PDA

View Full Version : Posting Photos from Mac

Lynndidj
03-06-2010, 01:00 AM
If anyone is a Mac user, and understands how to get a photo uploaded, please PM me. I am beyond frustrated. I think I have the right pixel size, but can't get the actual size on the thread to change. I have a MacBook Pro (Intel 2) with iLife 09 and Aperture 2.

Thank you so much,

Lynn

mrking
03-06-2010, 01:24 AM
Can you verify in Aperture that it is only 800 pixels in either direction and is 72ppi?

Lynndidj
03-06-2010, 01:48 AM
Yes - it was 800 one way and 640 or something the other way.

Lynn

*Deirdre*
03-06-2010, 06:40 AM
If anyone is a Mac user, and understands how to get a photo uploaded, please PM me. I am beyond frustrated. I think I have the right pixel size, but can't get the actual size on the thread to change. I have a MacBook Pro (Intel 2) with iLife 09 and Aperture 2.

Thank you so much,

Lynn
Lynn...I changed it in CS4 (PS) and uploaded it for you, as you only have 1 hour from the original post in which to change anything. I don't have a Mac.:crying:

Lynndidj
03-06-2010, 01:35 PM
Deirdre - thank you so much!!! There has to be a way to do this with the machine and programs I currently have. I even have an older PSE but I could never figure that one out either. My niece is going to teach me some of the PSE basics, but really, there has to be an easier way to post on Wet Canvas!! Maybe with the new servers they have coming it will be easier.

Lynn

pastellady
03-06-2010, 01:46 PM
Lynn, I feel your frustration. I have a pc but am not able to upload images no matter what I do-so I have just given up. Good luck with your endeavor.

KariTirrell
03-06-2010, 02:13 PM
Lynn, you might try downloading Firefox and posting from that browser. I think Safari doesn't play nice with forums. And as previously mentioned, you want to make sure your pic is 72 ppi, no larger than 800 pixels in the longest direction.

Lynndidj
03-06-2010, 03:18 PM
Thanks Kari - I have firefox because I needed it for something else. I will try and open WC in firefox and see if that helps.

Lynn

Pat Isaac
03-06-2010, 06:02 PM
Lynn, I have an iMac intel and have had no problems uploading. I do have photoshop, but images can be changed in size via Preview which is on all macs.

Pat

Lynndidj
03-06-2010, 07:17 PM
Hi Pat - thanks for your input. I tried opening the photo in Preview and I can change the dimensions of the photo, but not the pixel size. So I guess I need to change the pixel size in the e-mail part of the iphoto and then adjust the size in preview. Somehow, it should just be easier :-)

Lynn

Pat Isaac
03-06-2010, 07:45 PM
Yes, you can change the resolution size in preview. The box that comes up under change size has pixel dimensions and then a box for resolution. Just change this to 72 and you should be all set.

Pat

Namaste13
03-06-2010, 07:52 PM
Hey Lyn, I have both those programs and a MAC. I use iPhoto to upload, you should have that on your computer and it works better or me. I know how frustrating it is for sure!

Lynndidj
03-06-2010, 08:02 PM
Pat - Found the Adjust Size in the Preview. Whew!! Thanks so much everybody for helping me with this. It has really prevented me from participating on this website.

It would be great if WC would have an automatic adjustment for any photo that is uploaded - or a place on the website to do that with obvious kinds of tools - it would be really helpful for those of us who are computer-challenged. Hint, Hint WC!!

Lynn

bethanyt
03-06-2010, 08:06 PM
Lyn, yes I have a new mac.... here's what I do to resize my painting photos (I usually take really big photos)
I get my photos off my camera into iphoto, edit them to adjust how I want them.
I drag them onto the desktop. Double click them to open them in preview. Go to the file menu and choose "grab"--> selection. Click and drag over the image. This creates a new window in "tiff".
Go to the file menu- click save as.... the window pops up. Choose JPEG from the arrows ^ showing tiff.
When you have selected JPEG, this will show a sliding scale of ><"quality" I slide it to about 200mb.
Name it in the "save as" window where: desktop.
Then upload from there.
Hope this helps!

Lynndidj
03-06-2010, 09:57 PM
Thanks Bethany! I'm printing that on my printer for easy reference!!!

Lynn