenetre rond pour voir ma jardin de ma chambre sera un tres tres belle reve. Please excuse my french grammer, it's the pits, but your lil window is 'haute gamme!' Encore les :grouphug: pour toi...:)

anviss
04-14-2010, 06:03 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=69675

double arch window for Catherine
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/1272/completed/143492/tn_ArlesdoublearchwindowforCatherine.jpg

great reflection/light in the windows!

anviss
04-14-2010, 06:04 AM

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/1272/completed/143492/Moncoutantchateauwindowforbeth.jpg

lovely details!

anviss
04-14-2010, 06:05 AM

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/1272/completed/143492/labourseabandonedbarnwindowforMary.jpg

love the different kinds of rock and the mysteriousness of nature!

anviss
04-14-2010, 06:11 AM

Cats Eye View for Kitty

:cat: a very recognisable scene, my cat is sitting in front of the window now too :)
love the wood texture

anviss
04-14-2010, 06:12 AM

love the vases on the window tablet

anviss
04-14-2010, 06:15 AM

wow, so much detail in the bricks! just lovely!
scattykat: round windows are romantic, but i guess harder to clean:cat:

jeanne, once again, my sympathy for you, your family and your furry friends

Signchick
04-14-2010, 06:30 AM
Wow, this was fun! I love the beautiful cards I just saw. I have been so darn busy, I can't even get mine addressed and mailed. I have 15 done and they're sitting in a file. *sigh* Maybe I can get my act together this weekend. :p

Jeanne, I also like peeking inside houses. My DH calls me a peeping Tom, but I don't want to see any people, just their stuff! I like when I can see beautiful staircases that are inside the entrance way or foyer in a large house. When we go to fancy neighborhoods to see Christmas lights, I'm looking in their windows. :lol:

I am already too busy to comment much, so I hope you all will understand. My life has become such a whirlwind and I have a hard time just keeping my feet on the ground. :p

anviss
04-14-2010, 08:54 AM
pfew, never send out so much letters at once i guess:p
i have 11 on the way to artastic, autismart, catherine1007, dkechnie, dominicM, firehorse australia, helen, joan t, just jean, kitty69 and to the project 'leader' scattykat.

it was a good suggestion i read earlier to make a list, cause i'm the forgetting kind of person:lol: that way in the end i will have forgotten no one

i'm curious of how long it will take before they arrive. hope they dont take too long and nothing happens on the way.

looking forward to seeing some more lovely work appearing on the forum

Scattykat
04-14-2010, 09:26 AM
...just sent off another 5 today... :smug: An, it took the first two of my mini pics just under a week to arrive the other side of the 'big pond', not bad me thinks :thumbsup: ...
...and yep, I'm looking forward to getting my very first window too, exciting times...:D

Helen
04-14-2010, 09:44 AM

Cats Eye View for Kitty

Very nice, you handle colored pencil well. I've not seen the google street map, have to look for it.

Helen
04-14-2010, 09:46 AM

Another one good one Jeanne. I like the blue in the window.

Helen
04-14-2010, 09:48 AM

I love this kind of window. Great job on the texture in the bricks.

Helen
04-14-2010, 09:51 AM

Tres Bien! At least I think that's how one says it... my college French is very rusty. I do love the window though, great detail

Helen
04-14-2010, 09:53 AM

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/1272/completed/143492/labourseabandonedbarnwindowforMary.jpg

I love this type of textured wall, great job.

Helen
04-14-2010, 09:54 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=69675

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/1272/completed/143492/tn_ArlesdoublearchwindowforCatherine.jpg

Beautiful, I'm impressed with the amount of detail you get in such a small card.

Catherine1
04-14-2010, 10:53 AM

Thank You Kat... So delicately done.. I was afraid to take it out. Love it!

artastic
04-14-2010, 11:30 AM

this is so classic! love the addition of the carving below the window

artastic
04-14-2010, 11:31 AM

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/1272/completed/84176/tn_PeepHole.jpg

I love porthole windows, I have one saved to paint as well!

beautiful job on the brick

I must confess I am a watcher too , J and Beth, but mostly into backyards, I am always lookig for ideas and love other peoples' takes on landscaping

"J"
04-14-2010, 11:38 AM
Thanks An. I am so glad I am not the only "Peeper" and I too don't care to see the people, just their things.

All the windows that have arrived so far are just great. Who ever knew there could be so many differences in windows.

artastic
04-14-2010, 11:40 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=69676

old barn window for Helen
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/1272/completed/143492/tn_Absieoldbarnwindowforhelen.jpg

I love old stone buildings too, the windows are openings to the old and lost souls of time

Helen
04-14-2010, 11:51 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=69676

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/1272/completed/143492/Absieoldbarnwindowforhelen.jpg

More than like... I love it! You and I are attracted to the same kind of window but we don't have many like that in my corner of the world.

Kitty69
04-14-2010, 02:22 PM

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/1272/completed/143492/Absieoldbarnwindowforhelen.jpg

Ohhhh, I really love this one :clap:

leojacko
04-14-2010, 02:23 PM
Just love all the window paintings I am seeing here. :thumbsup:

I haven't started mine yet but am trawling through all my old photos looking for likely subjects.

I like looking too. :)

Been on some bus trips at night where you get to see inside peoples rooms and their lives too - fascinating !!!

Nina

Kitty69
04-14-2010, 02:24 PM

Mmmm... I really wonder what you will see when you look through this peeping hole...:lol:

anviss
04-14-2010, 03:53 PM

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/1272/completed/143492/tn_Absieoldbarnwindowforhelen.jpg

i love this style of windows too. great drawing! belgium is the neighbour of france, but there's already a difference in building styles.

i like to watch too, i live in antwerp, which is a big city, so when sitting in the tram during the winter i watch and see a lot :)
my house is what they call a belle-etage; meaning the garage is groundlevel, and the livingroom is on the first floor, so it's harder for others to watch in my house :D

autismart
04-14-2010, 08:46 PM
I have a question about addresses. I know the USA addresses that I received were not written the way they would ordinarily be written. All the addresses were written in a skinny kind of format with all the info on separate lines. What about the other addresses are they to be addressed as they appear on the list. I ask because I know letters are scanned here and in a "different" format than ordinary they are reprocessed which would seem to be a detour and take more time. In case this doesn'nt make sense, an example of the ordinary format of a USA post.

Suzie Chickenlegs
P.O.B. Anynumber
Anytown, Anystate zipcode
Not sure where the USA would go

Are the non-USA addresses that we received be the way they would ordinarily be addressed? I think any of them would get there eventually but I was wondering (without disclosing an exact address online) what would be the best way to write the address to get there the quickest way?

Thanks, autismart

mithila
04-14-2010, 10:13 PM
Those are some great windows, Kat and Jeanne! That peephole is especially wonderful. I'm a peeper too; i think we have enough peepers here to start a club. :lol: I just love looking into windows and imagining who lives there, and how the rest of the house is. Nothing frames life so effectively as windows.

I've started on mine, and have three finished. I suddenly realised that I have quite a few windows done in my notebooks and journals. I'm in the process of seeing which ones can be cut out and pasted for this exchange. A lot of them are airplane windows with clouds outside. :lol: There are some nice cafe windows too, however, from the different places that have steadily fattened me through these years. I even have a rather pretty picture of a small boy looking out the huge windows in an airport at a taxiing plane. Maybe I can use some of those for this project.

"J"
04-14-2010, 11:23 PM
I have a question about addresses. I know the USA addresses that I received were not written the way they would ordinarily be written. All the addresses were written in a skinny kind of format with all the info on separate lines. What about the other addresses are they to be addressed as they appear on the list. I ask because I know letters are scanned here and in a "different" format than ordinary they are reprocessed which would seem to be a detour and take more time. In case this doesn'nt make sense, an example of the ordinary format of a USA post.

Suzie Chickenlegs
P.O.B. Anynumber
Anytown, Anystate zipcode
Not sure where the USA would go

Are the non-USA addresses that we received be the way they would ordinarily be addressed? I think any of them would get there eventually but I was wondering (without disclosing an exact address online) what would be the best way to write the address to get there the quickest way?

Thanks, autismart

For the USA:

Jo Johnson
P O Box 333
Hometown, MI 44444
USA

The ones for other countries, I write them the way they are on the list.

Scattykat
04-15-2010, 04:35 AM
Mithila, your aeroplane windows sound cool...:)
thats what I thought Jeanne, I think I just copied/pasted addresses into the list as I received them, and tacked the USA on the bottom of some, is that ok autismart?...:wave:

anviss
04-15-2010, 01:06 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=69683

Bourgois window, Moncoutant for Joan
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/1272/completed/143492/tn_Moncoutantbougoiswindowforjoan.jpg

once again a lovely piece of art! love the detailed 'fence' on the roof

anviss
04-15-2010, 02:07 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=69684

Green shutters for An (Anviss)
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/1272/completed/102043/tn_Anviss.jpg

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
my very first atc ever:) and what a nice one it is.
i'm not sure if it's my screen, but in real the colours look more vibrant and beautiful
thank you kitty!

Scattykat
04-15-2010, 03:19 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=69684

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/1272/completed/102043/Anviss.jpg

oh Kitty this is lovely, window box and green shutters. And dig the little whirlygig shutter restraints too...:thumbsup:

Scattykat
04-15-2010, 03:21 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=69685

Purple flowers for Kat (ScattyKat)
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/1272/completed/102043/Scattykat.jpg

this is also the first card to arrive here, and it's super. Love it. Kitty's even planted my mauve window box with pink pink pink flowers, how clever is that, :D thanks Kitty, it's gorgeous...:clap:

artastic
04-16-2010, 08:34 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=69683

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/1272/completed/143492/tn_Moncoutantbougoiswindowforjoan.jpg

I knew there would be some interesting windows coming out of France, with all the plein air photos I have seen!!
this is gorgeous

artastic
04-16-2010, 08:36 AM

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/1272/completed/102043/tn_Anviss.jpg

Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=69685

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/1272/completed/102043/tn_Scattykat.jpg

these windows glow kitty, your WCS are so beautiful, It is interesting to see the windows around the world, architecture sure changes from country to country

I am going to finish up my two I am working on and get the first 8 in the mail this weekend
I will PM the new owners (yet to be determined)

Joan T
04-16-2010, 11:04 AM

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/1272/completed/143492/Moncoutantbougoiswindowforjoan.jpg

Kat - Thank you so much for this French window. It looks so elegant and perfectly "French." I may have been the window in the maid's chambre, but I'm sure I could happily sit up there looking out and painting for hours. I really love it!!:heart: Merci!!!

Joan T
04-16-2010, 11:05 AM

Kat - This one is great!! Windows like this always attract me. They have such character. I love the stone work and the rugged bricks. Well done!

Joan T
04-16-2010, 11:07 AM

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/1272/completed/143492/ArlesdoublearchwindowforCatherine.jpg

It is double the pleasure to see these twin arched windows!!! Love the decorative touches.

Joan T
04-16-2010, 11:09 AM

Fabulous brick work on this, Jeanne! I love the soft color of the curtains in the round window, contrasted with the richness of the brick. Good job!!

Joan T
04-16-2010, 11:10 AM

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/1272/completed/102043/Anviss.jpg

I love the colors in this one, Kitty! Shutters here in the US are such boring colors. Great job on the flower box too. Lovely!!

Joan T
04-16-2010, 11:11 AM

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/1272/completed/102043/Scattykat.jpg

Kitty - This has such charm to it!!! I want a window box that color with the beautiful flowers you painted. Super job!

Joan T
04-16-2010, 11:19 AM
I was traveling this last week and made sure to bring my window references with me to paint at night in the hotel room and at my brother's house. I finished 5 cards and mailed them out this morning.

I love peeping too!!! My favorite time to peep is when it is just starting to get dark and people have their indoor lights on, but haven't closed their blinds or drapes yet. Sometimes you can see the family sitting together and enjoying life and each other. But I enjoy imagining what is inside the other windows when you can't see much of the inside too.

Scattykat
04-17-2010, 01:35 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=69697

window shutters for scattykat
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/1272/completed/215161/windowshutters.jpg

An thankyou soo much for my lovely green shuttered window, I love it. Bizarly, the colour you've chosen to do these shutters is almost the exact same soft green as the shutters on our house were when we first saw it. The place had been unlived in for a few years, and the garden was a meadow of waving grass, the apple tree in front of the house was in blossom to, a nd the green shutters of the house made it all perfect. We were smitten. Sadly, the actual shutters were pretty rotten, and had to be replaced, so now we have oiled oak ones, they are very nice, but do not have that lovely softness that these do. Love the little cutouts to....oops I'm waffling. Cheers An :clap: :thumbsup: :D

Scattykat
04-17-2010, 01:37 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=69698

window in red for dominicM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/1272/completed/215161/windowinred.jpg

stunning red window sings out against the yellow bricks, neat job on this one too...

Scattykat
04-17-2010, 01:38 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=69699

flower mania
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/1272/completed/215161/flowermania.jpg

triple decker wondow display, what a neat idea...:thumbsup:

Scattykat
04-17-2010, 01:39 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=69695

Swedish window for Nina (leojacko)
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/1272/completed/102043/Leojacko.jpg

...another delectable window box overflowing with flowers, super...:wave:

Kitty69
04-18-2010, 01:29 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=69699

flower mania
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/1272/completed/215161/flowermania.jpg

Thanks An for your lovely window, with all these flower pots, I love it :clap:

Joan T
04-18-2010, 02:35 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=69692

Parthenay bourgois window for Bonnie
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/1272/completed/143492/parthenaybourgoiswindowforBonnie.jpg

Kat - I just love your elegant French windows!!!!

Joan T
04-18-2010, 02:39 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=69697

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/1272/completed/215161/tn_windowshutters.jpg

I just love the peeling paint that textures the shutters. This has such charm to it. Nice work, Aviss!

Joan T
04-18-2010, 02:40 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=69698

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/1272/completed/215161/tn_windowinred.jpg

The colors in this are a knockout!!! Super job!

Joan T
04-18-2010, 02:41 PM

flower mania
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/1272/completed/215161/tn_flowermania.jpg

I love the flower pots and the window shade!!! Anviss, your windows are so great!

leojacko
04-19-2010, 08:16 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=69695

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/1272/completed/102043/tn_Leojacko.jpg

This is my lovely window ATC from Kitty.

It is even better IRL !

Thank you to Kitty.

I am enjoying viewing all the window paintings. I have several drawn out now and will be starting painting soon.

best wishes
Nina

Signchick
04-19-2010, 05:56 PM

Oh Kat, I love this!! The shadows behind the vines really make them stand away from the rock! Beautiful! :)

Signchick
04-19-2010, 06:03 PM

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/1272/completed/215161/tn_windowshutters.jpg

This is very beautiful!! I love the whole feel of it!! :)

Signchick
04-19-2010, 06:05 PM

This is wonderful, Jeanne! I love your skill with colored pencils! :)

Signchick
04-19-2010, 06:06 PM

This is wonderful, Jeanne! I like the depth of the brick behind the round window! :clap:

Signchick
04-19-2010, 06:08 PM

I love your watercolor windows, Kitty! This is beautiful!! :)

Signchick
04-19-2010, 06:09 PM

Beautiful, Kitty! I love the depth in the flower bed! :)

Signchick
04-19-2010, 06:10 PM

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/1272/completed/102043/Leojacko.jpg

Another beauty, Kitty! :clap:

I received mine today and it is also amazing!!! :clap: :D

Signchick
04-19-2010, 06:13 PM

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/1272/completed/215161/windowinred.jpg

This is wonderful!! I love the bright primary colors! :clap:

Signchick
04-19-2010, 06:15 PM

flower mania

I find this to be so playful and giddy, with the pots going all willy nilly! Love it!! :D

Signchick
04-19-2010, 06:18 PM

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/1272/completed/143492/ArlesdoublearchwindowforCatherine.jpg

I am amazed at the wonderful detail in your itty bitty windows, Kat! This is beautiful! :clap:

Signchick
04-19-2010, 06:19 PM

This is amazing! The tipped over pot is a wonderful addition! :)

Signchick
04-19-2010, 06:20 PM

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/1272/completed/143492/Moncoutantbougoiswindowforjoan.jpg

Another beauty, Kat! I love all the detail! :)

Signchick
04-19-2010, 06:21 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=69692

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/1272/completed/143492/parthenaybourgoiswindowforBonnie.jpg

Very pretty! I love the little railing! :)

Signchick
04-19-2010, 06:24 PM
Woopie!! When I go to the post office tonight, I am mailing all 19 cards. That is everybody who I have an address for. I have the rest ready to go, as soon as I have the addresses! YAY! :clap:

I didn't want to PM so many people at once, so here is your notice. :) Please PM me when they arrive, so I can post them. :D

Scattykat
04-19-2010, 06:32 PM
wow Beth, you've been busy, looking forward to seeing what your windows. I only have 19 addresses, (20 if you count yer own) still waiting for Earl M to send me his/hers, and Heather is going to send me hers as soon as she gets a box number, the others have dropped out.
Thanks for all the sweet comments, catch ya all soon...:clap:

artastic
04-20-2010, 08:34 AM

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/1272/completed/102043/tn_Leojacko.jpg

beautiful job, I love the yellow fram agains the blue wall, these are SO pretty

artastic
04-20-2010, 08:37 AM

this is amazing, I love old shutters and pealing paint , this is really fab!!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/1272/completed/215161/tn_windowinred.jpg

flower mania
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/1272/completed/215161/tn_flowermania.jpg

the colors are fabulous! I love plants in the windows too

artastic
04-20-2010, 08:39 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=69700

window thru a window at Carcasonne for Nina
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/1272/completed/143492/tn_windowthruwindowatCarcassoneforNina.jpg

your country is so rich with history and fine old stone, I love these windows

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/1272/completed/143492/tn_parthenaybourgoiswindowforBonnie.jpg

this is exquisite, the railing and the shingles, and al the decorative moldings! thank you so much Kat

leojacko
04-20-2010, 01:33 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=69700

window thru a window at Carcasonne for Nina
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/1272/completed/143492/tn_windowthruwindowatCarcassoneforNina.jpg

This lovely ATC arrived safely at my place. It is beautifully painted and such an interesting topic - a window through a window!

Thank you Kat for the card and all the work you are putting into this project :thumbsup:

Nina

Catherine1
04-20-2010, 02:44 PM
Hey Everyone... :)

Busy Busy Busy... you are Beth.. :D Gee..
I thought I was doing well with getting 9 done, scanned, and ready to go.... hope to get them in the mail tomorrow. I have found that there is a learning curve to doing small.. and if I don't mail them now... I could go on for months trying to do better windows.. ::sigh::

I love all the windows.. And.. this has been lots of fun... Though I have a question... I would like to comment on the windows.. SO do you just go to the completed page and place a comment one window at a time, then it shows up here?? What is the etiquette in regards to doing this?

Thanks in advance...

Scattykat
04-20-2010, 03:28 PM
Hi Catherine, glad you liked yer mini pic.
Yep, you can comment on each one if you like, and have time. Or you can put a few together by copying and pasting several into the same window and comment on a group, don't forget to put a 'return' between each one if you do, otherwise this page will become to wide to fit on the screen.
Several folks have said they keep a piece of paper by the pooter and keep a record of who they've commented on, me too, otherwise I get mixed up :rolleyes: .
Hope that helps :)
Just got another 3 off today, I'm really enjoying myself, hope everyone else is toooo...:wave:

Scattykat
04-20-2010, 04:25 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=69701

Window for Catherine
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/1272/completed/102043/Catherine1007.jpg

another little gem...

Scattykat
04-20-2010, 04:27 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=69702

Window for Beth (signchick)
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/1272/completed/102043/Signchick.jpg

cool shutters, and another abundance of flowers in that window box, lovely...:thumbsup:

anviss
04-21-2010, 03:22 PM
such lovely comments :clap: i'm blushing (hope that's the correct spelling)
i'll comment on evrybody elses later, i need to get some work done first :(
see you later :wave:

Scattykat
04-21-2010, 03:40 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=69710

church window for catherine1007
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/1272/completed/215161/churchwindow.jpg

An...this is fab, great idea the stained glass...:thumbsup:

Scattykat
04-21-2010, 03:41 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=69711

stained glass abstract for autismart
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/1272/completed/215161/stainedglassabstract.jpg

cool work, the abstract approach on this one is great...

Scattykat
04-21-2010, 03:42 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=69712

double window in red for artastic
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/1272/completed/215161/doublewindowinred.jpg

a double whammy for Bonnie, super stuff...

Scattykat
04-21-2010, 03:43 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=69713

country side stained glass for joan t
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/1272/completed/215161/countrysidestainedglass.jpg

love this, beautifull...:thumbsup:

Scattykat
04-21-2010, 03:43 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=69714

stained glass blue & yellow for helen
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/1272/completed/215161/stainedglassblueyello.jpg

super colour in this one, and so much detail, wonderful...

Scattykat
04-21-2010, 03:45 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=69715

laundry window for leojacko
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/1272/completed/215161/laundrywindow.jpg

this is so cool, I love washing lines, and windows, fab...:D

Scattykat
04-21-2010, 03:47 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=69709

Window for Bonnie (artastic)
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/1272/completed/102043/Artastic.jpg

Kitty, another super lil window, sweet flower pots and very chique blue shutters...:thumbsup:

Catherine1
04-21-2010, 03:55 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=69710

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/1272/completed/215161/churchwindow.jpg

An... Thank you I love it! The picture here doesn't do it justice. The colors are so intense and vibrant it fairly glows. The detail on it is wonderful.. Thanks again An.

Catherine1
04-21-2010, 04:04 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=69701

Window for Catherine
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/1272/completed/102043/Catherine1007.jpg
Kit.. Its so delicately done.. Love how the flowers nestle right into the box.. Very pretty. I love it! Thank you

artastic
04-21-2010, 08:55 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=69711

stained glass abstract for autismart
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/1272/completed/215161/tn_stainedglassabstract.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/../Community/Projects/lib/1272/completed/215161/tn_churchwindow.jpg

these are brilliant!! wonderfully done An

artastic
04-21-2010, 08:57 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=69712

double window in red for artastic
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/1272/completed/215161/tn_doublewindowinred.jpg

OMG thiis is so colorful and a DELIGHT to open, I just LOVE it An

Delete this line then add your comments, but leave the links above intact, Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=69715

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/../Community/Projects/lib/1272/completed/215161/tn_laundrywindow.jpg

wonderful postcards, I love the addition of laundry

artastic
04-21-2010, 08:58 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=69713

country side stained glass for joan t
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/1272/completed/215161/tn_countrysidestainedglass.jpg

Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=69714

stained glass blue & yellow for helen
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/../Community/Projects/lib/1272/completed/215161/tn_stainedglassblueyello.jpg

the detail is so intricate in these amazing! are they all postcard size An?

leojacko
04-22-2010, 01:02 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=69715

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/1272/completed/215161/tn_laundrywindow.jpg

This one is mine!

Isn't it delightful?

Just loving all the windows I am seeing here. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Nina

artastic
04-22-2010, 06:46 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=69709

Window for Bonnie (artastic)
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/1272/completed/102043/tn_Artastic.jpg

isn't this just the Greatest? I love the highlights on the pots and the tiles! my fav is the yellow walls and blue shutters!
Kitty this is just beautiful, thank you so much.

artastic
04-22-2010, 08:39 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=69702

Window for Beth (signchick)
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/1272/completed/102043/tn_Signchick.jpg

Window for Catherine
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/1272/completed/102043/tn_Catherine1007.jpg

these are to bright and cheery

beautiful job Kitty!

Joan T
04-22-2010, 10:00 AM

Kitty - This is lovely!!! I love the touch of the curtain in the corner, the shadows on the wall, and the beautiful cascading flowers.